Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Twenty plus fixtures in the championship , league one and league two… and ohhh it was my mistake, the match was on sky one too. So four channels. 😵‍💫

They simply should be investing in or diversifying into other sports if they are in a position of showing the same match on three channels …. Athletics, hockey, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is a TV blackout for 3pm games in the football league.

Truth but there probably shouldn’t be plus the point about other sports stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My specs are constantly murky. I spend half my life cleaning the damn things and still I’m squinting through them. I wish I could wear contacts

A teenage lad on live social media being helped by two physiotherapists. He had some brain / nerve issue that effected his balance….and was being given assistance to retrain himself how to stand, walk and balance independently…great work by all three but some of the comments on the live from hard of thinking gimps…just two examples….

”dats disgraceful, dats too much for him, let him rest”

”the fella is clearly in pain, wha I yiz doin to him, stop !?” I’m probably being nice re: their spelling and grammar…

given the apparent lack of education on behalf of these [Mod: <<snip>>] hun contributors in the fields of physiotherapy, exercise physiology, medicine and, well in general……….the message should be to them…”kindly shut your traps and if you’ve nothing apparently interesting, constructive or encouraging to contribute… how about just say zilch…and leave the qualified people to be getting on with their work and success.”

felt bad for the guy if he ended up going online to watch back his video and had to see the absolute miserable bastàrds and their opinions…. Lots of people voicing encouragement and positivity as there was heaps to be positive about but…. the pair of vermin hmmm.

Post edited by New Home on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who post "this is a no chat thread" in a no chat thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

The self absorbed people that loaf about the place completely unaware of their surroundings, blocking doorways, exits, thoroughfares, escalators, aisles etc etc as if they’re the only people on Earth

Shopping centres and airports sometimes have me wishing for the sun to explode and wipe out humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Currently getting the daggers and cold shoulder from the dog for having the temerity of washing her earlier.

It wasn't me rolling around in cow shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I can't find the remote control for the telly in the bedroom. I had it first thing yesterday morning but haven't seen it since, despite an intensive search. I bet it's no further than a metre from the bed but I still can't find it. The only place I haven't checked is inside the duvet so I'll have to try there when I go upstairs later.

Between the headboard and the mattress is where I find mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or inside the pillowcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would the comic material of the likes of the killinskcully and 2 Jonnys work without the stupid accents ??

No doubt not the worst exposures of the 'funny accent' stuff but it is a kick in the bollocks of us irish and fueling the stereotypes. Suppose it can be the for a lot of places but not something the Yanks come over here expecting every second

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people put photos on social media of them all glammed up and the toilet is in the background!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Walking into Aldi tonight, a woman who had obviously been waiting for the doors to open bursted back out with a very insincere 'sorry' as she nearly mowed me down.

FFS, at least leave room for the person walking in, if you're coming OUT the entrance door. 🙄. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Adults who won't set boundaries for themselves and then spend their lives whinging about being taken advantage of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was at the coffee machine in the local garage when a howya nearly had the ankles off me with her buggy. Little Anto was in a hurry for his breakfast roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I installed a new floodlight for the back garden yesterday afternoon although my brain got crosswired halfway through and I stupidly installed the electric junction box upside down to the chagrin of my OH. When I realized what I done I had to unwire it again, drill 2 new holes and install it in the correct position. It took a while but I got there in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People putting side-plates in the wider bowl section of the dishwasher, when there are free slots for it, in the plate section. So when you want to put your bowl in, you have to take out their plate and relocate it, as your bowl is too wide to fit in any of the other sections.

Also people who do not use the cutlery division section, for example all the forks go together in one slot, knifes in another slot, spoons in the next etc. Makes unloading it a pain, as you have to sort all the cutlery before you put it in the drawer, rather than just taking the whole bundle and chucking it in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

No, still no luck. Another trivially annoying thing about it is that I can adjust the volume when I'm casting from a device, but the volume increments aren't as precise as the proper remote control, meaning that it's slightly too loud or slightly too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Football associations backing down on wearing the ‘One Love’ armbands at the World Cup.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Probably trying to avoid a public flogging.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In pockets, sleeves etc of pyjamas perhaps in laundry basket, also any surface in nearest bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Vague language used to describe in this case a book,

Me, does this text have comprehensive broken down information or would I have to read other books/video's to get all the information I would need for the exam?

Them, its a comprehensive reference book.

*Which when coupled with the comprehensive video makes me thing its not(but why not just say its a companion to the video then?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You could understand that. No, just avoiding a yellow card. Rules change fast over in Qatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Getting my burger and chips and salad in a round bowl ! Seriously just give me a plate that I can cut my food on and eat it in peace

We’ve had water issues here the last 3 hours…nothing more then a light trickle from the tap. You’d be five mins filling a kettle.

several people contacted Irish water who told them… “no planned outages”, nor were they aware of any disruption to services….

hours later, water not back, Irish water have nothing on their website to acknowledge any outages here, nor are there planned works..

so what gives ? Demand perhaps and Irish Water just can’t cope ? Seems like it if they say there are no outages but there is feck all water !

Thanks, No but I saw that… I’m 25-30 kilometers away..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That Tidy Towns Committeeeee 'trend' of locking knackered old bikes to posts and hanging plants off them. It looks sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I fell over back ways and pulled something at the back of my knee. It f.cking painful. And its my ‘good’ leg 😡😡😡

And ive mislaid my glasses while doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement