Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to receive satellite on Sky Q in Dublin 18 from 18:00 to 22:00-ish on Wed 16th Nov

• 17-11-2022 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭

My Sky Q box could not receive any satellite channels in Dublin 18 from 18:00 to 22:00-ish on Wed 16th Nov.

After 22:00 it started receiving again but was virtually unwatcahable with a lot of pixellation/artefacts/drop-outs. This morning (17th) it seems to be fully back to normal.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what might have caused this? Odd weather condidtions? Sky Q box on the way out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭fman

Others on here will be more knowledge than me, but the more likely culprit would be the dish. Possibly something odd weather wise made more of an issue at the time.

For diagnosis if it recurs, can recordings, apps etc be used during the issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Yes everything seemed to be working except for live satellite channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Just for the record, this issue repeated itself and was getting worse and worse. Finally I called out Sky. The Sky engineer resolved it by re-making an old join in one of the cables.

Advertisement