Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Barbican York, 12th - 20th November BBC, Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well, whoever backed 6-1 Lisowski. 6-0 Ding is having a good Christmas. I doubt there was many.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm with you there. Absolutely everything about him I cannot stand. And what's worse, he's on commentary now, I'll have to move away from BBC coverage.

His entire manner when being interviewed is pure affectation. It’s all a performance with him, he’s the exact opposite of down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Hes an annoying fukkker Murphy

Criticizing ronnie like who cares

• Advertisement

Madness from Craigie to trust the table there, at 5-4 down, after such a good shot on the yellow to middle. Might be his last shot.

Bbc with their channel hopping would drive ya mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

getting interesting now - gis a decider !!

unlikely tho, with Allen's commanding lead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Couldn't tell you the last time I watched snooker on BBC, their coverage is shocking a lot of the time and I find their commentary and interviewing very wooden.

Eurosport is much better IMO.

Snooker Escape Success? Love to know how they’re calculating that percentage.

• Advertisement

one more 'bold prediction' from me

last one - i promise😃

If, if Mind, if young Sam wins comp (or this match at least ) then that 'pink' he got when still needing snookers, after potting last (or latest, rather - 2nd last on table) red, then that pink will make "someone's" top three in the sotc stakes 🤔

alright, i'll leave off now 😃

Gwan Sam 😕

😊

all academic now 🙂

unlucky Sam, ya was best player for long spells in that match,,, no cigar looking like :(

Strange prediction considering he’s literally moments away from losing the match.

yer right Wayne ☺️

but at time of posting he only needed the one snooker 🙂

needs three now :( very forlorn indeed his hopes

Craigie couldn’t lay a snooker to save his life.

Mark Allen’s off the field changes have done him good I think, looks very sharp and focused these days.

☺️ Jimmy's still up

WD the Irishman 🙂🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm picking him to win the whole thing now, his all round game is there plus his experience. Had his best season in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

There has been too many false dawns with Lisowski for me to back him, yes he played superbly today, the best I've ever seen him tbh...but Dale made an interesting comment today wondering how will he react when something doesn't go his way, or when things go wrong for him, there is a fragility to Lisowski and things have been going really well all week for him, how will he handle things when they go against him or when things get close? be interesting to see, he's blitzed everyone so far and he may well keep doing it but you'd imaging he'll eventually meet some resistance and when he does it'll be interesting to see how he reacts.

He’s working with Peter Ebdon lately though. Not much Ebdon can teach Lisowski about break building, I’d imagine they’re working on the mental side of his game. Be interesting to see the outcome of that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

He’s working with Ebdon, well the commentators should have mentioned that! /s

Next time they bring it up I’m turning off the telly. Every five effing minutes.

It’s going to be very interesting, if Lisowski can get over his final yips he’ll be unstoppable. Another good example of why having the right coaching and doing the right training matters.

they/them/theirs

You're like a dog with a bone with this coaching crack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Genghis

Odds on bet365 for overall winner. I can't see past Allen myself. He is in great form this season, seen it myself in NI Open. Really wants this title, and no better man to finish the job. I think his peak in this tournament is also yet to come, whereas the other 3 I feel may have had their peak yesterday and one or two may have trouble today. Ding Vs Allen for me on Sunday.

Ding 7/4

Allen 9/4

Lisowski 11/4

Ford 15/2

Must be because the pockets are easier and I run more.

they/them/theirs

I would leave to see Ding win. Be great to have him back in the top 16 and winning big again

they/them/theirs

I'd fancy Ding now he's got history here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Jack to win. I don't know how snooker unfolds really, it will be tough for him as the winning line approaches.

But I'd like to see Mark capitalise on his good form and win another big tournament.

It is widely considered that he has fewer big titles than he should have by now, given his promising start and finesse on the table.

Yeah and long pot success etc. I think a poster on here explained it was a certain distance.

Escape success sounds even more difficult to explain, is it just hitting the correct ball, or hitting the correct one and leaving no shot on?

I think someone doing those snooker stats has to really know the game of snooker to be consistent.

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember when he was a spotty faced young lad, with no English. And he was basically supporting his family in China financially with his snooker earnings. Some pressure!

Advertisement