Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

how many more day will he get out of this?

any guesses

I'd say it'll finish Friday, with another week when the investigation is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭squonk

Oh loads. He’s on a roll now. Cheerleader for the braying mob and hero of the downtrodden. Can’t walk away from that till it’s week and truly flogged to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He's after getting his arse handed back to him from a survivor now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Joe getting a ticking off for leaving today's press conference early and not having the full facts. "But I had to" sez Joe.

Joe wasn’t backing any of the backlash for leaving the presser early. He had to apparently. Must have been coddle day in de canteen so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe freaked he's been told he got facts wrong, he will ditch the story forever after today, wohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe getting scolded on his lack of attention to detail and manipulation of facts.

He's not liking this!

Lol! Joe can dish it out but can’t take it himself. You go cawlur!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

by god, this lad has no time for Joe's messing in this, although I'd imagine Liveline is bringing this to the wider public.

• Advertisement

Segway to Michael. I’d say Joe can’t get rid of John fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Not a bad day outside. Looks like the rain is holding off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Joe's blood pressure up today lol

In any case it's frankly shocking (not really though) that Joe's trying to speak with any air of authority on the press conference if he couldn't even stay for the whole fecking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Standing on the courtroom steps ( after collecting a million + € .) “ I didn’t take this case for my own benefit but so it will not happen to anyone else”.. yeah right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Duffy pompous carryon at the presser was embarrassing. A full scale sermon and gets snippy when asked if he had a question or not!

And that's the bit they played out on air.

Again, and I'm not new here, could a senior producer not suggest editing it down to just the question and answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Would Joe be keeping it going if it was Rats from de flats that was abused?

I’m beginning to think that this is joes personal fiefdom. He has a staff to do the menial work he couldn’t be arsed doing but when it comes to what goes out and how it goes out, it’s joes show and he overrides the producer. I mean, even anyone with no production knowledge would have snipped most of that pompous grandstanding and petty attack that Joe let loose at that presser. Joe probably thinks it makes him look hard to put that on air. Pity he doesn’t listen to his staff. That being said I have no evidence to back up my claim but really, the evidence certainly points in that direction.

• I’m not too comfortable, got too much sun exposure today and am paying for it. La Graciosa off Lanzarote literally is a desert island with no shelter outside of the small village. Totally unspoilt and only Canarian or other Spanish tourists visit it, the odd young German couple.

• When comes the time there will be a fine erection in his honour in Glasnevin 🪦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Look, I am sure Joe had to get to the studio. As great as Joe is, he cannot transcend space and time boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I have routine and for years have liveline on every day whether I listen or not. The last few days is off.

Can't be listening to this Sh1t never mind the warning about if young ears are listening turn it off.

All ears turn off I say when he does this kind of show.

Hearing the safety officer (sic) of Blackrock interviewed on Drivetime last night was just another reminder of why PR advisors nationwide tell any of their clients to avoid Liveline with a barge-pole. Last night's interview was measured, respectful, both the presenter and interviewee got time to speak without any interruption, and if the latter did start to deviate the presenter brought things back, again, in a measured polite manner. No shouting down or rudely cutting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

If it wasn't for the terrible subject matter, yesterdays hard boiled investigative journalist sthick 🕵️ from Joe would have been hilarious. I think he confused everyone including himself with his auld blather at the press conference. The man must be inhaling his own farts if he feels he belongs anywhere near such a setting.

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Oh yes, I was there meself a few years ago. Took the boat over from Lanz for the day. I also got fairly burnt out of it from the lack of shelter, and being a bit of a thick Irishman out for a walk in the de midlde of de day. It's a great option to get away from the resorts for a while.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

Drug dealing in the crib in da GPO. Sure O'Connell Street is a kip.

Joe's boner for the Spiritans continues. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only catching up and from a glance at the the thread I’m gathering Joe went to a press conference? Talk about notions. The actual journalists there must have been shaking their heads in disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

No, he went to half a press conference. He left before it finished and then had his facts wrong when he talked about it on the Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Tow

Twis the GPO, what do your expect! A few years ago I was waiting outside early in the morning for it to open. However it must been dole day, because the group of characters arriving was something to be seen. When the door opened I allowing them to go in first and eventually entered fearing for my life.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Absolutely, understood. But don't go on your show then acting like you're fully informed of the event.

Advertisement