Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Can’t make it at home so they go to the highest bidder,the. Return home when they done.and with all that u still can’t achieve anything in the world stage lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think someone is once again very angry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

For someone who writes off the value of November Tests, you really seem to be taking the defeat in this one badly…

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

I couldn’t give a f* ** about November tests especially a year out from a wc.so not bothered about a loss either and neither are the players.this happens every 4years on cue.let’s just wait and see what happens when it counts.can’t wait to read the excuses and the ref bashing when the time comes to come home back to Ireland early

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I couldn’t give a f* ** about November tests

Clearly. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Anyway back in the world of reasoning and rationality, today's games?

I think England might beat NZ and Ireland v Australia to be fairly tight. The rest of the games are a bit meh.

Scotland v Argentina could be a good game game.

I have to think the ABs are favourites but wouldn't put it past England to get the thumb out for this one.

Can't see anything other than a South African win, had they beaten us and France it might have been one to watch.

Georgia could give us all a laugh...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

USA fail to qualify for WC - fair play to Portugal who seam to be developing fast along wih Spain - having played in US always fealt they would become a serious threat sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I dont think many realizes how bad England actually are. Nobody is coming through to be getting excited about except marcus smith, and the only world class player they have is itoje, everyone else is meh.

Losing to argentina at home is mortifiying, their reliance on bulk is just keeping the size of the losses small but it will be shown up when SA come to town.

With retallick back, mounga starting and tackiahou as an impact sub NZ look a lot stronger.

I cant see england getting anything from this except for the way NZ have been leaking some soft scores in their games recently,

Can't decide who to cheer for in the Italy v South Africa game.

Italy probably the underdogs but South Africa are coached by an actual child so I feel they need all the support they can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Capuozzo is a phenomenal young talent.

Whilst I think Sheehan had the better 12 months, against better opponents, Capuozzo will win the breakthrough award for the trys he has scored.

South Africa set a perfect maul from a line out on the 5m and it doesn't move a single inch forward. Looked like Ireland had the SA lineout maul completely sussed, seems Italy may have done the same.

South Africa will pull away from Italy eventually. Their pack is just too strong. But I've not been impressed by them at all this tour. If they can't get over the gainline with a big carry they have very little else in their locker.

And like Venjur says above, their lineout maul is patchy at best so they're forced to play more phases. Which they're currently struggling to generate momentum from.

Their backline stands incredible lateral and there is very little attempt to disguise their strategy with loop plays or dummy runners or screen passes. It's all very basic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Can't understand how that was given, I thought you had to make an immediate attempt to place the ball?

Ehhh, I'd be really annoyed if that try was given against Ireland. I don't see how that's given.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

isnt it clearly playing the ball on the ground???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Maybe it's me or the angles, but a lot of the SA lineouts seem to be not straight at all and not being called as so

Italy giving a good account of themselves but they can't really deal with the SA pack.

YC coming for italian winger ???

Nope, late no arms hit and they dont look at it.

Looking forward to rassies video of it.

• Advertisement

That's the culture being built in the SA team, it needs to be stamped out. That kind of comment should be a straight yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Boks when a ref blows whistle for an infringement...

South Africa won a clean turnover just outside Italy's 22, a great opportunity to counterattack and score a try. Instead they went with one out runners for the next three phases and conceded a penalty at the ruck. They're playing with very little ambition and very little intelligence. Pretty sure there was a three on one overlap on the wing to be exploited.

Italy should be all up in LeRoux's face this entire half. Lad looks like a guaranteed card.

Did someone put pigeon feed on one part of the pitch...!?

Kolbe channelling his inner Mack Hanson. Italy got that all wrong - too easy.

That's better from South Africa. They're actually playing to what's in front of them, rather than looking for contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

To be fair, Sexton is renowned for badgering refs also, always has been

Oof...Italy switch off for a couple of minutes and absolutely punished. Plenty of forward-looking passes getting let go though.

• Advertisement

A captain being pushy with a ref is not the same as a player telling an official his reffing is one sided or biased. He should have seen a card, imo.

Advertisement