Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

I have to say Johnny May is a brilliant open field runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Shocking decision settling for the draw, man down, momentum, had the ball in hand, didn’t even try, crowd on their feet Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Unbelievable - incredible loser mentality to kick that out at home against 14 men. Would be absolutely raging if we did that in those circumstances. Possibly that shows the difference between us and England though. I'd be amazed if we kicked it out in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭swiwi_

magnificent last 10 from England their best all autumn. Then smith kicks it out. Au revoir to one of the most average AB seasons ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

New Zealand can't really complain either. Don't think they've played well this tour. So many unenforced errors and ill discipline.

Similar to England really. Couldn't catch a cold for 60 minutes and came to life near the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Crazy decision really, it feels worse in some ways then when we were getting hammered before the last ten (English here)! I had accepted we had been well beaten but to then get back and not even have a go, disappointing.

You would think both teams will be better this time next year but it’s a big jump to Fra, Ire and probably SA too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Every game today has been a bit mental.

Italy putting it up to South Africa for 50 minutes; 12 man Argentina scoring a try against Scotland; Georgia beating Wales in Cardiff; England being crap for 60 minutes but okinv a draw out of their hoop.

Hopefully Ireland's game is slightly calmer fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just making a list of the number of fixtures played by different teams this Autumn internationals. If I included a + number its because there was an extra non cap game. I may have missed some extra games.

Interesting to see 3 big Southern Hemisphere teams all playing 2 or 3 extra games out of the window (which they get income for).

Australia 5+3

New Zealand 4+2

South Africa 4+2

Ireland 3+1

Italy 3+1

Wales 4

England 4

Scotland 4

France 3

Japan 3

Argentina 3

Fiji 2+1

Samoa 3

Tonga 3

Post edited by CIARAN_BOYLE on

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

• Advertisement

Great to see sexton out, hopefully its nothing serious but it proves yet again that we cant field our best team against SA in the group game next year.

Hopefully crowley takes his chance, there is a starting 10 going abegging in Munster and there will be a green one in 12ish months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Pivac should be shown the door! Wales are a borderline tier 2 team now. We are fortunate to be facing them 1st in the 6N.

England should have won. They are braindead! Jones is getting very little out of them.

Italy are getting better! They are on the right track.

SA will be fairly happy. 2 close losses to the world's #'s 1 and 2, despite not having Pollard.

Oz are a physical side. Discipline is poor. They could make a charge next year.

Delighted for Georgia!

Pumas are completely indiscipled and easy to antagonize. Cheika will be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

I love how everyone is jumping at the chance to take the piss out of Wales, when they've still had a better last 4 years than us. They've won two championships and a been to a world cup semi final (and will probably deliver when it matters and go further than us in France next year).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I love how you can ignore the obvious just to take a contrarian view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

It's not contrarian, it's factual.

1 GS, a 6N Championship and a RWC semi final > 0 trophies and out in the quarter finals.

But sure let's act all superior because they lost a meaningless November test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

I wonder will those critical of Ireland this autumn be doing the same for France who had an identical fixture list and got identical results across the 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Wales have been really off. There's little depth. The grand slam was lucky as they beat us when we were down to 14 for most of the match. Scotland were also down a lad during their match. Fair plaY to Wales though, they got it done.

I just can't see them being contenders. PIvac has not done well with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the response to social media opinions is death threats then the problem is social media.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wales didn't win the slam that year (2021). They won it in 2019.

But the fact they keep performing better than Ireland despite their obvious management problems and small player base is really to their credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They have finished 5th 3 times in the last 5 years. How exactly are they performing better than us? They have zero consistency. They can perform well at times but have absolutely not performed better than us.

Wales last proper six nations win was 2019. 2021 was an anomaly in my opinion, they rode to victory on a wave of red cards.

Wales were never going to implode over night, but the decline is becoming really noticeable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

Wales winning that 6N was probably the worst thing that could have happened to them as all it was was massive paper to put over the cracks and ensured there was probably no chance of the changes they needed made happening before the 2023 RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yes, because when something happens it’s only ever the fault of one thing or person. It’s never any more complicated or nuanced than that. Yep. Anyway, I’m done. This is just farce at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For sure, it's a farce when the truth is put right in your face. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

You clearly don't watch any Top14 to be spouting this out-dated nonsense.

Like something off Walesonline where they can't bear the thought that anyone else in the NH would dare to have a proper 10.

Russell is clearly the best 10 in the NH (if not the world) at the moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Two 6n wins since we last won one, more than any other team. History doesn't care about second place or nearly winning. If it did, their narrow defeat in the WC semi would be worth a mention.

We have this misplaced superiority complex when it comes to Wales but they beat us in Cardiff every time and their historical record blows ours out of the water.

They won't win the WC but I'd bet up to four pounds they'll go further than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I'd bet up to four pounds they'll go further than us.

They have a much easier draw so that's a pretty safe bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Is that going to be ur go to excuse when u get knocked out the WC early.u have to beat what’s in front of u.

Advertisement