Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DFB tweeted it last night but they didn’t specifically say it was an EV.

A taxi group in in said it was an ID4. But not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You need to delete the car from the app, then sign into the car again

I did it from the app first, which then brings you to a screen where you scan a QR code

On the car you'll also have to sign in using your VW account, and after a bit it'll generate the QR code to scan

It can take a few goes to generate the code depending on your internet connection. If it's not working I suggest trying again in 20-30 mins and that fixed it for me

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Is anyone else on 3.0 being prompted for an S-PIN on startup?

It says you can set it on the app but I didn't see anywhere to set it, and I don't remember setting one

I put in what it probably is, assuming I set it ages ago and forgot and it works. I've also saved it so it won't prompt me again

It'd be classic VW to implement a password system that accepts anything 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Thank you- I tried a couple of times, and no luck. I will try again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I didn’t delete the car from my app. I just went into the shop (a new option on the infotainment) logged into this and the app started working!

• Advertisement

Interesting, when I tried to login to the car the only way it would work for me was to delete the car from the app

Old Model S, not even LFP in that, never mind BYD Blade Tech.

Wouldn't be as safe as the current crop of EV batteries across the current crop of brands IMO.

True, and the car was already crashed. So the battery compartment was probably damaged

Probably some clown trying to salvage the battery cells and cut into one by accident

Scary stuff though

This exactly! Worked a treat- thank you. They could do with being more clear on their side with what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Picked up 222 plate ID4 77kw this morning after trading in our 52kw model, its running ID Software 3.1

Noice 😁

Enjoy being able to see the charging power in kW instead of km/min 🤣

Did they fix that dumb kWh/h thing as well?

I can't wait for 3.1, looking forward to the driving data being on the dash display instead of having to swipe through the screen for it

Anyone who has gotten 3.0, have you noticed an improvement in the responsiveness of the touch buttons under the screen?

Usually it took 6 presses to bring up the climate or parking screens, now they only take one

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Is there a way to prompt the car into downloading 3.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Not really, don't get too excited over 3.0. Its not a huge improvement in my view

Best of luck and safe driving.

But your figures should be 52 kWh and 77 kWh FYI.

I disagree, I think 3.0 is a big improvement

VW are still a ways from where they need to be in terms of UI and software integration

But I think they've fixed a lot of the problems (and dumb decisions) that were in earlier versions

Frankly, 3.0 is what VW should have released the ID.3 with back in 2020. It feels like we've just gotten the software out of beta versions

No, it'll check for updates on a particular day of the week (the day it was built) and there's no way to force it to check

Hi all (again!),

After updating to 3.0, I had an issue with the App telling me there was 'limited We Connect Services' available to me. That was resolved by logging into the new Store app on the car.

Now, I see in the app that the it states 'Vehicle in offline mode'- this despite the user being set up in the car, and the car actually being online (as confirmed by the icon). I have the user profile set up and I believe the privacy settings on the profile are correct.

Might anyone have any ideas what could be the issue now?

Thank you!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Has the app changed much with the 3.0 update? Didn't I see somewhere that with 3.0 you'd be able to see the locked/unlocked status of the car from the app?

• Advertisement

Nope- only thing really is that you are supposed to be able to see where your car is parked- it was working for me for a few hours, before it now tells me 'your car is offline' :(

You can see the lock status, it's just a bit too subtle. When you go to the vehicle screen there's a little lock symbol beside your car name

I had to start and stop the AC to force it to sync up the status

Also showed the open boot

Regarding location, I think you need to install the We Connect Plus on the car from the app for it to work

You also need to ensure you were the last person signed into the car, if someone signs in as guest or another user then it stops reporting location

Mine is reporting location now, but was a bit on and off over the last few days. It's possible it takes a while to sync up after parking

So I'm going to try another timed charging experiment to ensure it's working

I'm running the car down to around 30%. Heated seats are handy for that 😂

I've got charge immediately set to 40%, departure time set for 7am tomorrow and charge limit set to 80%

Charging mode will be set to charge and air conditioning for departure time

So when I plus in, the car should immediately charge to 40%, then stop and wait until night time and then be charged and warm by 7am tomorrow.

It's a tough enough test IMO because it'll need to take on 30+kWh so it'll need to start around 2am.

I kinda suspect it'll undershoot and not be charged

After that test, I'm going to set the mode to Charge at preferred times (12am-7am) and see how it performs. I suspect that'll go better because the car should immediately start charging at midnight

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sure

🤣

Well it's working as expected so far. Plugged in earlier at 29% and it charged up to 40% and stopped

It's now sitting waiting for the start time

I wonder how the car learns the charging rate, or does it assume max speed all the time. I recently dropped the max charging power on my Zappi to 6.6kW, so I wonder will the car take that into account.

It should know that from charging earlier today but we'll see how quickly it figures it out

I think my wife will be charging her Leaf as well tonight which drops the ID.4 down to 3.3kW, so I bet the car isn't going to be fully charged tomorrow morning

I might actually try again another day to give it the best chance of success

Okay I've decided in the interest of fairness to change tonight's test to "Charge at preferred times", so it should just start charging at midnight

Next time the missus is WFH I'll try the charge for departure time test

Incidentally, this is also something that you can set from the app, which is a big chunk of the reason I changed the test, I didn't want to go out in the cold 😂

Unfortunately you still can't set the minimum charge level or preferred times through the app. You can only set the mode and the departure time, and whether to have AC on or not

Well first hiccup from the timed charging, it randomly set itself to Charge immediately and started charging around 5pm

No idea what happened there, maybe I unlocked the car or something and that reset it

Anyway it's stopped again and now set to charge at preferred times

Okay, so update on the timed charging experiment

The car was charged to 80% and ready when I checked on it at 7am.

From the Zappi logs I can see that it started charging at midnight and continued all through the night

It dropped below 6kW and then later down to 2.1kW. It's possible that was because the Leaf was charging at that time and the Zappi was load limiting, the two chargers share the same 32A circuit

It's also possible the ID.4 was trying to charge at the minimum power through the night to ensure it was at 80% by the end of the time window

I'd be interested in other people's experiences on this

I can also see it's charging sessions yesterday were at full speed

First one was the top-up from 29-40%

Second one was where the car forgot it was supposed to timed charge and started charging around 5pm

This seems to be a bit of a flaw in the logic. Every time you stop at a saved location the charging mode seems to default to "Charge immediately" instead of just remembering the last option

I wonder if I accidentally unlocked the car around 5pm and it reset

That or the onboard GPS forgot where it was momentarily and that reset the mode

So while it seems timed charging "works" now, there's still a few fundamental design flaws that VW need to figure out

I'll see if I can do a 40-80% charge next week using the departure time, if the car starts early enough to be fully charged

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

Jumped into my ID.4 this morning to realise the main and mini infotainment screens in the car were not working!!!

They did not power up when the car powered up. Black screens.

Pulled over, made sure the car was still drivable and everything seemed ok but I could not operate the heating system and other controls in the car.

I was just about to ring VW when I decided to hold the power button down on the infotainment for around 20 seconds and both screens rebooted.

Very dangerous in my opinion as if I had of been on the motorway and both screens shut down my initial reaction might not have been as calm.

Has anyone else experienced these screen blackouts on their ID.4's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

yea happened to me once as well.. couldnt operate windows either... Reboot when stopped sorted it

Advertisement