Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DualSense Controller Issues Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

Shocking but not surprising. I have 2 dual sense since launch. 1 replaced and the other is now showing slight signs of drift so thats going to need opened and given a good clean up to hopefully fix but it wont be long until its completely fecked. Steam is good for testing the stick positions in the controller settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nevermind warranty, you're protected by legislation.

Back to Smyths you go and quote the supply of goods and services act. A controller should last longer than 12 months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve replaced 2 controllers now.

One from launch day that was part of the original console box and then one of the red controllers.

Luckily both replaced by Smyrths as I had the receipts. They were about 6 and 11 months old

issues were :

1. wouldn't charge.
    2. Pad buttons randomly worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Guys, I recently replaced my sons original controller purchased in 2020. The fault was it would not turn off, I told Smyths and they replaced it straight away. Controller was 18 months old.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Might be getting some left stick drift on the black DualSense I have. Traded in the OG white one for it, and ended up buying another white one. Black one got some good use and is my backup controller now. Was gonna trade it in against the PSVR2 anyway. I got it pretty soon after it was out, so probably June/July last year. No return for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ve been in denial for over a week but having turned it on tonight, I’ve 100% got some bad drift in the left stick of my black controller too. Pissed off now I’ll have to fork out for another one because I’ve gotten so used to having two on the charging dock, it’s seriously handy when the battery runs out.

I suppose it’s better to realise it now than next week, with the Dualsense being on offer for Black Friday.

Advertisement