Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland running out of accommodation for Ukrainian refugees due to surge in non-Ukrainian refugees?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's ok. Ignore what you want. Or head over to the legal forum and ask them to explain what popular innuendo and legal innuendo are in the context of defamation.

As I said, it doesn't concern me what you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭jimmybobbyschweiz

You are extremely naive to think that laws, especially at EU level, once enacted are entirely legitimate. But with this naivety I cannot help you. As stated, the issue I have is with the appropriateness of this decades old directive, never before implemented as well as the manner in which the current "open borders and open cheque books" decisions were taken without full transparency.

The bigger issues for Ireland are; what is the plan beyond March next year, where is the money coming from, where is it going, will it actually need to be repaid and will the State belt need to be tightened as a result of this spending as there are much bigger problems at home than what is happening in Ukraine.

Again, unspecific and talking crap as a result. Make your claim directly or stop posting utter crap.

I think you don't understand the basics how legislation works.

"I think it's not fair" has no legal basis

Strawman.

You are digging and digging but drifting further down into your little hole, away from the topic and points being made.

• Advertisement

You can also google it if you want. I don't expect you to understand it even though it is written for the lay person, but this article gives some outlines of the two types mentioned above. It just refers to "Innuendo I" and "Innuendo II"

As I said, I don't care. It's between you and boards.ie and any person who might decide you are defaming them if they wanted to take a case. It's always a good idea to remember you probably aren't as anonymous as you think on the internet.

Again, what exactly is it you think is an issue? You're afraid to say it as you are spoofing.

I'll make it easier for you and summarise the posts;

The belief in this thread is that certain entities and/or individuals are profiting from the Ukranian crisis by securing lucrative contracts from the State for housing Ukranians; and that potentially there are political and business relationships being leveraged to secure those contracts, rather than the State implementing a totally bona fides process to award the contracts. There are no actual politicians linked to any contracts in connection with the East Wall property as of yet so no claims are being made there. However, quite clearly there are some individuals with definite, previous commercial links to State entities that are involved in an entity which secured the East Wall contract; this is a fact. Were these relationships important in securing the contracts? I don't know, none of us do, but we'd like to see these links probed by those with the resources and platform to do so.

You have no point other than some "Freeman of the Law" kind of crap that something which has been voluntarily signed up to (most directives are mandatory) is of "dubious" nature.

Our Constitution explicitly grants supremacy to EU laws so you don't even have that.

I don't care. I have no connection with any of those people, any politicians, or boards.ie (other than having an account)

Strawman again. I'd recommend you let this go as you are going no where with it.

• Advertisement

To explain this post; you accept you are talking crap.

Ignorance is bliss.

I told you something you didn't know. I sent you a link which explains it in simple terms. Apparently not simple enough. Were you unable to read it? Perhaps there is someone there with you who can read it and try to explain it to you

Legal forum link is below if ya wanna go over there to ask them and then you can come back and prove how wrong I am in saying that you can be found to have defamed someone even though you don't explicitly say X or Y. Surely that would be an easy thing for you to do? You seem to have taken a personal grudge against me and have been responding to my posts with uneducated scutter, so below is an easy way for you to get a definitive "win". Surely ya'd want that, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You are extremely naive to think that laws, especially at EU level, once enacted are entirely legitimate

Can anyone explain to me what this garbled mess of a sentence is even intended to mean?

It's freeman-of-the-law-esque stuff about taking one's oath and wearing one's hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭timmyntc

As I said, it doesn't concern me what you post

Then why did you reply to his posts if they dont concern you? 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

MM is asked about non Ukrainian refugees in East Wall and blames it all on Putin and Russia ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yeah it’s Putins fault Algerians, Georgians are coming here even though there is no wars in those countries.

What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Has Mary Lou commented yet our shown up to tonights protest ?

It is her constituency

It's really not. I understand however that this makes it easier for you than accepting there may be some illegitimacy in the TPD utilisation in respect of the current Ukrainian crisis. There is a necessary truth for you in the crisis being a legitimate crisis to invoke any measure necessary and any hint that the crisis may not in fact be justifying of the proportion of response it is getting from Ireland and the broader EU is impossible to accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

You have to laugh at the Asylum seekers get thrown under the bus once for exacerbating the Ukrainian situation. Now Second time Under the Bus Because of the War in Ukraine. 😹

Edit. Not trying to be crass pointing out the stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jhansynk10

If you ever thought Irish politics was anymore than a racket, then here you go. They'll do exactly what Europe tell them as long as there's jobs at the end of the gravy train.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Denmark has very strict controls on extra EU immigration, asylum seekers and refugees. They're in the EU. Oh they catch static from time to time about it, but it's still in play. They had enough essentially and said no more. Poland is even more nope, feck off. Ireland has some of the most lax checks and one of the lowest repatriation rates in the EU and by far the highest benefits paid out. The EU is not to blame, any blame is almost entirely at the feet of our politicians. Same goes for housing and health.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I told him a basic fact. He comes out with some freeman-of-the-law crap.

I presume it must concern you greatly, given that you are responding to my posts. 🤣🤣 🤣

Feel free to post a link outlining why I am incorrect. I've given the explanation and a link where you can read it for yourself. Or you can just join in with the fingers in the ears "nah nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you" childish type of response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Her twitter page is curious. Follows all the main Fine Gael party leaders. Coveney, Varadkar, Harris & McEntee. Is from the same constituency that Harris (the failed journalism student) represents. Is liking & retweeting Harris's rubbish videos on twitter.

Such a coincidence, nothing to see here I guess.

Whatever dude. Tell us again why it is legally dubious? Did ya read it on Facebuke? Do you have "a feeling" about it? Do you suspect some of the members of the Commission weren't wearing the correct colour cap when they took their "oaths"?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you think FF/FG are "lax" on this migration issue, SF will be much worse. Well until it stops suiting them politically. That's a major problem with Irish politics. Other than tiny loony parties who are a waste of space, the only main parties that anyone sane would vote for are all singing from the same hymn sheet with slight differences in tempo. There is no real alternative, no party asking questions, never mind answering them. The problem is a vacuum like that will sooner or later attract a more "right wing" party minus the extreme idiocy of a shower like the National Party.

Oh they wouldnt get support! Well, we or at least many of us celebrated the SSM and Repeal results while missing the fact that a third of voters voted nay to both. The 04 Jus Soli vote, the only time we got any say in extra EU migration issues returned an 80% nope to that loophole and nope to more people claiming residency just because they had a kid here. No way would our government look for a vote over our current immigration policies, because they know hang well the result might be "problematic". And they also know and rely upon the fact that whoever gets in next time, it doesn't really matter, they just have to wait in opposition enlarging their wallets fo another four years or whatever and they'll be back in again. Rinse and repeat. Same goes for housing, health and all the rest. After the Celtic Tiger roared, squeeked and died FF should have been in the wilderness for many years and yet... The Greens have been a waste of space continually and yet... If my grandparents were still alive and I told them FF and FG would be in government together they'd drop dead again of the shock.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Nail on the head. Blaming the EU is a distraction. The fault for the recent hockey stick growth, in extra-EU asylum applications is directly attributable to our own, local incompetents who purport to call themselves 'leaders'.

Roderick O'Gorman is particularly culpable. This is the person who devised the plan for 'own door' accommodation within four months and then broadcast his policy across social media in multiple languages. Who could possibly have foreseen that this would act as a beacon, magnetically attracting applicants across the Balkans, MENA region, and sub-saharan Africa? It takes a special brand of idiocy to not foresee the ramifications of this policy. As for Helen McEntee, the less said, the better.

Denmark suffered under the same wooly-headed thinking for several decades. In recent years, they have course corrected after seeing the outcomes in-house within their own society and by peering across the Oresund bridge, to witness events transpiring in their neighbor's back yard. It's only a matter of time before similar reason is injected into Irish discourse. The questions is: how much damage can the current cohort of clowns inflict, before we hit reverse? History will not judge these people kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I did myself the disservice of clicking on another video of that melt Phillip Dwyer who livestreamed the astroturfed "protest" the other day.

He was harassing a non-national about his trainers. Utter f*cking loser of a man, and I bet he's reading this thread and all.

East Wall protest tonight with the typical line-up of Ireland's wannabe Tommy Robinsons.

Anyone who gets taken in by these losers needs to have a word with themselves.

This is deluded and deranged posting at this point. You have added nothing to the discussion, failed to refute anything and attempted to derail the thread.

0/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So you’re right about this issue but locals in every village and town up and down the country are wrong.

Ok so.

Advertisement