Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full house rewire - any tips?...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭brianc89

Yeah it won't be long before all charging wires will be USB-C on each end. The USB-A ports could be obsolete within 10years or so.

We're not gonna include any USB ports though. My phone needs the specific adapter for fast charging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

would be interested to know how much you're paying; we asked five different electricians last year, only two showed up to spec a quote out and only one actually provided a quote in the end - and it was over €16k for a ~130sqm house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Just looking at a new iphone, and it only comes with a usb c to lightening cable. So I'll have to buy a cable to use with my sockets. Doesn't even come with the plug adapter. 😂

Our house is 110sqm. We are fully rewiring about 80sqm, this includes the kitchen, living room, utility, 2x bedrooms and 2x shower rooms.

The electrician is going to install a secondary fuse box on the rear of the house to facilitate future works there. The rear of the house will have 2 bedrooms only, so it won't have heavy electrical needs.

We have been quoted 10k but expect it will increase a few 1000 when we add Solar PV prep and other items brought up in this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

would you be able to PM me the name of the company you're using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

they won’t be able to certify your installation to the new regulations (IS10101) if some of the existing wiring is left in place. If a certificate cannot be issued then This may affect your connection into the esbn meter.

Sorry never got back on this. We took out our sledgehammer and tore into the house 😂

The rear part of the house, which isn't being renovated, is currently one large bedroom and a misshapen corridor. We will be reconfiguring this into 2 bedrooms later.

For now our electrician will require two ceilings lights and two plug sockets which will do the job for now, so it will be all compliant.

Advertisement