Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch games for a 6-y/o

Options
  • 17-11-2022 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

The little one is getting a Switch this Christmas, but I am not sure what games would be suitable/fun for him. He likes (and is rather good at) Astro's Playroom and Sackboy: The Big Adventure on the PS5. He is also quite competent with his reading, so games with reasonable amount of text for his age should not be a problem. As I am not experienced at all with the Switch library, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations. Based on what I've looked up online, it looks like Super Mario Odyssey or Super Mario 3D World would be up his alley, but I am not sure if they are okay difficulty-wise. Luigi's Mansion also looks interesting, but I am wondering if it is not too scary for a 6 y/o. Could anybody kindly advise on what their kids enjoy?

Also, would you advise getting a pro controller?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

My 6 year old finished Mario Odyssey 3 times now. First time around I had to help him figure out one or two later bosses. But he loves it. If you get one game, get that one.

Kirby Star Allies was another one (and Kirby forgotten land which I thought they would like more because its a bit more like Odyssey hasn't really caught fire with them). Mario deluxe was preferred to Mario 3D world but they like both. Luigi is a bit puzzley so another year or two before he will get the most out of that I reckon.

And for some reason he is also addicted to Plants vs Zombies and Minecraft even though he doesn't really know how to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Luigi’s mansion isn’t scary really.

My 6 and 8 year olds love it.

Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart also good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury, Super Mart Kart, Animal Crossing New Horizons

Can't vouch for Animal Crossing but my kids loved/love it.

The first 3 are excellent and suitable for everyone who wants to have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm obliged at this rate to nominate Rayman Legends as it's still an incredible. accessible game and it can be picked up on Switch for absolute pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Qboot

Thank you all for your recommendations. It looks like Mario Odyssey it will be, then — based on what I've seen on YouTube, I am leaning towards this as well. May have a look at 3D World, Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, that's an absolutely brilliant 2D platform game.

If Nintendo had their badge on this it would still be full price.

Advertisement