Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah Swaps are dead handy, my FIFA time is constrained at the moment but getting 2 and a bit countries done a night in less than an hour. The Showcase ones where you have to play Squad Battles is a pain in the rocks. EA could have easily just made it 5 players per country so you could get two sets done at a time. There's hardly a metric worth a shíte that makes it god for them to show how many people are playing SBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

can you use the non time limited players in the friendly (to qualify as one of the 6 players) the path to glory players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Don't know exactly how many as it stops counting at 50 but definitely have over 100 PPs to open

Got 4 players above 84, Kane, Modric, Rodri and 87 Milik...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Loving the new patch to be honest.

It's nice for Mbappe to no longer get outpaced in a straight line by Harry **** Maguire!

Time to get Vini Jr in now. He should be one of the best cards with this patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mbappe is unreal now and same for Al Owarsin or whatever his name is.

Both cards are rising in price now by at least 200k.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unfortunate side effect of the patch is that champs is absolutely garbage again and basically back to fut22.

All pace pace pace pace pace. Sit deep and use the same old pacy agile forwards that we saw last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn’t want to invest the entire weekend into WL, so I put my tactics to constant pressure, and quit any game where I went 1 down. The vast, vast majority of people quit after two goals.

usually, on a bad week, I hit Rank 7 and today, I did that in under 90 minutes 😂 Between quits and people giving away wins, it really was a breeze to listen to some podcasts, burn through it quickly, and then have the weekend free for other games.

sure its the same every single fifa.... 2-3 months if even that of the new style and then it just reverts back to pace whoring.... wouldn't mind but I enjoyed the version prior to the patch even if i was getting my ass kicked by Haaland. At least it was a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is there a big difference in the game play apart from pace lads?

How does it effect defending has it gotten harder now?

I'll have to play one or two games later and see then decide if I want to buy certain players as my plan might now have to change!

Yes it's a pretty big difference. Pacy players are king again. Defending is harder because the meta has been boosted on the usual suspects like Vini Jr, Messi, Dembele, Ronaldo etc, so you get paced to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How did you manage to get it all done? I’ve tried to fly through the WL today myself and I’ve been hit with a f**king soft ban as a result so I can’t even finish it without getting absolutely dire rewards.

EA literally despises anyone who gives them money.

Great sounds like game is even worse for me so! Was actually getting good mileage out of Ultimate team this year but if it's as annoying as people are saying I'll either go to career mode or another game!

Went 10-10 in WL. Rewards garbage as per usual.

Should have been 11-10, got done by 120th minute nonsense in the last game. Player tripped over thin air to allow someone clear through on goal. 🙄

First game 5-5 defenders can barely catch forwards now even if there faster! 3 penos because all u need to do is run at defense and it's nearly always a foul.

So no point spending big on defenders anymore?

Next game I play 8 - 4 **** game is fucked ha.

Really? Never hit any sort of ban myself. I did take a half hour break in the middle of matches So maybe avoided it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Mbappe is absolutely ridiculous now.

Feels like I'm using a Moments Icon in week 1 of the game cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

They've ruined the game IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

My team at the moment, the usual shíte with the fastest players in their positions just to keep up with the meta 😴

Got Ronaldo in as a second ST with Haaland well I dunno whether its the patch but Haaland seems like a different player! He dominated for me before this and had something like 150 goals in 160-odd games and 40-odd assists. Well, its all Ronaldo now he's the one who makes the runs Haaland just runs into players or stays still. Ronaldo has 8 goals in 4 games and is a much more complete forward the runs he makes off of the ball are perfect.

Finally got Van Dijk in as well but I think defending is fucked at this stage so I dunno if he's worth keeping maybe be better to go back to Varane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There are three certainties in life; death, taxes and FIFA being ruined by a patch every November.

Might be time to start playing full backs as centre backs, like the good ole days.

wait till tots...every joe soap will be running RB at CB ..especially with the new chem.

By far the worst weekend I've played, don't usually notice all that much with the patches but old gen is almost exactly fifa 22 again

Actually no it's FIFA 22 but keepers jump out of the way on almost ever shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Managed to finish 11-6 this weekend, first time hitting 11 wins. Dzeko, Mendes and Otavio in the picks + Kean, Nunez and a 77 in the TOTW pack. Ultimate pack + 50k pack were complete **** tho, 84 max and the ultimate pack gave me 21 of 24 duplicates…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The new win/loss counter in Champs is laughable, can they do anything right?!

Got Kroos in Reds, nice fodder.

I actually hate the game right now on new-gen. It's football played at 10x speed.

0 depth and small pacy agile forwards all over the place. At the start of the year we were all delighted that more players were now usable, well that's totally out the window again, we're back to the same poxy Dembele / Neymar / Messi / Mbappe / Al Owairan nonsense.

Run to the byline, cutback, goal. Run around in a circle a few times, skill move skill move skill move. It's a mess.

My CBs are absolute dirt now. They were never top tier, but pre-patch they were serviceable. Now they may as well not be there.

Post edited by awec on

I played a few games today to check out the commotion. Im in Div 5 (haven’t climbed back up since the relegation) but I have to said, I’ve not utterly hated it so far.

I did notice my CBs going for weird walkabouts. But I actually have found my three CAMs of Kewell, Messi and Kuyt feel massively improved. Messi feels like he’s gained a load of strength, cause he was winning balls high up the field he was being shrugged off before. Far from pace, im finding the game to be a bit slower and clunky, which sort of suits me so far. If they could fix CB AI, i feel it wouldn’t be too bad.

Again though, Div 5 could be a lower quality of player though.

• Advertisement

Prime pack 2 is out now, for those who claim them.

swaps batch 2 apparently out as well.

Advertisement