Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

Not sure if this is the right place. I've had my box up and running for several months now. recently a couple of recordings have gone wrong. Basically when I go the the File List the recording is not there. But when I go the Timer it is showing that the programme was recorded. The location for the recording is correct but it is just not showing on the listing. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

1. Is the HDD full by any chance?
    2. Is it only certain channels or all of them?
    3. Have you tried a manual record on the same channel?

The HDD is on 38% full.

Not sure how many channels it's happening on. I've only had this happen a couple of times and I don't remember what channel it happend on the first time. No issue with manual recording on the same channel (BBC1). What I did notice when I set up the recording is that the marker on the EPG list was not there but when I press the green button (what I usually do to set up a record from the EPG list) it doesn't show the red markers at the start and end of the programme listing. But if I highlight the prog that is set up for recording and press the green button on the remote the options shown says Change Timer and not Add Timer which is what normally shows when I am setting up a recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭swoofer

Do a hard reboot ie switch off and on at the rear and recordings should re-appear.

• Advertisement

Can you say image version and skin that you are using? And are you aware you can have 4 images on box so you could flash with, latest Openix to a different slot. Openvix comes almost good to go and has great support. I cant find your fault anywhere.

Hi

The Image is 5.4.016

Skiin is Simple_Ten_Eighty

So there seems to be an issue with Timers on BBC1 HDwhen I add them. On BBC1 there is no start and end marker shown after I've clicked the green button and then Add timer. And when I for the the Timer list next to where it says 'waiting' it usually says 28.2E but it now says 0.0E. However if I select BBC1 NI then it all works OK. So it looks like the issue is to do with BBC1 HD channel. But both seem to be on the same transponder (?) 10847 V2300 3/4 8PSK 28.2E Excuse me if I get some terminology wrong.

That is a very old image and is no longer supported. The latest version is now 6.2.011. I don't know how much you know your way around that box but if your handy you can flash, means load the latest image online and put it in a different partition. Then set that up the way you like it, it wont have that simple skin, too old but there is a nicer one you can download later.

If you are unsure just say so, for now go menu, setup and then down at bottom it will say VIX click on that and then select flash image, then yellow and then select openvix, then the one you want is at top and says multi zip, download that, then select flash and now system should ask you what partition you want to flash it to. NB make a note of the partition that contains the current image and don't flash on that as it will overwrite it, that's your fallback for the time being.

try that but you need a bit of time.

Thanks for that. I am unsure about this so any help appreciated. First thing though is that I got to ViX and clicked on that but no option to flash image. I've grabbed a screenshot which is in the next post. So stuck already! Basically I'd like to be able to keep stored recordings when updating. My box has an internal HDD so do I need another storage device? Thanks.

Post edited by joeirish on

So this is what I see after clicking on ViX (I found how to grab screenshots in another forum so I'm learning!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Backup Manager is for backing up your image your on now.

Image manager is where you download from options as you have to expand the named one like OpenVix and that lists the previous versions of that image.

You wont lose your recordings as they are on on the hdd. Use image manager as instructed but as I said as its an old image it might not show up the partitions on the zgemma.

If not there is another way to flash from usb slot.

Thanks for all the help.

Should I back up onto another device, USB drive or external HDD? And if I need to reinstall the backup again how would I do that.

Cheers

So I backed up OK and downlaoded the latest version of Vix. It now appears to be stuck with nothing happening. Not sure if this is going to change. There seems to be a couner on the from on the box showing 0745 , oh just went to 0746 but nothing else happening. Any ideas? Maybe I jsut need to wait?

On closer inspection the box is showing the time at 07.47 etc

OK so I got out of that and restored the old image. Now trying to re-nstall the new version. Hit the blue button for flash and after a while it says re-booting with teh new image. The I get asked if I want to perform a restore with the backup so I exit the restore wizard.Message comes up saying 'The wizard is finsihed now.'. Image attached. I,m assuming I have to hit OK as nothing is happening... so here goes

Post edited by joeirish on

Then some more prompts shown here so I chose 1080p for video mode and didn't chose anything for the refresh rate. Now it seems to be going round in circles, first the Openvix screent with the support email address and then a blank screen and then the support screen again and so on. Number -49- showing on the front of the receiver box. Not sure what to do at this stage. Reboot?

I'm home now, did it come up with a choice of partitions? You are now configuring settings. 1080i is a better option but that can be changed later. You now get to set up network, then you need to set epg, and then the open epg downlaoder, then the tuners and scan for soarview. It may not be in the order i describe.

and a few more bits, ill look at my set up to jog memory

OK all sorted. I re-booted and it says the image is now 6.2 . Looks like the same skin though. Thansk for all the help.

I missed the fun when you flashed box you decided to start from scratch and setup as a new box by going through the wizard.

If you decided to install plugins your old data from your backup image would have added what you had on previous image.

I like starting from scratch as old non updated plugins might not be useable on new image.

Might you be using AutoBouquetMaker to make up your channel lists.

Dont forget to have your epg saved to internal hdd and NOT FLASH.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. There was something about Slots with 3 listed I think. Are these the same as partitions? I didn't do any network or epg setups, not sure where the option for these are. I'll take another look and see. Cheers

So here's my menu for epg, what do I do from here? The EPG seems to be the same as before which was fine but maybe there's more I should or could do? I haven't explored the box much since I first got it working.

You used those fateful words " OK all sorted" This means I know exactly what I am doing and I no longer need any pointers.! Yes slots are partitions and it would have shown one slot that says " Current image" and then you choose the spare slot and in this way you could have 4 different images, like OPENVIX, OPENTV, OPENPLI, HDF, PURE2 and so on. If you choose the existing slot and said yes to restore settings and plugins then you have overwritten the old image and you may have brought the glitch with you but you may be OK.

I think that is what you have done. What I would like you to do is check where you are storing the epg first, so menu setup epg, settings and tell me what it says in 3rd row down,

Now check this same as above then when in epg go to opentv epg downloader, and say what it says on first line.

And can you check network is up and running, menu setup network, device, network test green button and pause, it should be OK

Once I know the above I can tell you how to get skins and depending on the results configure the last few bits. You have exact same image as mine now so easy to compare.

@swoofer Thanks again for this help. Yes all sorted means that but in my case it just means that I can now watch telly as before.

Anyway what it says is EPG location and /media/hdd

OpenTV download first line say Enable OpenTV download No as in the attached image

Network test seems all OK if I understand the next image correctly

BTW the glitch did come over but I added a different BBC1 HD to the bouquet and deleted the old one and the issue seems to have gone.

I also just checked Information|About and it says

Image slot Startup 2- eMMC slot 2 bootmode = 12

So I assume the new image is in slot 2? Does that mean the old image is in slot 1 and is this then just taking up space on the HDD that I can free up?

Cheers.

Leave images on hdd as if you needed to revert or install plugins

ok, BTW that was quick thinking on fixing the glitch. To check slots can you do this, hold the power button until a menu appears that will show Multiboot image selector click on that and it should show you the 4 partitions/slots. Id say you have slot 2 and the others empty. Just exit out back to screen.

Epg is in right place thats good. EPG you may have Crossepg active just clcik on it and select configure if it shows scheduled downlaod as once a day then you are good. Apparently Openepg downloader is best and all you do is say yes and make it 24 then it updates every 24 hours but if your happy with crossepg then stick with it. dont have 2 running at same time.

To get a good skin, and a lot of these are personal choice, go plugins, downloads skins and look for YouVix-blue. Download.

Then go menu setup user interface skin selection, clcik on new one etc. I think it comes with picons so epg should look nice.

here's a pic

Thanks again. Here's the Multiboot Image Selector screen, looks like I've two slots free and Slot 1 has to old image. Leave as is?

I'll try that skin, looks good. Thanks.

So I couldn't find that skin, am I looking in the right place

and this s some of what I see when I click on Skins

Is youvix-blue somewhere else? I assume you meant openvix-youvix-blue but I can only see green, purple and red. Can I get the old skin back if I download a new one? Cheers

That partition is perfect and you have old image as a fall back but it has that glitch and now you have the fix. Should be no need to go back but you never know.

Go back to skin selection, it might be already included. You get a list of skins that are installed and yes its easy to go back.

Check that crossepg.

• Advertisement

Just found youvix-blue, already downloaded that skin. Thanks again.

Advertisement