Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

I find the aircon is terrible in recirc mode and windows end up starting to fog. Generally not a bother except when stuck in traffic and sucking in those ICE fumes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I never use recirc mode on any car!

I set it to auto and then just control it by temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Don’t use recirc either. But I find on my Model 3 I don’t use auto, preferring manual screen and feet at about 18 or 19 depending upon the day. Don’t need aircon when mainly solo, car doesn’t seem to fog up providing some heat on. I find aircon dries up my eyes and don’t like the way auto is in your face.

What do you do if your stuck in gridlock traffic directly behind a poorly maintained oil burner on a cold night/day....just keep sucking in that exhuast?

No thanks - hello recirc!

Being a cultie that’s rare for me. But easy to turn on/off recirc when required

• Advertisement

Yeah there’s no right or wrong. Just personal settings. Easy to throw on in 2 clicks if required though I suppose.

Good news for anyone ordering.

According to a recent report published by Teslarati, the US electric automaker has reduced delivery times in China to just one week in some specific cases. This could either mean that after the recent Giga Shanghai factory upgrades Tesla is cranking out cars so quickly it can now deliver them almost immediately, or the demand for its vehicles is waning in the country

Also reports of demand in US dropping - but could be related people holding off in hope of MY qualifying for $7500 federal tax breaks next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Next year the US will explode, I've posted before I can see Berlin suffering with battery modules/equipment being moved to the US to make $$$, as RHD we are better off relying on Shanghai

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

0 degrees this morning, car well fogged internally so used car defrost via the app, done in no time with 2.2% battery usage so used about 1.3kw in a few minutes. Effective for sure but bear in mind usage, having said that I will do this every time, ain't going scraping windows or shammy this inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

2022.40.X installed and another vote that the auto highbeam is faultless now. The lights in general are just so good with great spread and reach.

The blocky light pattern is still bit of a pain for the car driving ahead of you on twisty roads, I suspect, as the car blinds the poor person more than would be decent. They automation should really block off at least one segment on the driver's side lamp when turning left and a car is detected ahead now that the detection actually works. Hopefully that will be implemented sometime soon.

• Advertisement

Well **** it anyhow, the previous update allowed the car remember last audio source but now that's gone with 40😡

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Yeah auto high beam is much better now. Maybe even too sensitive when dropping to low beam but I will take that everyday over blinding most cars you encounter. Adaptive needs to be the next step in some update.

other than that they need to fix the wipers and add more music streaming services and I’d be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Anyone have any issues with autopilot before? Mine has been unavailable all day but it can see the cars in front as per normal and cameras are working fine too. Booked a ranger service and will give a wash later, but there’s no obvious obstructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Had tried that as first fix. Service replied that the doors are reporting as opened when closed due to a glitch in 2022.40.4.1 - v quick response tbf.

Fix was to open and close all doors, lock the car, now back up and running.

Brilliant!

Without turning this into a battle thread, but imagine this issue on a bmw or Audi or whatever other brand, you’d be told to book a service. Drop car off for the day etc

And I say that as a bmw owner before the German fanboys Lynch me 🤣

Have been abroad for last 11 days. Perhaps I am going a bit dopey, but only thing I miss about Ireland is my Model 3..🤣

Yes. Just checked on her, only lost 1% so far. Imagine that will go down a bit when the plane wheels touch the tarmac at DUB tomorrow for a bit of heating..🤣

The new energy app is showing about 0.2-0.3% "standby" usage a day, nothing really (with Sentry off of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I keep sentry on all the time unless the car is parked at home in which case I rely on CCTV and the car is safely parked inside my gates anyway. I am hearing of people turning sentry off the whole time. This seems like madness as you won't catch that @sshole in the carpark who damages your car with their trolley/handbag/key/car and you are left with zero come back. Sentry is a great feature and for a few cents worth of energy when the car is parked up, I think it is well worthwhile having it on. The playback feature needs improvement though.

Stay Free

Exactly the same here.

I don’t care how much it uses will out and about. It’s worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Anybody else having issues with the windows squeaking when dropping?

I have to lower my window twice per day (entering and exiting work).

I silicone spray the lower seal and it is fine - 2 weeks later - really loud squeaking again of the rubber against the window. Has anybody found this and if yes, any more permanent fix?

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

This is driving me mental too, all four of my windows squeak. Part of me thinks it is the shampoo/wax I use when I wash the car, and that maybe it's leaving a slight residue on the glass, but I'm not sure.

Sounds like the laminated glass is thicker and perhaps the contact points were not flexed enough to accommodate the extra thickness?

Re shampoo, ph neutral shampoo will alleviate that but I doubt it's that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I would say it's possibly not the shampoo you're using - I haven't washed my car in a while and still have ocassionally squeaky windows.

I have used the Gummipflege stick recommended earlier in the thread and it resolves it for a significant time.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Yep had this too and logged service request. Ranger sorted it on all 4.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The window squeak is the lubricant on the window frames has dried up and/or dissapated...

I find its more pronounced in colder weather as everything tightens up in the lower temperatures..

@Mike2006 have you tried putting some silicone on a cloth and rubbing it in around the upper parts of the rubber frame? as that's where I find the squeak comes from, not the lower part in the door itself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Lights are somewhat improved in new update. Wipers still crap. Neither are as good as my old 2006 e60 535d

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

How do you book a ranger appointment? I can only see the service centres.

Pick a Centre and if the job is deemed ok for a ranger Tesla will edit it.

If there’s space for notes you can also mention that you are ok waiting for a ranger if it suits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You don't book a Ranger appointment.

you book an SC appointment and based on what you submit, Tesla will determine if its a Ranger job and make the appointment for the ranger visit accordingly..

Advertisement