Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

LargeVolumeRecruitment5@Publicjobs.ie, pop them an email and they will tell you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Laois/ Offaly Update.

"We have called forward up to open OOM 38 and interdepartmental OOM 21 to stage 2 interview for Offaly.

We have yet to call forward candidates for Laois. As vacancies arise candidates will be called forward in order of merit."

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kerrywan

I'm placed no. 4 batch 2 after interview... how many is in a batch does anyone know? Trying to see if they will actually get to my number

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Why wouldn't they get to your number? You're the fourth person in the second batch. They're most likely gonna have 5+ batches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I emailed for an update for Dublin. So far they have reached OOM 334 for Open and 131 for Interdepartmental

I'm in Kerry so probably won't have that many batches, trying to figure out which side of Christmas it might be. Not sure if a batch is e.g 50 or 100 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

In my county, there were 2 in total in Batch 1. I have no idea how many were called for interview, but only 2 were successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

I got those numbers in September, looks like Dublin panel hasn't moved since then...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Would anyone know if there is a thread for the National HSE grade IV competition?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CosmicTurnip

Has anyone started their new role yet? I've been assigned to a department but haven't been given a start date or had any HR contact yet.

I'm left wondering what my first weeks will be like. There's so little information on what an EO position actually entails, though I know it differs from department to department. For anyone with experience, will there be a training period or just shadowing another employee? How would that work with existing staff on blended work arrangements?

I would love to hear from anyone who has recently started as EO or has any experience with starting in the CS. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Ive worked in a few roles as an EO and am currently working as an EO. Both remote and blended. Yes there will be training. All depends on the department, section you are in and what you will be doing. PM me if you have any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anybody get placed on a batch after interview for Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

hi. yep I got my new oom 9 days after interview. I'm in top 10 and I know someone else who was placed in top 15. might be worth popping them off an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amyrosewq

I emailed them last week and just got a reply for the Dublin panels.

OOM 405 for the open panel and OOM 157 for the interdepartmental panel 

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Thanks I'm just being nosey into the batch size :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Hey hi - quick technical q for anyone familiar with new Boards UI - mods this is relevant as I find Boards v useful for researching things like interview prep and I'm in this comp. SO - is there a "Search Thread" option anymore like there was on the old version? You used be able to go in very specific on word searches like "they asked me" or "I was asked" etc and get good info on what to potentially expect in interviews... Don't see an equivalent option here anymore - anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LauraLyn

Hi everyone, in desperate need of some advice.

I'm due to start my position as EO in a few weeks. Its a bit of drive away plus heave traffic on my commute. My main issue is childcare have let me down big time - they either can't fulfill the hours, or no places etc, I've tried childminders, no joy. I've no family near me so family support is non existant. I feel at a total loss.

My question is, how soon can I put in for transfer and how do I do it? Can I refuse my first offer in the hope I get something that offers hybrid/remote working?

Thanks everyone x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 amyrosewq

Blended/Hybrid working is really dependant on the department, and you can't know for definite until you hear from them yourself. Some might say it is blended working, my own department is but there are certain sections within the department who have been full 5 days throughout the pandemic.

You can only go for mobility two years after your start date, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way around this. The functionality is rescinded until your eligibility date comes up.

In regard to turning down your first offer, it used to be a thing in the civil service that you'd get three offers but nowadays it's if you turn your first offer down, you'll be removed from the panel unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

You can fill out the application for mobility on day 1 but you cannot move until you have at least 2 years done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi @CosmicTurnip have you had contact yet about your start date? I am at the same stage as this and wondering if I should reach out to ask about it. Thanks 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Childcare is such a dose! Having a similar wobble myself but I don't have a start date.

When I could select my locations the form said I had to accept a role in my preferred location or lose my place on the panel but if I was offered a role outside of my selected regions i could refuse and remain on the panel.

Did you have this? If not the older system was if you were offered a role more than 45km from your registered address you could refuse and stay on the panel?

However you will find childcare and it will be fine. A pal of mine had to get 3 minders to cover all 5 days earlier this year but since got it sorted

If it were me I'd ask PAS what options were available, asking won't go against you at least then you'll know

No contact yet. I’m not in a rush to start but it would be nice to know if I’m not starting until January so I can relax over Christmas. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

@CosmicTurnip fingers crossed 🤞 would be nice to start the new year with a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

I'm sure it varies from department to department but my HR got in touch to confirm my deployment with them and tell me due to large hiring volumes they won't be back in touch for a number of weeks

My guess is it would be similar across the board my guess is a Feb start date

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swanladyy

Anyone who had their interview for Offaly, how did it go?? How did you find it & have you received results & departments you’ll be sent to yet? I’m hoping I’ll be included in the next round of EOI’s 🙏🏻

What do they look for as regards pre employment checks. Thought if you have 2 years service, thats all that matters for interdepartmental ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ainemaria

Any update on the OOM for Tipp/Limerick area?

Advertisement