Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Molly and Carlos dance was beautiful , I loved it.

Hamza is my favorite though, he's just so enjoyable to watch, he has a lovely energy about him .

I thought Tony was feeling something after the dance. He was limping going up the stairs. Loved him, though. A complete novice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anybody know what the music was for the opening number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Ah a bit of real emotion there. I think his body is shattered from the routines and old football injuries.

He was what it is all about , a novice, who threw himself into it, and didn't take himself too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I think it’s called World in Union. As far as I remember it was used at a Rugby World Cup a number of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I looked that up and World in Union uses the same music as the song I was thinking of. The music from the Jupiter section of Holsts The planets suite.

That was a brilliant opening dance , with the judges and celebs participating too , loved it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hamza is fabulous . I lovd that

Hamza and Jowita, my favourites. I love how he makes it look so effortless and graceful.

I loved it too! But I almost wish it was the last dance of the show.

I always associate "New York, New York" with the end of the night, not the start!!! ;)

'

• Advertisement

Oh . I am no expert but Molly legs were too straight or something

Fleur thinks she is Janet Jackson.

Hated it.

Edit.... four tens?!? For that ?!? 😲 Fcuk off.

I personally don't like Fleur , but I thought that was brilliant. Tens all round from the judges I'd say tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have to say I didn’t really enjoy Fleurs routine….don’t know why but I was just a little underwhelmed…not sure why everyone thought it was so good.

Its her facial expressions always put me off, the gnashing of teeth...

Can't say I enjoyed it this evening, if I'm honest.

I know its Blackpool, but I found the other dancers on the floor very intrusive and distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My favourite by far tonight was Helen, she was just so light on her feet.

But I can absolutely see why Fleur got the 4 x 10, that was a brilliant dance even if it wasn't really my thing.

I felt so sorry for Will having to follow her, dressed like a souped up liquorice allsort! I think he would have scored higher if he danced any other slot in the show.

I think Kym has improved a lot. And Graziano is adorable. He is always so excited about everything, like a big kid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm relieved that others didn't like Fleur's dance. It's not that it wasn't good - it was great, but I don't watch Strictly to see a music video. Again, what's the point of a showdance when couple's choice is undermining it? I knew Craig would pull out the 10 for it though, he loves that kind of dance.

I really enjoyed Will and Hamza. I reckon Ellie and Mollie for the dance-off: Ellie to go.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,571 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Couples Choice really is crap. Can't stand the concept.

Also, was Shirley hitting the sherry beforehand last night?

• Advertisement

I didnt either . It looked like a music video which I dont think suits Strictly at all . I zoned out half way through it .Her open mouth also puts me off when watching her .

My favourites tonight were Helen , Hamza and Kym .

I'm annoyed at these two couples being in the dance off against each other.

I think both of them deserved a place in the final.

I think Tyler wasn’t improving any more and his posture never improved . He danced much better in the dance off but was still hunched

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought Molly clinched the dance-off. But public doesn't like her so she'll probably be back in it next week.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Stage school trained kids never win on Strictly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,428 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Molly deserved to nip the dance off, but there are worse dancers left in than Tyler.

However, it is as much a popularity contest for the casual viewer as it is a dance competition for the purist, so here we are.

Only three weeks to go, I feel a final of Fleur, Hamza and probably Will beckons.

• Advertisement

I agree about Fleur's mouth. It puts me off too.

I watched a few of the dances back, and have to say, Helen was great this week, she looked much more relaxed and confident.

I thought Molly danced better in the dance off than she did the first time around.

I read a few comments on youtube from people who thought Tyler and Dianne's dance had too many lifts and not enough salsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Yes and it was Dianne (who looked amazing) doing the complicated part of the lifts. I didn’t think Tyler did much in it and thought he was overmarked.

I think Carlos is a good pro.I like his choreography, it’s a bit different. In all my years watching Strictly, he is the only pro I ever remember who had his dance teacher at the show as a guest and thanked her.

My favourite was Helen’s quickstep,I absolutely loved it. Than Molly’s jive. I could see why they call Carlos ‘king of the jive’.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Poor Kym that a real shame for her

• Advertisement

That is an article from last year . But apparently she has it again now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oops.

Yes, she has it again. I found several articles and didn't notice the date on that one 😆

I was trying not to link ones from the Sun, the Mail etc. 😁

I hope none of the others have it. I presume they were all partying in Blackpool.

Anyway, here's an up to date link...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63718895

I hope she is well enough to train next week , it can be very hard on the muscles .

I hope so too.

I have been enjoying her performances.

Here are the dances for this week: (Week 10)

• Ellie T & Johannes: Jive to Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
    • Fleur & Vito: Rumba to Too Lost In You Sugababes
    • Helen & Gorka: Samba to Eso Beso by Emma Bunton
    • Mollie & Carlos: Tango to Bad Guy by Billie Eilish
    • Hamza & Jowita: Argentine Tango to Libertango by Bond
    • Will & Nancy: Charleston to Hush by Kula Shaker

Show times and days for the next few weeks, helpfully provided by a UK pal of mine.

I wonder will my Sky box be able to keep up???

• Ellie T & Johannes: Jive to Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison

A jive? to this song? This is going to suck.

I saw them on ITT during the week, and thought exactly the same!

• Advertisement

Wow.

Kudos to Nancy for the choreography on that high energy charleston. I liked it!

Wow ! I am not a big Will fan but that was fabulous

Mollie and Carlos, that was brilliant.

Loved that tango. Molly did a great job.

It has to be said, Carlos is fast becoming a favourite male pro. He is so good.

Motsi looks fabulous tonight . Less is more

I love Ellie but that was really not good

Ellie and Johannes....

Hated the outfits. The wardrobe department hasn't been kind to Ellie and Johannes this year.

I did see Ellie make a mistake. Not their best dance, but not their worst. Ellie could be in trouble this week.

Was about to post something similar. Definitely not her best dance . I love Johannes, he's my favorite male pro.

All the right steps but i felt no emotion and it just wasn’t very sexy for me

• Advertisement

Okay.... Vito, let Fleur go.

The dance is over. 😶

I'm no expert. But it looked to me like Fleur's shoulders were extremely stiff...?!?

Advertisement