Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

BTW it was the Russians who caused all the unrest in the first place

Don't you get it? - they WANTED a "problem"' to PRETEND to "solve"

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

I've been very impressed with the team at the grayzone and their journalism but maybe I'm missing something and should focus more on the sites that state Russia bombed Poland because Zelensky said so?

Actually sick of the aggressive and rude tone here. It doesn't seem to be a discussion forum more an echo chamber. I'm not on telegram and am not posting death videos. I've posted links to peer reviewed articles, the US state department and the guardian and there's someone saying not to look at them because I'm Russian or some such shite.

"The Russian's said they cannot leave because they are protecting the autonomous donbas region. They now have taken that region and will not give it back. Ukraine will not accept that reality and the war continues."

Give a look at what flag flies over "forever Russia" Kherson...

Russia is in dire straits, and I can't see it getting stronger. They might get drones, but if they attack Ukraine with much more drones I think Ukraine will be allowed to attack Russia's infrastructure. Russia will, in their usual disregard of irony, say that's an outrage... but, fukk 'em.

Sad you think humans being slaughtered is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I'm afraid you've now put yourself in a situation where I'm asking you to further elaborate on my use of the term "hilarious".

It's sad that you have misrepresented me.

• Advertisement

Something might be lost in translation... Nobody saying the barbarous Russian Neanderthals are hilarious - it's those that hold such views as yourself are hilarious.

You got me bud, I'm a bleedin native Slav speaker. How did ya bleedin guess? Ya most be a feckin genius. Respect bud!

There were problems in autonomous Ukraine with similar actions by Ukranian soldiers. The tornado battalion being the most well known but the US state department recorded issues too.

The IRA and the uvf both committed horrible crimes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The Gray zone?? 🤣 Read more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grayzone There's lots out there about that outlet and its views and biases.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

There has always been a vocal opposition to foreign military adventures within the United States. If you recall the protests against the Iraq war during the Bush and Obama administrations. She is an outlier today, remember it was the conservatives who elected Richard Nixon that put an end to the Vietnam war. The Korean & Vietnam wars diverted a lot of resources during the 1950s to 1960s, that fed into domestic issues and the oil and stagflation crisis that followed in the 1970s.

At this time there are no official US boots on the ground in Ukraine, however, there are domestic issues in the United States that must eventually come to the fore such as the the cost of housing illegal immigrants, the state level Democrats are getting sore about this in Chicago, New York and Washington DC, when combined with stagflation and spiraling debt affecting living standards of less well off Americans. American domestic politics is not yet a significant factor in this war, those circumstances will change and sovereign debt collapse is probably going to be the trigger that coalesces all the grievances under one platform. Essentially the war needs to wrap up next year, both the US (November 2024) and Russian presidential election dates (March 2024) are upcoming, will people vote for status quo or change? Voting for a party that is unable to bring the wars to a close increases the chances that more countries get directly involved in active combat.

That sovereign debt crisis is probably going to start in the EU zone, considering the biggest economy, Germany is heavily impacted by their own sanctions and has climate change zealots in charge trying to replace fossil fuels with no viable alternatives. Interest rates are going up much more rapidly than anyone forecast.

Irish people and the companies that operate here are not in a good position with a Europe in a stagflationary recession, servicing the debt becomes a significant burden and we may be one of the countries to default on debt.

Ireland External Debt: % of GDP

• Ireland External Debt accounted for 681.1 % of the country's Nominal GDP in 2021, compared with the ratio of 704.0 % in the previous year.
    • Ireland External Debt: % of Nominal GDP data is updated yearly, available from Dec 2002 to Dec 2021.
    • The data reached an all-time high of 1,091.5 % in Dec 2010 and a record low of 399.2 % in Dec 2002.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement

You could be right. Russia is in dire straits from a demographic perspective but so too is Ukraine. I don't see Russia falling apart in the next ten years.

A ten year war would likely be devastating for Ukraine and might sufficiently destabilise Russia too as per rand corporation so that it could be split into smaller States. I just think the huge loss of human life is insane when we should be working together on global challenges such as food, poverty, energy and environment. How many people should die and what would it achieve?

I mean, accusing someone of being from a different country does not negate their points. I've never had a rouble in my life etc. I am in no way excusing war crimes rather trying to put some context around the war. It's just silly being here....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Russians create "notary offices" in order to "legalise" looting

Ukrainska Pravda — Monday, 21 November 2022, 13:54

"The occupiers have completed the formation of "notarial districts" in the temporarily occupied territories. The districts were formed "in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation", and the process of registering "notary offices" has already begun.This is how the Russians are trying to legalise the registration and re-registration of property. That is, in fact, looting and robbery of other people's property."

One cognac distillery; check, one warehouse containig domestic white goods; check, 245,000 children of various sexes and ages; check...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

I've read that post twice grumpyperson, but cannot see anything about slaughtering people being hilarious.....can you point it out?

I think you're missing a few things. Living under the conditions incl. various humiliations would be worse than dead for a lot of people. And I don't say that flippantly.

Then there's the false belief that a ceasefire would lead to less dead. I can see how some see that, but it would only be used for Russia to regroup and come back harder at Ukraine (this has already been mentioned on Czar TV).

So, to preserve life it's best for Ukraine to keep driving back the Russians (this was also reluctantly admitted on Czar TV).

Luckily there is a notary office that can wash all that.

The Horde are like something out of a time machine. Sack, pillage rape, burn...

Or better still, Grumpy go and live in Russia, just show them your posts in boards, and they'll let you straight in. But be warned, the real Russia is very far from the imaginary Russia you have in your mind, and continuously defend while talking negatively about Ukraine and the west. Give it a month or two (or sooner Comrade), and you might be damn glad to return to the capitalist west.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I saw that clip from the Russian talk show last night. They were saying that Ukraine is a Nazi state and needs to be completely destroyed and 'demilitarised', no matter how long it takes (as in their view, it forms an existential threat to the Russian dictatorship).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah they are there protecting the region. They want its resources. It is patently clear they are not there to protect the people of the region - they have murdered them, destroyed their homes in indiscriminate attacks, conscripted them as cannon fodder to be sent to their deaths. In numbers which dwarf in orders of magnitude the deaths in 8 years of conflict prior to that.

I don't think the people of Donbas can take much more of Russian protection, do you?

Russia said they wouldn't give back Kherson either... didn't they officially 'annex' it in a sham vote?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

You are copy pasting from someone who is. That is very clear.

Additionally, I am not your "bud", "friend" or "mate".

Lastly, zero respect in return, as you are posting repeatedly refuted lazy old propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I was reading a Twitter thread yesterday where a Ukrainian girl spoke about life in Russian occupied Donbas for the last eight years. You can pretty much guess what life is like there - the Russians imported their own citizens and famed "values" to the region i.e. like something out of the Third World but with added authoritarianism and repression.

LONDON, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Aircraft leasing firms are suing dozens of insurers for around $6.5 billion in a string of lawsuits over the loss of hundreds of aircraft stuck in Russia since Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.

More than 400 leased planes worth around $10 billion are unable to leave Russia after European Union sanctions forced the termination of their leases.

Lessors argue the aircraft are covered by policies against war or theft, but insurers point out the planes are undamaged and might yet be returned.

Russia the cleptocracy; All your planes are belong to us. I hope the insurers lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Nah, we have you. You're just another persona of the anti anything American/ anti NATO blah blah. That the enemy of my enemy is my friend and it doesn't matter if these friends are from from a disgusting rogue, terrorist state. I think we've heard you many times already on this thread since Feb.

You should address your concerns to Putin grumpyperson, because he is the root cause of most if not all of them. We did not have such problems until Putin invaded Ukraine, neither the deaths nor the extent of the World Famine.

Apparently you are not permitted to tell people they are a re-reg. I got a mod warning for doing so, even though the person admitted in the next post they were a re-reg. Interestingly enough I was also told that re-regging is not forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

The thing is, Russia IS our enemy. The sooner everyone realizes it the better - EU, and that includes us, is in a de facto economic war with Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

At least 1 person killed, several more wounded as result of Russian shelling in Kherson

Dundalk, Co. Louth

I like the photos.

I missed the fact that you referred to the Greyzone. That is simply irrefutable proof that you are a gullible fool.

They have consistently been proven to be liars, to quote them shows you are either highly susceptible to lies or are yourself a liar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Oil depot caught fire in Makiivka overnight

Dundalk, Co. Louth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement