Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

free range turkey and chicken is well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

I disagree, I think it is a bargain. The croquettes are delicious and the chicken is free range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Suppose you are against the vaccine too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

I've taken a punt on the James whelan bag today will report back later

Update beef burgers, a family lasagne and some rashers. Fairly happy with that all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If you order a meal, Is the food they give you hot? Maybe it depends on the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I would think that most of it is legitimately sourced and paid for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I got a Magic Bag for €4.99 from O'Hehirs Bakery, Tesco Arcade Sligo today. I'm quite happy with this spread for a fiver.

The two at the back are a tub of carrot and parsnip mash (€3.50) and a chicken and bacon roast dinner (€6.49). I ate that for dinner and it was quite nice, a chicken fillet wrapped in bacon with 2 scoops of mash, a mixture of veg on a bed of carrot mash and a generous helping of gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I've gone to the Fresh in Grand Canal a couple of times now for their deli bag. As a vegetarian they always seem to be totally perplexed when I ask for no meat. I always end up with something half decent but there's such a song and dance about catering for me I don't think I'll bother anymore. There's an entire salad bar there which I point out each time but the food has to be "expiring" which is fair but makes you wonder how long those salads stay there before they "expire"

Happy with Jamie Whelan today.

Steak stir fry, sandwich steak and a t bone for 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel like there hasn't been much enthusiasm for this in Galway, I mainly see applegreen and a kebab place. Not much city centre stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Well I've done O Hehirs twice. Was fine, 1) a tasty short dated ready meal and a tray of wings and a scone 2) same short dated meal again and a tray of wedges, a bun and a loaf. Won't bother again.

Did the Creamery and got a load of stuff. Will try them again. Want to do Rouge next, but seem to keep missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EW558

Anyone tried anywhere else in Galway? Tried Rouge and O'Hehir's Briarhill which were both great.

Rouge - 2× loaves of bread (different types), 2× almond croissant, massive apple pastry thing, raison pastry, pain au chocolat. €6

O'Hehir's - loaf of sliced bread, small veg quiche, chicken salad wrap, almond croissant, pain au chocolat, whole cherry loaf cake. €4

Did the creamery, was ok, but not as good a bargain, 5 sweet pastry things.

Tried Mocha Beans too which was awful - horrible weird croissant, 2× small orange cake thing, raspberry muffin. The muffin was nice, the rest not great and it certainly wasn't a bargain.

Has anyone tried Starbucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EW558

Which O'Hehir's did you go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ordered a natural bakery in parkgate st, turned up to collect and the business had closed a month ago. Rang them and the girl I spoke to insisted they were still open and hung up on me. I imagine they mixed up the donnybrook branch with this one but I wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Gave James Whelan's one a go today, 2x beef cheeks and a pack of potato croquettes for a fiver strikes me as pretty decent considering that each cheek was priced at over €5 originally. It works out at less than €7 per kg for them, possibly less than €6, depending on how you apportion the cost across all elements.

I'd happily give another bag a go in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Am dogsitting in Sutton so had a browse earlier to see if there was anything interesting nearby. Tartine in Baldoyle had bags available today so took a punt. Great haul. Two full sourdough baguettes, two loaves of sourdough, two massive croissants and a brioche roll for €4.99. Having friends over for steak sambos tomorrow so that'll use one of the baguettes, will give the other to my mam and will slice and freeze the loaves. I toasted the brioche with prosciutto and cheese for lunch and the dogs can have the croissants 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,589 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Check your prices it’s 16.99 not 19.99.

The drumsticks are free range

That butcher is owned by Dunnes store. So effectively their own brand

Going to O'Hehir's in Briarhill in a few minutes myself. Fingers crossed.

I've done Roots in Oranmore a few times too. Generally been decent, and definitely gotten my monies worth. But a few times I've thought after, that I'd rather have kept the fiver

Just ordered a bag from Bretzel Bakery for collection this afternoon, will be interesting to see what's in it.

• Advertisement

Great bag from Bretzel: a full baguette, sourdough loaf, sourdough ring, wheaten loaf, two poppyseed knots, a brioche roll and three pastries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

I used it for the first time tonight, the closest to me on it is an applegreen so I ordered the Grocery bag.

we got 2 pasta salads, luxury granola yoghurt, a packet of ham, a packet of chicken and 3 share bags of sweets.

Happy with that lot for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PeterPan92

Used it last week in Naas at a bakery. Got a croissant, another sugar coated breakfast pastry thing, a large cookie, and a granola square. It was ok for 4 euro, but don't think it would have amounted to the 12 euro original price they had stated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pear Tree cafe Galway, pastries, cinnamon rolls and croissants plus a scone. All needed a little microwave treatment to reclaim them, tasty though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

2kg for a tenner from Whelans at the Swan

Leg of lamb, meatballs, chicken cushions

All use by tomorrow, list price over €30

Happy camper here

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

Anyone gotten a bag from Oh Happy Treats? I ordered a bag and arrived about 1pm to an industrial kitchen they didn’t have anywhere for customers or did I go to the wrong place? The girls there were heading out the door on their lunch break and were surprised to see me there.

Would definitely get a bag there again but haven’t booked one since as there’s no collection instructions and not sure where to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

It's on their website, https://ohhappytreats.ie/pages/delivery-info "When you arrive to collect your treats, we ask that you call us on (085) 842 3617 and we will bring your treats to you!"

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭samo

Delighted with the James Whelan bag from Rathmines today for €9.99, free range chicken fillets, 2 packs of artisan sausages and 2 massive stuffed pork fillets, about 33e worth in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Got a bag in centra Bishopstown a few weeks back- rubbish tbh

deleted app a week later

Advertisement