Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW Christmas: Naughty or Nice GAME Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I switched to desktop and went to check the post count of players so far. Can you not do that anymore?

I think it’s only Hello2D left to post

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Neowise

Harry from home alone is Harry lime. I think hans gruber is best guess I’ve seen. I’ve just been Wikipedia’ing h.g. Wells , things to come, a dystopian future film that starts on xmas day. Die hard is way more likely.

Could be a lost wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'd agree re hans gruber. he deceives bruce for a good chuck on of it, so something to bear in mind

I think Barney is spot on with Hans Gruber. That ties in with the "almost all if the other players are NRV".

So is Hans a solo or can/does he join the wolves later?

Is his task to get the 3 gifts to the grinch, then he joins the wolves? Or it is linked to Marv killing Kevin? Is Hans in cahoots with Marv somehow?

• Advertisement

Either HG is a ghost and the grinch will receive all their presents or HG is a player and if they die, they can’t give the grinch gifts.

But the OP says “The Grinch has been granted 3 powers by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future.”

So I’m leaning to HG being a ghost and there may be a gift from some other ghost tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This was what I thought when I read it. I wonder is Hans a lone team? Wouldn't fit in with him giving presents though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sure in the knowledge the villagers were sound sleeping the Grinch planned his attack. The Grinch came upon the McCallister House, there he saw a party underway with Brenda Lee's "Rocking around the Christmas tree" blaring out. Startled the Grinch fled back to his cave.

This definitely reads like the wolves know who Kevin is or where to find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Morning all. Excellent on no munch.

Like the idea of HG being Hans Gruber - could be another wolf, could be a serial killer role, could be flavour?

@StrawbsM basically impossible to easily ISO here, or check post counts, which I think will make it easier for the wolves to hide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

That makes sense as Hans does die in the film.. The only thing that's throwing me is the 'almost all other villagers are NRV' from the OP. It would tie into the thought that there is someone who isn't on the wolf team who is either assisting them or could be turned?

The only thing that makes sense right now is that Marv is rewarded for finding Kevin.

That could be flavour, there wasn't munch so the wolves wouldn't have nominated someone for it.

The HG thing is bigger here I think. There seems to be another baddie who isn't a wolf, but might become one later in the game. Something to bear in mind if we think we're down to 1 wolf left in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It has to be Hans Gruber!

Nefarious plots is their whole reason for being.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ Cup

Is HG a ghost. Like Holy Ghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ Cup

Was being legit helpful with my post about online status btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If try Grinch gets his power tomorrow I wonder will it be from HG again or someone else. If HG then I reckon it’s a role, someone else I reckon it’s flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hey folks, Not many pages to catch up on thankfully!

But the last line of LoughC’s post has thrown me again…

”The Grinch was given the gift of a peek by an unknown ally.”

which contradicts the OP with the roles…

”The Grinch has been granted 3 powers by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future. One for each night… if he survives that long.”

Are the ghosts using Hans Gruber Parcel Delivery Service? What happens if HG is a player and killed, do they stop delivering? I don’t get stuck on this train of thought for the day though as there’s a lynch to concentrate on

• Advertisement

OP says Ghosts as in multiple ghosts so I would say it'll be a different one, even if it is a different ghost I'd be wary. This game def makes ya paranoid!

So from the OP, in thread tasks are in play in this game, noticed a couple of potential posts that were tasky but not alignment indicative either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hans Gruber is a great shout, even if the name does give me horrific flashbacks.

Announcement does read to me like wolves found Kevin either through a task or maybe its a 3 guesses to find him kinda thing. If it was the latter it wouldnt be the Grinch looking though? Maybe just flavour but thinking tasks. Didn't realise how annoying it is to ISO though which will make everything more difficult.

Time to break out the spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So we would expect a new name tomorrow, wonder will they also be referred to as an ally.

I don't see why they wouldn't if today's was an ally

So where do we start on some sort of plan for today? Liz has identified the entire wolf team but other than that we probably need to get cracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm going to be looking back and seeing if I can spot tasks. It's early enough on that it shouldn't be too painful.

I'm assuming votes will be published and auto priest but that 'almost' is throwing me. I'll be going with stating my top 3 suspects & reasons and voting within that. Hopefully others will to if only to generate discussion.

Long shot on the HG thing, someone won a prize and gave it to the Grinch and knows who they are.

Most logical rationale is its one of the ghosts  

"The Grinch – The Alpha of the pack, the grinch is so desperate to ruin Christmas for the village he wants all the Children to be on the Naughty list. The Grinch has been granted 3 powers by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future. One for each night… if he survives that long."

I would be very surprised if its not the first night of him getting a power. Everything else seems to be potential flavour. It will resolve itself somewhat tomorrow

Just a suggestion-

why don’t we all take the person below us in the Opening Post list to ISO? The bottom person would have to take the top person. I know Hello2D hasn’t posted yet so whomever has them or should be read by them will be missing but we could all do that as an extra.

Could give us some insight into the player being read/doing the reading later in the game. It would also not allow the naughty side to pick and choose who to ISO later into the game.

As I said, it’s just a suggestion. Don’t lynch me for having an idea 😂

• Advertisement

So in that scenario someone on team village knows who the alpha is and won't or can't say? Possible I suppose but I would put that in the 'unlikely' category. Or are they not on team village?

If grinch survives I'm almost certain they will get another power tomorrow. It's just the method of them getting it that I don't know. I agree tomorrow we should know more but always good to think these things through

Advertisement