Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,142 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Start typing out all the war crimes and abuses varried out by Russia and give them a score out of 10.

When you are finished that next week sometime I think you will realise why you dont need to continue the list for Ukraine.

Everything that is happening in Ukraine is down to Russian interference in another sovereign country in an attempt to subvert it to Russian domination. Ukraine is attempting to free itself from corruption and Russian control to seek a future alignment with the EU and the west as a democratic country.

Not sure how you suggest they be separated. They are not two blokes outside a pub. Russia in breach of international law and multiple treaties has occupied Ukranian territory.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Here's a mad thought, Russia can separate itself from Ukraine by turning around and going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And funny how the bulk of the violations in that report were under Poroshenko, or in Donbas/Luhansk..what do those have in common..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭prunudo

The longer this goes on the more I get annoyed about people who try to paint Ukraine as the bad guys. Whatever about all these crimes that both sides are supposed to have carried out in the past.

Lets look at the current situation, we have a country with innocent civilians freezing and struggling due to an aggressive neighbour bombarding and destroying its energy infrastructure daily. So i don't really care about what Ukrainians are supposed to have done in the past. Lets deal with tha present and to that end there is only one country that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's just putinbot trollery; the poor English at the start of that most recent post shows where it originated imo.

Why refer to the US state department as just 'state.' And dropped the 'the.' No '?' at the end of a question.

Read it with a faux Russian accent, though, it sounds just fine.

Just some delusional copying from Telegram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

I'm from Dublin. I've never been to Russia. The report is 2021 before the war.

I mean this is demented. It doesn't matter why the war started? I'm lost in the bolloxolgy. Two corrupt countries fighting, ceasefire involves comprise etc. Ukraine appears to have done very poorly out of the war. I'm getting paranoid about my English now. O FFS, oiche mhaith.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,142 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The war started when Russia sent troops into Ukraine. They did that long before 2021. Read the Budapest agreement. Tell us why Ukraine should have any faith in Russian promises.

If Russia was willing to compromise they wouldnt have invaded Ukraine and tried to take Kyiv. They wouldnt have fought a war of atrocity against civilians in Ukraine which gurantees Ukranian people will despise them for generations.

Ukraine has done very poorly out of the war. Yes thats what happens when you are invaded in an unprovoked attack.

Need to make sure they dont do very poorly out of the peace and that it is a lasting peace which leaves Ukraine safe from future Russian aggression - not merely a truce. Not another Budapest.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Perhaps if you had lived in Russia for a while, you would have a more balanced opinion than the one you have at the moment, gleaned from newspapers, TV and the internet? For sure, it would be an eye-opener for you and a lot of other pro -Russian posters on here, and I don't mean the Russian Bots either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

If you read the accounts of D-Day and the months after, there were reports of the Allies summarily executing German prisoners (read up on the Chenogne massacre for example). Bad stuff happens in wartime, it's part and parcel of the territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

world peace it is then

Post edited by Hobgoblin11 on

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How do you propose we separate them and stop the fighting?

Given Russias online propaganda and general lies and disinformation I’m struggling to even believe your link is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I love the broken English using verbs in the wrong place for example. The idioms crack me up you can spot a person not from Ireland or the Uk a mile away. Been here over 20 years so can spot that.

Or did it back when the US backed what mearsheimer called a coup in 2014.

Still more inclined to support Ukraine but massively in favour of ceasefire. As I said, two corrupt countries at war with loads of people getting killed.

I think it is good to help the Ukrainian refugees but it does not seem to be the lord of the rings as some think. American interference, torture on both sides, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

There was no coup. You even mentioning that speaks volumes.

Never been to Russia, although I would've liked to have gone in the nineties. I was a big fan of dostoyesky back then. Born in Dublin, went to school etc. here. Still living in Dublin. Have steered clear of the snuff movies that are war crimes in themselves, so maybe that's why I'm not so radicalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

How do you want that ceasefire to come about. Russia goes home and pays for all the damage. Or Ukraine just accepts they have lost a lot of their country. One or the other is going to happen, how else will there be peace. What do you favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭threeball

What's corruption got to do with it. Corruption happens mainly at the highest levels of society and the little guy is just along for the ride. You have millions of ordinary Ukrainians with no involvement in corruption who have had their lives turned upside down, displaced, family and friends murdered, children raped or kidnapped and you're "inclined to support Ukraine". Only very sick individuals have any inclination to support Russia.

• Advertisement

Indeed it does. I am capable of reading and writing. Maybe you are capable of reading more than just telegram and watching snuff movies. You could try reading a peer reviewed article.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/24483306

Mearsheimer calls it a coup in a peer reviewed journal .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Corruption entwines everyone in a state like Russia. You'll be left destitute if you don't parttake or viewed as trouble maker if you try to be righteous. It's a way of life in most 3rd world countries but it's super changed in Russia

So if the Ukrainian President, Yanukovych agreed to an interim government and then absconded to Russia. And then said government held new elections...... was Yanukovych part of the coup? Because none of it could have happened without him. You could argue he set it in motion.

So where what did the west do in this alleged coup?

It's not my job to deradicalise you. The Ukraine were attacking the autonomous region for 8 days prior to the war. It was documented by the OSCE.

There seems to be very little reported on the start to the war when Ukraine had a huge military build up too. If I had to guess, I'd guess someone wanted Russia to invade.

What should happen is that all the people who committed war crimes should be punished, the innocent dead should come back to life, quantifiably perfect leaders should take over Russia an Ukraine.

In reality, Russia has taken a large piece of Ukraine. It seems very unlikely Ukraine will regain further significant territory in the next ten years. If fighting continues it's likely more will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

Landscape of war seems to have changed to missiles and cheap drone bombs. Tanks and any major base seem to be sitting target's. The arms industry will make a fortune developing new air defence systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

If Ukraine was as corrupt as the criminal fascist state known as the Russian Federation, why would the EU, the US and Canada, Australia etc be so anxious to help them?

And please don't come back with any "proxy war" hyperbole as your response. If the West or NATO wanted to square up once and for all to the Russian / Putin dictatorship militarily or politically, they could do so directly and wouldn't even need the excuse of a proxy war in Ukraine to do it.

The cheap drones have been shown to be highly effective. However that's vs an air defense mainly based on long range (expensive missiles) not to mention the Russian (soviet) tanks missing their ERA. Same for Anti-Tank, the same tanks missing their IR detectors so they don't know when a Javelin has a lock.

Drones will play a massive part in future warfare for sure. NATO relies on air superiority first, with cheap and effective drones that makes it less effective.

I posted the report on human rights abuses in Ukraine.

Us government backed rand corporation describes how to destabilise Russia

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR3063.html

Guardian story on Ukraine corruption after what mearsheimer in peer reviewed article called a coup.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/feb/04/welcome-to-the-most-corrupt-nation-in-europe-ukraine

I find it hard to believe everyone doesn't know this stuff. I have to admit at times I wonder if I've gone bonkers but it's all there for anyone to read. I can only think it's something to do with snuff movies that has radicalised people. The only European country cited as more corrupt than Ukraine in 2021 was Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

yes comrade we got it, russia may be bad but ukraine also bad so we should let russia kill and rape ukrainian children.

• Advertisement

Once again I have to question your links.

Russia is the leader in online disinformation and propaganda so forgive me for been suspicious….

Here’s a solution if you don’t want these alleged abuses to happen comrade.

Take your invasion army out of a sovereign country.

Until you don’t, tough luck…

Oh and tell your comrades in the Embassy in Dublin , Slava Ukraine …

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement