Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immersion temperature?

• 18-11-2022 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

How do you set the temperature on an immersion? Have a solar divertor installed and it surprisingly heats the water very well even on winter days but it gets a bit to hot. I've seen some references to taking off the immersion cap and there's a dial underneath to set the temp?

Here's what my immersion looks like

Cheers,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

There isn't a dial or even a thermostat under every cap but there is only one way to find out if there is one under yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

There'll be a stat like this under the cap you might need a small screwdriver to turn the dial in the centre. Obviously turn off the immersion switch before removing the cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks will have a look tomorrow in day light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Repeat - make sure you turn off all power to immersion before you open the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

How hot does it get? It should be 60°C or slightly higher to prevent legionella bacteria multiplying.

• Advertisement

Haven't measured but it's a little to hot.. I've set the stat for the gas at 65

Took a while to I get around to this but opened the top this morning and it has a temp adjust. Looked to be around 65 and I dialled it down to 60.

Thanks,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LBF21

Sorry to drag up old thread but am I right in saying this is only for the immersion hot water and the not the gas or oil boiler set to hot water? Notice my water is piping hot. Have Tado installed and not sure if there is a point of a separate cylinder thermostat.

yeah this is for the immersion - depends on your gas setup.. mine has a thermostat on the cylinder which tells the gas boiler when temp of water is reached.. ive set this to 60 degrees and the temp on the gas boiler to 60.. ive actually turned the down the immersion as low as it can go as the water was just to hot all of the time with the eddii.. i let the gas heat it up once a day to 60 to reduce any chance of legionella.. our water is used a lot and not a large cylinder so wouldnt have major concerns with it

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LBF21

Thanks appreciate that. I will post over on the TADO thread to see if anyone is using one with TADO

• Advertisement
Advertisement