Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda assaulted

Options
  • 21-11-2022 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Hope all are caught, charged & given lengthy prison sentences.

Tolerance of such scum behaviour should to be stamped out...enough is enough

Mod: Please do not post any footage of the incident or request it please.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

There is a video doing the rounds. Abhorrent scenes. Absolutely disgusted.

This is out of control. The respect for Guards is non existent in parts of Dublin. Enough is enough. Bulk up the force and equip them better.

Respect for the law is also gone. Fix up a lenient legal system that lets repeat offenders walk through a revolving court room door.

It is all on the Government to sort this out for **** sake and they are absolutely spineless. I despair to see what this city is descending into on their watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Multiple previous convictions no doubt. Prison is like a hotel for this shower. It's the one things I'd like to take from the States. Proper sentencing. For an attack on AGS like this 15 years should be a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

more facilities, key workers and hugs will solve this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Keep the scumbags circulating in society, keep the legal system employed and money makes the world go round

The amount of money the legal professionals make out of free legal aid and repeat offenders is crying out for a Prime Time investigates special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Might be an idea to bring back proper physical performance requirments for Gardai. Would mean less oompa loompas walking around in uniform though, so not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Saw the video. Savage beating of a man on the ground. Our Gards desperately need the support of the Judiciary but no sign of this. If Judges were taking a hiding like this I wonder would they be handing out such lenient sentences?

Not saying it is the case here, I agree, keeping fit and regular fitness tests should be part of the job.

It shouldn't be a case of once your in leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Much like the greyhound racing episode, it would interest poeople for a while but change nothing, unfortunately.

Oh I know. It's a legalised fraud against the tax payer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I can't understand why anyone would want to be a garda

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Having seen the video its the case here

Watching a garda being streeled around by the hair and easily manhandled while their colleague takes a kicking is not pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Female Guard needs to hold her head down in shame. She did nothing, and at no point was she restrained from helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno what video you saw that in , but I'd like to see it . In video I saw she was free, and walking around looking on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

The job they do

Who'd want it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

There are a lot of places I wouldn't feel comfortable being a guard in. Ballyer, Clondalkin, Tallaght, Ballymun, Finglas, Neilstown, etc. You need at least three guards if you're going on the beat there. The lad could have been killed. Hopefully they take this seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Think that video is part of article on Indo website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Where is the incentive to be a guard?

You won't be paid well, won't have the required tools to do your job, you'll be a laughing stock.

Until those circumstances change, more of the above will happen unfortunately.

McEntee out with the soundbites already. She is still so far removed from the scale of the problem.

It will take a Guard being killed for real action to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What exactly is she supposed to do?

Unleash Robocop?

🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

The guards don’t appear to have any authority anymore. They’re goin around now decked out on hi vis tracksuit tops skangers probably think fair game !

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Why though were only two sent out?

Are we short on Gardaí that they should have sent out like

half a dozen burly looking 'men' & sort this problem out!

Not a situation to be putting any young Gardaí into!

Post edited by Oscar Madison on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

To be fair, the state of our Garda. They don't give off any presence or authority. No one takes them seriously. We've all been to Spain and France etc. where the police look like they just don't f*ck around and take any sh*t. Ours look like out of shape rabbits in the headlights half the time.

The uniforms don't help either, ridiculous looking things. They need rebranding and a whole new approach to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Dirty Harry on feminism and women's quotas - YouTube

My thoughts exactly whatever your opinion!

Helpful. It's not like she is Minister for Justice or anything? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

The video shows a shocking beating of a person trying to perform their job. It's truly horrific and those with sensitivity to such things would be advised not to watch it.

I hope the Gardai involved recover well and I truly hope the Gardai can leverage the supports they desperately need to see such instances of violence and criminality be met with appropriate consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She isn't Minister for Pre-Crime though.

So again what is she supposed to do?

Or are you just venting irrationally?

any word for the scrotes at all there by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well we all know we produce some ridiculously rough people in this country, we should have the forces to deal with them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

These vermin have dozens if not hundreds of charges. free legal aid is a joke and a cash cow. Should be two strikes and you're out.

Community service is a must for early offenders. Parents dole/wages should be cut to compensate.

Too many with too much time on their hands. Everyone on SW should have to show up every morning to a local town hall and be offered a course or work for that day, Even if it entails the same course over and over.

Imagine if they reduced SW and rose the minimum wage, made the gap far wider between both. Solve many many social issues almost overnight. We can't get workers in my **** low paid job. They come in to get their work seeker forms filled in and nearly die when they're offered a job. They NEVER last longer than a week tops most not even the first day. They've all an excuse 'i've to leave now and pick me little brother up from school etc. So the foreign worker ends up filling the gap because they are willing to work. Ours are pampered pooches.

They openly sell drugs cause the streets belong to them.

God love the Gards what a thankless job. The state doesn't even have their backs. Every minister should be forced to give up one night a month to shadow our Garda and nurses in A&E. And as the above person suggests Primetime investigates should also be all over this. Who makes the money in all this.

Where do we put families who are giving a home courtesy of the taxpayers and then go on to abuse the home and the neighbours allowing their rodent children to commit acts like this. I've no clue we just seem to either leave them where they are or move them round the corner to terrorise somebody else or worse still unite and multiply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement