Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

@Newgirl22

I wasn't asked to show room but I would make sure no sun shining directly onto screen..

I had my report printed but in a condensed form and read from that. I also had application in front of me too.

When are you up. The best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

They dont ask you to scan the room.

I had my application form and report printed and the board were aware of that.

I dont know about cards for prompting but I cant see an issue.

I had a pen and paper and I took some notes when I was clarifying points they were looking for on some of the longer type questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

@becsdan I am up tomorrow. Did a mock today and helped me feel a little bit better and know how to answer tricky questions if anything is thrown in.

Thanks for the good luck!

@Skweefie they’ll love seeing my set up if they do ask haha big huge table from out the back and a kitchen chair.

thanks for the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

Best of luck today, hope it all goes well 😁

• Advertisement

Congrats on getting done and dusted! A relief to have it over you! Hope you aren't waiting too long for results ☺️

@MaryRyan48

Thank you. Hopefully not.. Going to try put it out of my mind as much as possible otherwise I'll torment myself. 🤣

Any word of your placement yet?

@becsdan

That's the hard part is trying not to think about it 24/7!!

No word on placement yet, my reference has gone back from my current employer so hopefully hear this week or early next week 🤞

Interview is done and dusted! So Happy to have it over with. I did slides for my presentation and I shared my screen. The Interview board was lovely. My interview was 70 minutes. Anyone up next Know your form inside out and know your competencies. They will hammer you for questions but it’s to get the best out of you. Look at the HEO Framework for each competencies and this is where they get their questions from. Hope to not be waiting long for results. PAS said on the call it will be roughly 2-3 weeks so I'm guessing around the end of November/start of December.

Best of Luck to everyone in the next few batches. Put the work in and you will all fly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

Does anyone know if they intend to call another batch of people for interview prior to Xmas? I am trying to gage will I do prep course before Xmas or after. I am in the early 300's in the second batch but I would prefer to do course closer to the interview just to keep everything fresh in my mind.

• Advertisement

@Louise Dav When I called to ask about mine I was told they will have 2-3 weeks of interviews in November and again 2-3 weeks of interviews in December but it depends on the availability of interviewers and how many people accept their date. If some people can’t attend their date they could move onto the next person to fill the gaps.

I did my interview today and I was in the 150’s. No harm in called PAS to see what number they are up to currently and it’ll give you a rough idea. Hopefully it’s not too close to Christmas or straight after Christmas.

I have a really great guy for interview Prep if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

This week and last week they seem to be working through about 150 to 200 of batch 2, or thereabouts. They seem to be doing batches of 50 every two weeks. So assuming they have issued interview dates to 200 to 250 with interviews starting this Monday, then 250 to 300 in the two weeks after that, then 300 to 350 two weeks later again and so on. However, they might slow down in December.

Long story short? Maybe call PAS and they might give you a better hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I emailed PAS a week or two ago and they said there will be no HEO interviews in December. I was enquiring about Dublin. This could change though.

@Skweefie

I was in 140's and another colleague was the same and done interview this week. They knew I was on hols first week in November, so that's why I could have got a date when I did.

I reckon they are up around the 200 mark?

But yes , I would recommend to email Pas too

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Has anyone been called for Meath or Louth to stage 3? Or had any word from PAS as to when stage 3 candidates will be brought forward. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

Hi @MaryRyan48, I was just wondering had you any word on being placed yet? Im dying to know if I'll be reached for placement before Christmas! Thanks

Nothing yet unfortunately 😔 I'll update as soon as I hear as I know everyone is looking for a timeline 🙂

Hi thanks a mill, really appreciate the updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I think I was the last on this batch then? I interviewed at 2.45 until around 3.50 today. I was OOM early teens, but had to defer as I had an operation last month.

Interview board were lovely and I felt instantly relaxed. Now a waiting game! Good luck all :)

I rang today and was told Interviews finished today and result will be out by the end of the month. The 30th is a Wednesday so I’d say the results will be out by the 2nd of December or could be early and do them next Friday but us all out of our misery

• Advertisement

Thanks for that and best of luck, hopefully they may use first couple of weeks in December for clearence

@Newgirl22

Oh really thank you for update

Hopefully we won't be waiting too long. I'm getting more nervous as the days go on. 🤣🤣🤣

Best of luck everyone and enjoy the weekend.

@becsdan they normally give results on a Thursday afternoon or Friday afternoon so I’m guessing it could be next week. I am like yourself. Have a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AMEMCM

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TedS2017

I got my clearance email today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kay46a

Thanks, got mine today, happy to see it moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

@AMEMCM @TedS2017 @Kay46a congratulations on clearance, can I ask what regions have you been called for? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lis87

I got my clearance email last Friday, for Offaly region.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Got a clearance email Friday and also got a leinster location

How long does it take normally from people starting this process upto hearing from pas again for those already through it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Kay46a

Advertisement