If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday offers?

Options
  • 25-10-2022 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a relative looking for a new TV and wants something similar to me (OLED or a slim LED from Samsung). I told them to wait and not order the one they were looking at in Currys as RS might have something in the black friday sale next month. Just want to check if you guys think there'll be some BF offers on Samsungs or an OLED from the likes of LG?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Oat23,

Unfortunately we're never told the deals in advance so I'm not too sure what will be included.

We do have a 14 Day price promise though so if you do purchase early and the price drops within 14 days we can refund the difference.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Hi,

I see the .com site has black Friday pricing - but not the .ie site, is it going to be updated too? or will I just go off the .com one?

thanks

-Coley.

Hi coley,

Thanks for the post!

Our website should reflect the .com pricing but if there's something you're looking for that doesn't match do let me know and we can process that over the phone.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Hi all,

If I order from Dublin, a TV with 5 years Sony Warranty, will they honor it in Dublin? I know you offer 6 year warranty. However, just want to check what if I ask Sony directly for any defects as they have warranty for 5 years on certain TVs. TIA.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Jjohnrockk.

Our 6 year guarantee is now a Sony warranty.

If you have any issues with anything within our 6 year cover you would need to contact our service team and not Sony unfortunately.

You might be able to also register with Sony for their 5 year cover if you like but if making a claim on either warranty you would need to contact the correct department.

If you can get a 5 year cover from Sony then any issues you would need to deal directly with Sony rathe than our service team.

And if you decide to use our 6 year then Sony will not be able to give you a report it would need to be our service team for that.

WE DO NOT OFFER A SONY 5 YEAR WARRANTY ON OUR SONY TV!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks. I meant sony offering 5 year on OLEDs.

Is this because TV bought from UK for Ireland?

Find it amusing, a manufacturer offering 5 year on TV sold, elsewhere but not from RS.

Thanks for getting back to us Jjohnrockk,

I would need to look into the Sony warranty but our warranty covers for the additional 5 years and that if you have any issues at all with the TV you just come straight to us and we will get you sorted throughout NI or ROI.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.