Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I thought the general conclusion was that Rugbymad2020 was a rereg of a banned user.

Never mind just checked the banned user joined about a month before Rassie was announced in Munster and was banned more or less when Rassie finished in Munster.

He never talked positively about Munster when he was here before but he always had a lot to say about Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why do you have to insult people because they have a different view to you?

I don't like Rassie but I don't think it's a big deal at all. Stay off social media and you don't have to read his thoughts. Or just ignore what he says, I'm sure it's easy to block the name Rassie on those sites. I don't use them because the amount of stupidity on them is mind numbing. The reactions to what others say, like what you are doing, is ridiculous and irrational.

Cop on to yourself.

A coward? Lol. I'm very confident he has a lot more balls than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I have no interest in looking for your previous post. I've made it very clear that I don't like the man but respect the work he has done. He's not the first and won't be the last person I'll say that about.

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that it's not a big deal and I suspect he's doing it to develop an 'us against the world' attitude with his team. That's a great message to get across to a team psychologically if you can achieve it.

Bookmark that and come back to me after the world Cup. I don't think they'll win it, I wouldn't rule it out, but they'll make the semi-finals.

• Advertisement

See? You admire the very traits that make Rassie such a giant cock

What balls do you need to send out tweets? He doesn't have the balls to stand over what he said. He's a coward.

Well it's quite clear you struggle with comprehension then if you believe that. That's a social media thing, there's millions like you.

Do you get upset over every little thing that's said on social media that you don't agree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

It’s a valid point that on Rassie’s mental state.

it actually didn’t occur to me because I lost such respect for him at Munster. He could have had a mental illness at that stage of course.

not sure if I’m using the correct words to describe the above. But our worst self usually surfaces under great stress.

he does have to be punished all the same. Unfortunately the only way for change to occur is to sanction the players. Prevent them meeting with the referees before the games and it will stop.

Tell you what, you point to the post where you say Rassie is in the wrong and should apologise for all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The state of this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Unpack this though.

Barnes and his family received abuse and threats. They would not have received this abuse were it not for Erasmus's behaviour.

Does your logic extend to them? Should they just get off social media, because it's a cesspit anyway?

Just because a context is already bad or unpleasant, doesn't mean that a person's actions can't directly make it worse. And it also doesn't grant that person outright immunity for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rassie Is targeting refs, he is deliberately whipping up hate and vitriol at refs and their families. Regardless of what you think, that's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Gracious, what is going on with this thread? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Do you understand the reach and influence of social media? Telling someone they should just ignore posts that might bother them and that'll be the end of it is pretty stupid. Especially when the person posting is in a position of influence and high standing.

You might want to read up on the role of social media in modern society.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I initially defended Rassie back when all this carry on started.

He’s gone way beyond the line tho, and world rugby really need to make an example of him at this stage. It’s not acceptable.

And am fully expecting BigBok to call me a c*ck now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah rassies just being a dick....

Head

If they got death threats from social media posts then isn't shutting down social media platforms completely the right thing to do for the safety of everybody?

It's not what was said it's the reactions of the idiots reading it. Same as a bunch on here would be all for lynching Rassie.

Can you specifically say that Rassie's comments led to the death threats. What about the comments of the wife of Cheslin Kolbe? I'm sure there were others making comments as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

I said I don't think it's a big deal, that's not me defending him or criticising him. Do you understand that?

I have my own opinion why he is doing this and I've posted that here. Maybe I'm overestimating his intelligence level by saying that.

I think Wayne Barnes was atrocious, and I've seen a lot of that from him lately, in that game. You can go back to when the match was still on or just finished and you'll see that I posted the above.

I don't like that there were death threats but that's a social media issue not what a person says. Imo large social media platforms are full of stupid people, that's how stupid people now have a voice. Years ago they were just ignored.

I've grown tired of this now because it's feeling very social media and I'm not into that.

This site used to be so much better than it is these days, it's like it's been taken over by Facebook and Twitter. We used to have intelligent conversations here believe it or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The mental gymnastics to defend Rassie’s deliberate and targeted attacks on referees and the game through social media. Are pretty amazing.

1. Rassie being a good coach who helped the springboks win a World Cup. Has nothing to do with his bullying tactics on social media. Conflating the two is a strawman.
    2. Rassie is not just a Joe soap on Twitter, which means he has to be held to a higher standard.
    3. This is the second referee to receive death threats after he has targeted them. That’s not a coincidence.
    4. Rassie is just expressing his opinions. Free speech blah blah blah. Rassie is using cherry picked information to try and create a narrative. It’s not being presented or received by some as an opinion. It’s being treated as fact. When it is in reality Trump level disinformation.

Rassie is free to say whatever he wants and face the consequences of his words. Just like everyone else on this planet. Unfortunately WR don’t seem strong enough to actually enforce those consequences.

Bristol beat South Africa A 26-18 last night, with a late SA A try putting a gloss on the scoreline.

Jason Jenkins got a yellow in the 15th min for a dangerous tackle, that apparently the ref spent 5 mins debating over (according to whining SA fans on twitter anyway), so hopefully nothing more comes of that.

Serious question marks about the quality of South African depth here. This is a Bristol team short their internationals, and currently sit 10th (second bottom) in the Premiership, with 2 wins out of 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If you sat down and went through this thread there is only one logical conclusion you could come to.

That twitter is a load of shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

So the Springbok top team have lost both their tests this November and their second string side have lost to teams in the bottom 3 of the URC and the Premiership 😂 In short, the Boks are ****! No wonder Rassie is posting crap all over social media. He has to distract fans from how crap his team is.

Finally, let's go Italy!! And please tell me the Boks are playing Perpignan next week 😁

I guess that's where we differ. As a lifelong rugby fan, I do think it is a big deal that the head coach of the reigning world champions is accusing World Rugby of conspiracy and corruption against his team and inciting his team's fans into abusing referees on social media.

If you think that's OK, then fine, we'll never see eye to eye. Such is the rich tapestry of life I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

SH teams lose autumn internationals and they are crap.

NH win autumn internationals and they are the best in the world.

There is only one barometer of success on a global scale, its clear SH coaches are building towards the RWC, and history tells us that they almost always get it right.

We go thru this every lions tour and every word cup,especially with the Irish fans talking themselves up.yet every time they get smashed.u would think u woudl have learnt by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

The 'us against the world' mentality can be built on the training pitch and in the dressing room. It doesn't need to be done on social media.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

This is the exact same argument from 6 years ago except substitute “every time we play New Zealand”.

We had previous lost all 28 Tests against them. We’ve beaten them 5-3 since.

Or, put simply, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

But at the moment, I understand why a SA fan may want to focus on past performances and possible future results rather than anything currently happening...

• Advertisement

Nope I just think SA will go further in the word cup.even the bookies as bad as SA are playing are the same price as Ireland

Advertisement