Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I know Fair City writers read this thread...... soo to give a little hope to all us, silver foxes.....

Anna & the Ram ♥️🐏 .... make it soo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ohh.... if they are reading they should incorporate one of usernames into a scene.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Twisty neck doug doesn't know what to do with himself, his head is twisting all over the shop in the pub when ray, mondo and the girl gave out to him.

Why is Zoe staying with Karl and hooking up sugar daddies 🤔? wouldn't she still only be a teen ? and where's Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

What is with that poor young wan's American accent. Is it the character or the actress.

Also, the young wan staying with Carol. The sugar daddies called perverts while the young one seemingly completely innocent of probably fleecing the dopes. 😝

Isn't there a pair of them in it. She is an adult yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He seems to have had a short stay in it for someone the writers had popping up everywhere for a few episodes and then he just disappeared.

Bit odd Zoe was able to get one of Dermots lawyers on a Sunday to do a house call.

Not sure how effective he will be in court seeing as he doesn't seem to have any voice.

• Advertisement

Zach thinking he's some criminal mastermind always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the writers really messed up the Zach character. He could be sort of a cheecky chap country guy but what they've done with him doesn't even make sense.

However there was a time when Dean used be interesting as well but they turned him into another dull character.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder who owns the red MG, if if it was mine and some non car type actor was holding a socket ratchet over the wing I would be sweathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sean does not know Zoe who lived with Dermot and was friends with Rachel

Where is her sister Kelly?

It's odd. I've been watching Fair City over the past few weeks for the first time in probably decades (I'm getting my head checked I promise) but I watch it always with a sense that the writers don't know what they're doing with the characters.

I actually wonder is it this odd, amateurish writing that keeps me oddly interested in Fair City. Like a comedy that's not meant to be a comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Half the reason I watch it is cause it’s soo soo bad; crappy inconsistent storylines, characters erratic behaviour along with mainly useless actors. I love the commentary and observations on this thread too.

I watch it in bed while himself is downstairs watching sport - it’s a brain dead type show perfect for winding down before lights off!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

The simon character made no sense considering he's gone already.

Basically, he was seen as a drag queen which disturbed Paul and then he was loud and yappy to everyone then disappeared.

Maybe Paul being off for months resulted in Simon character being pointless so they cut him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Perhaps Simon didn't leave..

Perhaps was murdered by Anna and the other one .

Perhaps they chopped him up ..

Perhaps they gave the meat to Dean to sell in sandwiches, and protein shakes.....

You have nailed it there. Fair City is soo bad, its good 👍

Storylines that are rushed and then just abruptly dropped

Inconsistent behaviour from characters.

Characters appearing and disappearing and sometimes being replaced by a different actor.

Bad acting in general.

Totally implausible plot movement techniques (how many times have we seen characters eves-dropping on other characters private conversations/phone calls)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Photobox

Kelly was Sash awhile back for a couple of episodes, talk about confusing 😊 I wasn't even sure Zoe was actually Zoe when she came back into it first as Dermot wasn't back in it initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Zoe: I'm not afraid of Carol!

Sean: Everyone's afraid of Carol!

Loved that conversation! I doubt Sean will be a part of a Zoe story since he'd be in panto in real life, probably just giving him his few contractual scenes and lines.

Yeah, enjoyed that too. Never rated Sean characters actor, but that one scene was easily his best in Fair City. He kept working away clearing the table and had a very natural type conversation with Zoe.. the come back, "Everyone's afraid of Carol" might in fact be the best ever line delivered, in Fair City.

Only qualm I'd have is why didn't Sean go into the kitchen to clear off the uneaten food from the dirty plates instead of putting them on the bar counter (when he was already behind the counter at that point... questionable hygiene practices in the Station ☹️)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Loved that Carol's "house rules" for Zoe included no smoking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I am still trying to work out the Christmas day blockbuster storyline. Anyone willing to bet what's in store?

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Im guessing Paul finds out about Orla and Lenny - who knows in fair city style they may even have Paul and Orla get married at christmas.

Nothing much else happening really. Im bored with the moody Zoe storyline already - shes 20 - Carol should just turf her out.

The Anna/Maria gangland story - surely they cant take that anywhere. Nurse Anna was concerned about her patient so confronted his gangland boss - like that would happen in real life. The gangland boss took ill and she watched him die. Once again it actually could have been a good story but the writers went with the ridiculous story and rushed it. I still dont know what Marias involvement was and why she feels she needs to work for Zac.

Sick of the bad Zac storylines aswell - he is very unconvincing as a criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Zack actually needs to leave FC. He's soo sh1te as a master criminal, its laughable 😂😂😂 and he's single handedly stinking up the whole show 🦨

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Westarve

Who sent Anna the blank postcard from Scotland?

Maria an accountant and also Juliet an influencer can do books, did she even do a Leaving or Junior Cert?

Has any mention of Simon?

No idea who sent the Postcard.

I don't think Juliet finished school there was some reference to it before.

I think Maria or Anna just said he moved when he heard Charlotte was in town. It's a confusing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I wonder if we have seen the last of antos new ex girlfriend, she should have been friends or enimies with Joan.

I got them impression off Maria or Anna that Simon took off when he heard Charlotte was around.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of them looking for a new tenant for rent.

Anna didn't seem to make much of an issue about Richie when he was around.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Was Anna nipping over from Glasgow every time she was filling in at the medical centre before Will died?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Yes, Maria was giving out about having to pay her portion of the rent prior to the whole Charlotte nonsense - no mention since esp if it’s 50% dearer. And like u say no mention of a replacement for Simon (also is he supposed to have just walked out of his job!).

they said it cost €1000 fir them to up sticks, was this supposed to cover the house deposit Joan has?!..

daft storyline alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Photobox

I really don't know what the writers are smoking. The Maria/Anna/Charlotte story is the most bizarre story ever, I dont understand why Maria is forced to work for Zak either or what exactly went on in Glasgow ?? Complete tosh.

Advertisement