Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Re-united with Chesney. In The Bill, Ciaran Griffiths was PC Gary Best and then 8 year old Sam Aston was his nephew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ciaran Griffiths was in it before as another character

Ironically he was Mickey in Shameless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He was Linda's Baldwin brother Dean who was shot in the Freshco's robbery by Emma Watts.

Be great if Linda returned with a junior Baldwin

Could happen yet. But junior of which Baldwin🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Spider needs acting lessons , he was painfully bad last night

not liking this storyline at all I hope it wraps up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has it been confirmed if Spider is actually a cop or do they have him as an informant trying to get off the hook for another crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Well Spider might be a bad actor, but he’s in the ha’penny place compared to the chap that plays Max. Amazingly, he actually won some soap award or other. I saw an interview with him afterwards and he seems to go on the same way when talking in real life, so he’s not really acting, that’s just the way he is. He shouldn’t be let within an asses roar of a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Millie Gibson wasn't out of work long. She's going to be Dr. Who's new assistant. Fair play, good role for her. That'll put her on the world stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Probably waiting for the Christmas episode. So maybe it will drag on for some more weeks yet. The good thing about that is it will showcase Spider's wide-ranging acting skills.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Linda Baldwin was a great character, but I don't think Jacqueline Pirie acts any more. Last I heard she was teaching.

But, yes, she would really throw the cat among the pigeons.

The Max story. Hmmm. I don't think the character is a racist, but they played it well when he said David never thinks he is any good at anything. You can see how he was easy enough pickings for Griff and Co..

It's a pity he was the one to make the doctored edited video of the meeting. With his interest in media and having been at the meeting himself, his way to enlightenment could have been how he would see how the Griff gang twisted what had actually happened (and then he may have thought twice about the videos they got him to watch). He's not a great actor, but I think some of his 'I'm getting a bad smell' faces are supposed to indicate he is thinking about things. Maybe the dawn will come for him soon.

They could recast Linda

Apparently the Kelly actress is the new Doctor Who companion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Isn’t Ferne the actor from Brookside? Can’t remember her name but she was the mother with the child that had Down syndrome (Alice) - the child died recently in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

Yes! I knew I knew her. She had another called Thomas and she was frightfully posh. Married to Max in Brookside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Patricia was her name in Brookside (just googled that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Patricia Farnham!

The actress played Bob in Blackadder Goes Forth!

Soap changes due to World Cup.

Soap Changes due to World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

When are Ty and Fizz going to wake up? Hope has serious problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

She’s too cute and sly for them now.

Doesn’t help when they’re both idiots.

Corrie and they stupid play I hate it so boring

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mary's channelling of Joan Crawford was bizarre, though fairly accurate in its hamminess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Does everyone wrire with their left hand tonight or am I watching this in selfie mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

This Summer storyline is completely ridiculous. She must be one of the thickest characters in a long time. Which is the complete opposite of what she originally was. The sooner she ships out the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Pity Hope didn't give them a few whacks with that hammer 🔨 might have opened their eyes to the fact that she's a feckin pyscho 👿 (Great little actress, in fairness).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

So rather than going down the legitimate route and using Sam's money, Nick cosies up to the criminal and starts lying to Leanne, what a plank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Mike and Ester are so creepy. All the covert glances between them are really uncomfortable. Pressuring Summer to move in with them without Aaron feels really weird. They seem like they would kidnap Summer and tie her to the bed until she gives birth if that’s what it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think they were going to sell the baby on for more money.... It's going to get nasty now I think. They'll force summer to become pregnant again or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

So sick of stories about money worries: Debbie Webster, Nick and Harvey (Nick's farts are going to smell particularly bad in the next while), Summer, Fiz and the book, Stephen...

Hats off to Ken Barlow, age 90 in real life, not sure of the characters age, but he has a photo of Deirdre, he's flirting with Barge lady, all while Wendy Crozier is waiting for him. I tell you he's beaten Mike Baldwin hands down this time! Baldwin would be turning in his grave!

Advertisement