Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Barbican York, 12th - 20th November BBC, Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ding just kept running out of position and Ronnie …. Well Ronnie misses a simple black and maybe Ding can clinch the frame after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Can I change my prediction? Too late ninja edit. Maybe it was a typo and I meant 6-2 Ding!

Ding is dangerous when he is given confidence, starting to flow now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That miss by O’Sullivan 😳 a kick ? Sure looked like it…then that fluke by Ding and O’Sullivans face 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

So much for my prediction

I can see this being one of those days where Ronnie throws in the towel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I am so sick of these Coldplay/DHL ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Neither started well but Ding has all the frames... that cueball jump of Ronnie's was nasty but I don't know if Ronnie can pull four back here... looks completely off today.

I'll hopefully be proved wrong.

he looked as if he was about to shout ‘ start the car ‘ halfway through that frame.

Sitting there with a face on him like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rarely seen O'Sullivan play worse than this. Well deserved win from Ding. I'd put Allen tournament favourite now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It’s lucky for Ronnie he doesn’t care about snooker or he’d be really upset.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

I think I can see what he did, he threw in the towel but there was a 'Ronnie logic' to it. Because he didn't want the 'pressure' of having to claw himself back into the game. With his logic he might as well lose quickly, if the winning line looks unlikely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Haha there was that in the latter stages alright. But it was messy early on.

When Ronnie looked like he was going to be likely to lose it reminded me a bit of when he walloped the shots v Selby in the WC.

Logic either lose or win quickly. I know he wasn’t walloping shots this time. But he got careless at a certain point, did not play with due care and attention.

Ford is motoring now at 5-3.

The engine stalled on Ford. One red away from the win. Didn’t drop. But instead now 5-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Heartbreaking for Ford!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

WD Tom !!

thoroughly deserved imo,, didn't see much of match, but was brave going for that red in 2nd (?) last frame - could've easily played safe there

onto 2night 😊

Spud & The Pistol for me

pure guess score predictions:

Mark Allen win 6-1

Shaun Murphy win 6-5

want to say "Hon Mark" , but be nice to see Craigie win all the same,,, don't know why i want Murphy to win, but somehow i do - hard to dislike him really 😃

So you have gone for the 'Irish' Double.

I am not sure I want to fall into the trap of making predictions again. But I think, looking at the possible final a good final would be - Ding v Allen/Murphy.

If it is a newcomer in the final who has not won much, or never before in the final. It could be very nervy for them. So it might not be as a good a contest.

yep, I think Allen the Irishman wins easy - cos he's very very good, and pressure could get to Sam..,.. think Allen's freerolling on account of getting his back to back NI Open in times recent,,, not exactly a hard call to make that

and i think Murphy is back to his best - altho on form, I think Lisowski; but 'form' don't mean a lot at this stage - books have both Lisowski and Murphy priced the same, as marginal odds on shots,,

don't mind who wins out the rest left - perhaps, in order of preferred winner, starting with most preferred, and working downwards

Allen - he's Irish

Tom - deserves a bitta joy

Craigie - has won nowt so far - seems nice guy

Spud

Jack

Ding

If Allen wasn't still in it, think it'd be either Tom or Sam would be us preferred victor

no outright match-betting for me tho tonight; well mebbe €2 double on me score predictions + 2 score prediction singles ☺️

One more prediction - Ken Dockerty 😂 will call the Lisowski/Murphy match as a 'coin-toss' , but, regardless, will stick his neck out, and go with 6-4/6-5 'oydir way' - bookies must really hate Ken 😁😁😁

It is all about grabbing the bull by the scruff of the neck - as Ken says. Like Murphy is trying to do in this first frame. I clapped when he potted the black for the respot.

Jackpot's carelessness nearly cost him - got away with it - that was nearly worse than the Willie Thorne's missed blue years ago.

• Advertisement

😁 grabbin' the bull,,,,, 😂

can't bring meself to watch BBC - not when Eurosport option available 🤣 Missed Ken's self-assured indubitable prediktseeowns 😂,, but not bovvered as he annoys me with his equivocational fence-sitting (think he 'works' with BV - betvictor - but don't bother me as i couldn't care what his 'actual' opinion may be 😫)

onto Murph's Black:

great pot tbs - don't know about anyone else, or mebbe it's only me, but, with the very poor camera angles/camera shots; when the black was ~3foot from yalla pocket, i thought: "black's not even gonna threaten bag - it's heading for the cush, about 6" south of yellow pocket" 😒

and Jack goes 2 nothing up,, early days mind

hon da Spud 🙂 !

swings and ryndeabites:

just backed Shaun in-running at the not very generous odds of ~9/2

hoping for a major "swing" heheheh 😂

Murphy let Jack off the hook twice in two frames there. Nothing he could about this this third one. Jack L - 3-0. And Hendry is getting a bigger snooker man crush on Jack, by the frame.

he's simply sensational is Jack - 'Different Gravy' as they say 😲

One more 'prediction' (if Spud wins ☺️)

Ken: "Woon of the grayhtist cuumbacks oi've ever see-ann; and not juust becoz of the deficiht, but the waay Jack was playin' - oi mean , phenomenal - it's increydibill the way Shaun come back and wun,, oon-beeleaveable"

😁

if Shaun looks like winning, me's puttin' on beeb 😋

Only two problems with that -

1) Jack L 5-0 up 4 centuries in a row

2) Ken is only in studio

come on Shaun pleeze - if only so we don't have to watch the LLS 😓

have some humanity man 😄

Only two problems with that -

1) Jack L 5-0 up 4 centuries in a row

2) Ken is only in studio

dat's the whole point gdg - Murph getting hammered, so would be serious comeback; plus Krafty will get his spake in anyroad - especially after t'match 😋

ya gotta love (or not) the overboard hype: ''best ever , greatest this/greatest that etc'',, 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I can’t stand Shaun Murphy.

• Advertisement

Do you like his waistcoat though? Hendry is not too keen on it.

Advertisement