Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Mobile €10 per month

• 26-10-2022 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Received a leaflet in the house today

Virgin Mobile offer on 30 day rolling contract

unlimited calls to any network / including unlimited land lines / Unlimited data

it doesn't say anything about a fair usage but like most all network these days I am sure they will have something in their policy

€10 per month for the first 8moinths then its €25 per month thereafter, can be cancelled any time if required

Has anyone tried out the service yet? what are the download speeds like?

Linky => Sim Only Plans & Unlimited 4G Data, Calls & Texts - Virgin Media

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

I got this last year on black Friday - minus the after 8 months part. Its €10 per month for 'life'. Im hoping vodafone offer some kind of deal, I dont find virgin a good network, but i know in the original thread there is people who dont fault it, so suppose its luck on where you are etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Not a hope with vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Works out at 15 a month over the year when the final 4 months at 25 a month is accounted for. Could be worth it if the fair usage was something chunky like 300GB but Id doubt it as they dont want people like myself using it in a 4G router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

They have €10 for 12 months now for black "red" Friday "November" if you have not gone ahead with it yet.

I am happy overall it's very good network. I have a duel sim phone so have Virgin and Vodafone in the other. Virgin always has better reception and Internet is much better.

I just cancel it once the 12 months is up or 8 months or 6 months. And start again with another sim. I keep vodafone as my original number and use Virgin for Internet and phone calls when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Any one have an idea what there fair usage is for this offer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I signed up to the €10 for 12 months this time last year. I rang them earlier and asked if they'd extend it for another 12 months but they wouldn't as I'm an existing customer.

Are there any other networks doing similar deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭anitaca

Says on the page

"Any usage over 80GB will result in limited speeds."

Lycamobile has an unlimited €10 offer for 12 months and you can cancel after the first month. With them

"After 100 GB of data has been used, customers will experience a reduced data speed of 256kbps."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the best rolling contract offer at €20 or below? I get confused by the number of different ones. Looking for unlimited calls/texts/data and best possible coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

Just leave and then go back to virgin media.

48 have a offer if you get a referral you you get your second month free and 10 euro Uber eats. They are 12.99 a month and have a 12.99 one time joining fee, so it's costing me 25.98 for two months and I get Uber eat voucher. I'll move back to virgin once my second month is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So o signed up for this in store last Friday for my kid

the forms gone through then online later on to port the number over

but when we get to the bit where they are supposed to validate the existing number by sending you a text with a PIN, it just never comes through. It say don’t worry if you don’t get it and tells you that you can just try again (red flag to me and must be. Known provo)

Tried at least 10 times now on different days and different times. Nothing. What is odd is that putting in your virgin new number is pre populated with 35389….. (no +) but entering your own number only allows 87…. Without prefix or even a 0.

anyone else having similar issues? Or know how to sort without having to traipse back to the shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

48.ie I have for life 7.99

all calls texts data etc - never any issues

I think it's 10.99 or something now

piggybacking off 3 - recommend

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Still not bad - reasonably good service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Virgin offer is now €5 a month for 6 months on a rolling 30 day contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

It's interesting that data caps are still a thing when 5G is becoming mainstream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Unless you are abroad where you can only get 2g or 3g which is being discontinued in some countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Got my Virgin SIM, tried to switch today.

Put the SIM in. The first text I got was a link to setting up internet APN settings. Takes you to a page which doesn't list the settings, but makes you choose a specific device first. Every device I tried just hung endlessly loading. Had to google the APN settings.

Second text was a link to how to port your number. The URL was wrong, it just redirected to the main mobile sales page with no mention of porting. Had to google the porting URL.

Entered porting details, got a text a while later saying porting has failed as I had supplied the wrong current provider. I hadn't, but tried again just in case. Got the same text again.

One of the texts said I could port by calling 1908. After going through automated menu hell I eventually got through ... to a recording tellling me the current wait is over 20 minutes.

When your customer support is so bad you're actively preventing people joining, it's time to run. I'm filling in the cancellation form and sticking with 48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

MOH, I was trying to switch away from TescoMobile and got all sorts of issues with LycaMobile.

In the end I switched to Virgin Mobile around Black Friday, and when I had some porting issues (I thought it was going to go down the same way as Lyca, but) I got excellent support when I contacted them on their Twitter handle @VirginMediaIE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Are you able to sub again for the 5e a-month deal, if you already got it?

It seems to allow you to, but they might land you with a big bill afterwards at full whack if not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I switched to the 5 euro a month at least 3 times now, with a few months in between with other providers...

Advertisement