Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was/is the protesting at East Wall Racist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I did an early morning shop this morning in Tesco.

All the shoppers and staff were UNVETTED. I'm surprised I came out of there with my life. I warned a female shopper she was going into an unvetted zone, she turned on her heels and went to SuperValu, who I understand, Garda vet shoppers.

Close call for a fair Irish maiden.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yes

There aren't. This is nothing more than hateful, misogynistic drivel. I live in London and I'll take my own experience over whatever some approved Stephen Yaxley-Lennon says.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No

It makes you a reductive debater, that’s the only certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

No

Do you believe people should be allowed enter this country without citizenship, visa, or any kind of border control?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Being concerned about illegal immigration is not racist.

Racism means saying or doing something false/bad about people of a different race, or somehow implying they are inferior.

Wanting to reduce / eliminate non-EU immigration doesn't mention race, and therefore is nothing to do with racism.

I want zero bogus asylum-seekers, no matter what race they are (African, Asian, American, doesn't matter, not relevant)

The bogus AS from Albania and Georgia could be the same race as me, not sure, doesn't matter either way, that is not relevant.

What is relevant is that their claim is bogus, they are pretending to be AS, when in fact they are economic migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,103 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes

and they just spew this nonsense and people lap it up

I can see you you're unaware of my record on immigration threads. In fact I'm pretty sure we were contributing at the same time on some so you should be well aware of my position and it's nowhere near where you're trying to put it right now. So I won't be answering your bad faith "look over there question."

This thread is about the racist far right scaldies who descended on East Wall abusing people. Plenty of soft soapers around this morning.

Careful what you hitch your wagon to pilgrim.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yes

"All media except that with which I agree is fake news". It's rather tiresome.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

"Being concerned about illegal immigration is not racist"

No it isn't, but spewing abusive bile at foreigners and far right parties are racist. And that's what we saw at East Wall last night. And people are trying to soft-peddle it.

You're operating in defence of outright racists and trying to pass it off as vanilla "concerned locals".

Wise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

No

I am not aware of your "record". In the time its taken you to dodge my question, you could have simply answered it.

Do you believe people should be allowed enter this country without citizenship, visa, or any kind of border control?

You made a big song and dance about "unvetted" people in tesco - so do you actually consider everyone in this country to be "unvetted", or do you realise there is a distinction between citizens, visa holders, and those who do not ordinarily have right to reside in this country?

Its pretty clear that you run of of talking points when your not focused on calling people racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

No

Will Gary regret this when he next goes for election?

Yes

can you tell us where these areas in London are that women and children are afraid to walk around? or admit that you were wrong on that one at least?

My stance on immigration isn't the thread topic, and you can take a look at one of the threads I was very active on if you're curious. You should know, you were also very active on the same one.

Get with the programme, the thread topic is "was the East Wall protests racist". The protest was riddled with racists and outright racism.

Anyone who's operating in denial of that has a serious cognitive problem on their hands.

No

This +100.

Expressing concerns over illegal immigration is not remotely the same as racism.

And yet those with certain agendas often try to mush the two together.

This isn't the Oxford Union debating club, I'm not interested in what you think of "talking points."

My point is a basic one, anyone with eyes and ears can see the East Wall protests were brimming over with far right goons and racist sentiment. Whether some want to admit that because they've gone too far in hitching their wagon to it is another question.

It is rather fun watching the *definately not a racist* crew squirm as they try to find a position now that they've copped on the whole farrago has been coopted and astroturfed by hard right scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

No

The people ok with all this are definitely not being affected by these policy’s or living very far away from it all

i saw the videos of these lads getting off the buses, they don’t look like they’re of good character and going to rejuvenate or improve the areas there being sent too.

I’d say the same if bus loads of our 100+convictions type were moved into my town with no consultation or notice to the locals. Skin colour doesn’t matter

No it isn't racist to express concern about illegal immigration. But you witnessed an outright display of racism last night complete with hard right racists gurning like morons at East Wall.

That is racist, and you have no credibility left it you don't reconcile yourself with that.

We're not talking about racism in the abstract here, there was a literal racist display with people shouting invective and abuse at foreigners and calling them "the enemy" (go ahead and ask for a link, I'll direct you to the article on the journal where they documented it).

Wise up pilgrim, you're being played for a fool.

• Advertisement

I think most people would be very concerned about hundreds of single men coming from countries hostile to the rights of women and homosexual people.

Its the cultural beliefs of some of these male migrants that is the issue and its a valid concern.

We had two innocent men murdered horrifically in their own homes by a non national,we dont know yet how he came to be in this country but we certainly do not need an unlimited number of people who share his beliefs arriving.

It would be interesting to look at the areas of Dublin that send the least numbers of children to UCD and Trinity, then look at the locations chosen for bussing hundreds of young male economic refugees, it wont be a co incidence to see a link.

The sad reality is no country wants these men,France and Italy are having heated rows over which country will blink first regarding boats landing, Greece, an amazingly beautiful country has had enough, Denmark and Sweden,fed up to the gills with it,the Uk talking about sending plane loads to Rwanda.

Michael Martin needs to make a statement now explaining what is going on, where are all these men coming from, did they go the Uk first,why are they allowed to disembark from an aircraft with no papers. Why did we stop meeting people off the planes with demands to see their paperwork.

We all know once these men are transported to accomodation there is no sending them back,it needs to be dealt with at source, no papers,your finger prints are taken and you are put back on the flight to whatever country you boarded the plane first from,the decision time for people with papers is to be made within a month and one appeal only and a further month after that for deportation, the gravy train regarding the legal profession and the income they are making from immigration appeals needs to be investigated, ditto the amount of NGOs all earning a living from this industry,its a can that needs to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭afatbollix

It wasn't long ago that there were signs in our neighbor island saying

NO BLACKS

NO DOGS

NO IRISH

And in that order.

We have very short memories.

Yes

They don't look like they're of good character. Oh my days lol.

Its not racist to wonder why 40k this year have come across the channel into the UK from unsafe war torn France.

Illegal immigration, its effects, and the policies that come with it doesn't personally affect the Politicians who don't think long term. As long as they can make money everything is fine, they don't care what happens long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

No

So let’s reinforce the generalisation

You lie with dogs your gona get bitten man, am telling ya.

Once again, there was outright racism including verbal abuse and intimidation of arrivals, complete with a far right rent a mob in East Wall last night.

That's the long and short of the situation and you're talking to yourself with what you've posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Yes

How did you come to the conclusion that they aren't of good character just by looking at these people getting of the bus.

I didn't see a hint of trouble from any of them, so it would be fantastic to learn what traits and behaviours they exhibited that you were able to pick up on that I missed...

No

Yes and these illegal immigrants should go back to their countries of birth and work to make them better societies. That's what generations of Irish people who stayed at home did. They stayed, worked their asses off, paid their taxes and supported the state. That's why there was always some resentment towards the 'Returned Yank'.

They don't invalidate legitimate issues surrounding illegal immigration. You think people can't see what you're up to.

• Advertisement

Nobody wants to deal with a mob of racist sh*tbags, and a good deal of the crowd at East Wall was just that.

I'd rather talk to a stray dog about immigration than those melts. They have nothing to say to anyone, let alone engage on "legitimate issues". They were there to stir sh*t and peddle hatred and you're soft soaping it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement