Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i couldnt get an eir simm wthout them asking for iban and sorting .. went with a gomo for 14.99

can u get eh 10 eir sim without a eircom account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭shmeee

You can get a €10 eir sim in an Eir shop.

I have got plenty of them, just walked in, asked for a sim and only once did they actually ask me for my name was all - and that was no issue. Never any other details required.

*You are talking about buying an Eir sim online I take it.

The I just took down the Eir number, popped it into a phone, went into Eir shop with that phone so I could receive the verification porting text in-store. Not a question asked about anything else to do with the Eir sim BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Prepay basic SIM plan is €10 with no requirement for top-up

You don't want the SIM only plan option as that's only €10 if you're an eir customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭jj880

Just got DPD tracking ID on 3rd order.

On this order I typed the start of the address and chose it from the address list.

Also this time I used an old Three Ireland PAYG sim. The last 2 failed orders were using the same Three Billpay number.

When I went to the Vodafone shop on Monday a signature was needed to switch from Billpay. Maybe thats why I couldn't put that order through online.

thanks.. yep i see the 10 sim now . pulled the trigger yesterday on the note 11 pro hopefully the ear buds come in the same package. i had to wait 4 weeks for the buds/wristband with the note 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Are people having better luck in the Vodafone stores for just having to port the number over, but not have to buy credit also?

I done 4 purchases in stores over the last 6-10 months and I had to buy €20 credit on 3 out of 4 occasions.

The time I didn't, I genuinely think the staff member forgot about it as the transaction took maybe 2 minute, was pure rapid, he must have been in a hurry!

Other 3 times, they all followed a process and buying credit was included and they wouldn't even give it to me in a voucher so I could at least give it away. It was loaded onto the VF sim.

Other stores may differ, but all 4 phones were got in the same place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Earbuds are shrink wrapped to to phone. It does say as much in the T&Cs I think but was worried it'd be a voucher or offer to be redeemed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭seanin4711

exactly the transaction i had

forced to buy 20 euro top up,no option.

oh well

redmi note 10 5g for 119!

Post edited by seanin4711 on

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone know if the galaxy a23 is locked to Vodafone? It's €100 off if you switch but I don't want it locked to Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I bought the Samsung A23 in store last week and discovered that the free buds didn't come with the phone. It requires topping up account and using phone and then they send you a code to redeem on Vodafone store. What a pain!

The problem now is they have yet to port my number from EIR, so I have to wait to do the topup. I'll give them a few more days and might have to contact them again to get the port done.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭questionmark

Bought a air sim yesterday, tried to get a phone in shop still out of stock , ordered online and then today got cancelation email. Now I'm down 10e am waiting to get refunded for FOUR orders which were all cancelled:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭jj880

Heres what I just got from DPD:

Wrapped together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Are all orders being cancelled once you submit online or does it depend on if you availed of switch offer before. Been phoning my local store since Wednesday and whilst they've got delivery in every day there's been no Redmi note 11 pro in any of them. They only get one or two every day so first come first serve.

Going to go in today and get eir sim and try submit online order see if any joy. Guy in store told me this offer be live until end of month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It’s complete pot luck whether you get it or it cancels. There’s no logic to it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's just random. It's been like this for a few years now.

got mine hassle free online came with the buds. compared to the last time when i went to the store and the guy in there tired to tell me a load of bull to not let me get it.. valid 3rd level students only..and lst time i had to wait 3-4 weeks for the wristband/buds to arrive seperatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Which phone would be best for a 13 years old first phone? The redmi note 10 vs galaxy a13?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Redmi note 11 pro out of stock online now. Saying they hoping to get more back in stock but don't know bout that. Typical after I going getting eir and 3 sim cards this morning

Same I got two eir sims and am stuck with them. Tried to get a Redmi 11 and a Samsung online this morning, both just got cancelled again. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Pick up this phone in my local shop today after 'moving' from Eir. Nice first phone for one of my kids. How do I get the pods though, shop assistant wasn't much help.

I was told Samsung pods were a online only offer , and it looks like it ended online a few days ago

Per offer terms it say the following, unsure who or how to contact Vodafone though:

Eligible Customers must contact Vodafone within 60 days of purchasing the Eligible Device if they fail to receive the Gift with their purchase. Failure to do so will result in the customer forfeiting their right to the Gift.

It was the Redmi Note 11 phone btw

They should have been attached to the phone box if it was the redmi :/

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Banjo Carney

The redmi 11 is showing out of stock on the site now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Was thinking to order xiaomi note 11 pro, but it has bad camera, recording only 1080p 30fps videos, no 1080p 60fps and 4k.

Advertisement