Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Fantasy World Cup

Options
  • 10-11-2022 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I see that Sky are running a competition which is almost identical rules wise to their Premier League competition.

Would there be any interest here in a pay mini league with a small entry fee?

They have a function as well to collect entry fees for mini leagues and pay out at the end in whatever split the entrants decide.

So anyone interested? If so, suggestions welcome re entry fee and prize payout structure.

we can do a free league of course as well to have a bit of interest.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Happy to play.

€20.

Just a suggestion, depending on entrants, up to 10, winner takes all, up to 20, 70/30, over 20, 65/25/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I’ve set up a free league for now as there will be a few interested in that.

PIN is 1795228

Just bumping the thread up a bit....3 teams in the free league and just one other interested in a pay league. I’ll keep an eye on this thread in case any more interest. Probably need 5 minimum to go ahead with a pay league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ll go for both the paid and free league.

i need a distraction from a poor start in the prem sky fantasy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just logged into Sky Fantasy. I don't play the PL one. Are the rules exact same for WC one? Can't find the rules on the website for the WC Fantasy...

*ignore, found em. WC rules throwing into main rules. I'll have a read.

• Advertisement

The rules are there, in with the rules of the FPL, sort of like an addendum.

Took me longer than I'd care to admit to find them.

Got them, thanks.

Whats the story with captain? I can change it throughout the gameweek? So pick one captain Monday, and change on Tuesday then if I want to a different player yet to play? Or is that wrong.

When you select your team, there is a captains tab, you can select a captain for each game day, assuming you have a player playing that day.

And the highest scoring player (of which I've selected) is my captain at the end of the game week then?

I set up a team for the FIFA WC Fantasy, and my head confused enough after that game.....

And also, do transfers carry if not used in a GW?

"For our World Cup competition you will receive 3 transfers per Gameround, giving you a total of 21 transfers to use during the tournament. "

• Advertisement

All your captains are your captains.

It reads as though they do carry over, but because there is an overhaul, I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

You cant carry over any transfers, Use them our lose them.

Thanks lads. I will enter a paid league if numbers. Just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'll do the paid league. Just entered a team there, the prices seem generous as I was able to pick any 3 forwards I wanted.

5 as below for a paid league, probably enough to run with I think. We might get a couple of more yet as well.

Hackers,

F1ngers,

Thunderdog,

schmee

Dearg 81

I assume we will go with setting this up so that Sky holds the money ? If so, I can set up the league and pm the code.

We will need to set up the league ASAP, i need to set the prize split when doing that. I guess I will go winner takes all as we are unlikely to double our list of entrants at this stage.

On the entry fee, I’m happy with 20 as suggested.

Sky pay league options are 10 or 20 and are pounds only....20 pounds ok for everyone? it’s just there is no 15 option !

£20 works for me.

Will payment work if you've self excluded sky betting account? Set up the league and I'll see if let me pay. But I'm good with 20 anyway if can get payment through.

Just realised they want you to upgrade to a sky bet account, have ladbrokes, not interested in another one.

Revolut, paypal or bank transfer for me.

That rules me out so paying via Sky.

Like yourself, I can pay via; Revolut, paypal of bank transfer. No issue with such.

• Advertisement

Let’s go with Revolut as 1st option, then PayPal, then bank transfer.

I will PM number for Revolut for those who have indicated an interest so far and will then send league code once received

@shmeee, seems I can’t PM you due to your profile status being private. Can you PM me and then I might be able to respond ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Right folks,Enner Valencia or whoever plays in goals for Equador is the c choice for tomorrow, edging to GK and then Pickford in v Iran as both have a strong chance of clean sheets.Any other ideas?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've Estupiñán in at the moment, from what I've read he's on set pieces for them. Attacking threat and their defence was fairly tight in the qualifiers. Will be leaving some money itb to upgrade him afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m also on Estupinan-originally had the Ecuador GK but my thinking is that if they get a clean sheet they should get similar points, with Estupinan the outside chance of getting additional passing bonus and/or an attacking return

I've him and MF Caicedo as of now. Not sure if will have both come tomorrow, have funds ITB to move em on when see England team then, more than likely onto Trippier.

Another note, the FIFA Fantasy game seems to be some feck up, the state of the rules. Seems insane the whole Wildcard you can use for MD2 and into making your MD3 team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah I was trying to get my head around the FIFA game earlier, don't think I can be bothered with it. I like the Sky game because it's straightforward and the rules are clear.

5 entrants for the pay league so far, €100 winner takes all then.

Entry fee is payable via Revolut / PayPal/ Bank transfer.

if anyone else wants to join post here and I’ll PM details for payment and league entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

pm sent 👍

Advertisement