Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I suspect it's fake. Not enough capitalisation. Special, begged, me, grovel, daddy all would have been capitalised had trump scrawled it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,429 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

but but but he is under audit, they cant do that!

This is the greatest ever political witch hunt in the history of political witch hunts!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It'll be a failure of justice if he isn't done for any of the crimes he has admitted to, let alone the ones he's accused of.

A more interesting question is will people who hold him up as a hero figure go down with the ship or do what a lot of people have already done and claim they never really supported him. MAGAs just need an out in a lot of cases so they can distance themselves from Trump without having to admit how stupid they were. Being able to say Roe v Wade was overturned and Trump was merely a useful idiot for getting there has been enough for many, others are just saying Trump's political utility is used up and it's time to hitch up with another candidate (like DeSantis).

If the gets away with it (Because his sycophants stop investigations) then this is a "Win". Now it's important to note that, even to his ... fans, "Win" does not mean "innocent". It simply means WIN. So it is actually a win/win for them:

If he gets prosecuted then it is a politically-driven witch-hunt. Biden's Laptop, Lock-her-up etc. So he is a victim of the woke LGBTQ+ Black Lives Matter whatevers. So: WIN

If his croneys pull the plug on investigations (Most likely) then: WIN

His ... fans have already stated that there is no line he can cross. MAGA doesn't need an out from trump. MAGA IS trump. We have asked many times if there is a line he can cross. We stated many times that we would not respond/rebut/argue their responses. We simply wished to know if there WAS a line. The silence was deafenning. What we DO know for 100% sure is:

• Serial sexual assault is NOT the line
    • Suspected Monetary Fraud is NOT the line
    • Insurrection instigation is NOT the line
    • Lying is NOT the line
    • Election Fraud is NOT the line
    • Cheating is NOT the line
    • Homophobia is NOT the line
    • Racism is NOT the line
    • Support of white supremacists is NOT the line
    • Support of nations hostile to the US is NOT the line
    • Support of dictatorships hostile to the US is NOT the line

We 100% KNOW this is true because these are ALL FACTS. Facts that, in many cases, were straight from his own mouth. I added Suspected to the Monetary Fraud for fairness as this is still under investigation.

So when you are dealing with a mindset that deems the above to be acceptable then there is no "Enough is enough".

Honestly, I don't believe he will be convicted of anything. Simply because he has buffered himself too well and is willing to throw anyone and everyone under the bus. I doubt there is a single one of his ... fans who believes he is genuinely INNOCENT of anything I stated above. But, in their mindset, simply "getting away with it" is a WIN. And if that is where your moral compass points then what kind of person are you?

So, (As usual with me 😀) TLDR: His cult will follow him to the very very end. I stated previously that he is saying nothing new anymore so ALL the above are known for YEARS. So there is no "Well If I'd know THAT...." They are who they are and that is why they support him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,447 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I guess the abusive relationship will continue for another 2+ years as Trump rebounds in the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm more concerned with all the politicians who have amassed huge wealth on a modest politicans wage.

Like Pelosi and many others.

Trump was wealthy before becoming President.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm more concerned with all the politicians who have amassed huge wealth on a modest politicans wage.

Salary of $400k/yr

How did he make $1.6Bn on that salary then?

Seems like he should be right at the top of your shitlist for politicians whom have amassed huge wealth on a modest politicians wage.

Trump was wealthy before becoming President.

And if this is the paltry excuse: no, I don't think you'd say the same thing if President Bezos came into office and enriched himself off the presidency either. You'd want him excoriated.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump had a pretty terrible day in the Courts yesterday.

The Supreme court rejected his final attempt at blocking the House committee from getting his tax returns , they didn't even bother publishing an opinion. they just rejected it flat.

In New York , the Judge rejected yet another round of attempted deflections in the NY AG case and a trial date has now been set.

In Atlanta it looks like the Appeals court are going to overturn the various crazy rulings from Judge Cannon and ditch the Special Master etc. in the Mar a Lago documents case.

Back to New York and in the E. Jean Carroll case , Trump didn't even have a lawyer properly assigned to the case so the Judge was very much not happy. Likely that that case now goes to court as early as next February. Plus new laws in NY allow for Sexual assault victims to directly sue their alleged attackers so expect another case to come in on this one shortly.

And finally in the ongoing case in NY about the dodgy accounting Practices , his long time external accountant threw him under the bus in no uncertain terms under oath about how bad the shenanigans were under Trump.

And he still has the Special Council to deal with as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ahwell

He also asked Judge Cannon to unseal the Mar-a-Lago search warrant affidavit yesterday. It will, of course, ultimately be shot down, but will Cannon debase herself once again?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-asks-judge-unseal-mar-lago-search-warrant-affidavit-rcna58384

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Given the way the Appeals court judges talked about the "risk of the precedents being set" yesterday she might think twice about rolling over as easy again..

Justice Department have called Mike Pence to testify about January 6th.

Will he fight it or will he attend?

Watch for Trump to go off on one later today on Truth Social

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

TFG might do the 'exec privilege two-step' to slow it down, but he's lost those cases. Delay is all what it's about for TFG.

Interestingly this process started before the special prosecutor was appointed, so TFG can't blame him . Here is the non-paywalled version

Back up your statement about trump's wealth. And please stop lecturing people objectivity, my sides are going to split as a result from the ironic laughter

Forbes list is user submitted which both articles reference, but you should know that trump has been falsifying his entry for decades

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm all for investigating all sources of wealth beyond their salary. Their tax returns should be gone through for all irregularities, along with those of their family. By this, I mean insider trading, any large influx of cash or gifts and any jobs given to anyone that would normally require higher qualifications or experience.

One caveat that you might not like: This has to apply to everyone, not just people you don't like.

Did you read the article ?

Trump has spent much of his life – and his presidency – exaggerating his wealth.

In a “Summary of Net Worth as of June 30, 2014” that Trump released when he announced his presidential bid in 2015, Trump claimed to be worth $8.7 billion. “I’m really rich,” Trump said at his campaign announcement that year. “I have total net worth of $8.73 billion. I’m not doing that to brag. I’m doing that to show that’s the kind of thinking our country needs.”

A month after that initial assessment, the Trump campaign put out a release touting that his net worth had already risen substantially.

“Real estate values in New York City, San Francisco, Miami and many other places where he owns property have gone up considerably during this period of time,” claimed the release. “His debt is a very small percentage of value, and at very low interest rates. As of this date, Mr. Trump’s net worth is in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS.” (The ALL CAPS were in the original release because, well, it’s Trump.

Trump’s actual net worth in 2015 was $4.1 billion, according to Forbes.

So no the list isnt user submitted and Trumps valued as assessed by Forbes was 4.1bn , not the 8.73bn claimed by Trump.

Yet you are somehow claiming the man wasnt wealthy at all.

My sides are going to split as a result from laughter.

Again, none of his weath has been independently verified and his claims are not verified by forbes (please cite where they are), it's all based on what trump has claimed. Do you not read what the article says?

• Advertisement

Yes , Trump claimed he was worth 8.73m, Forbes said 4.1bn, I highlighted that above.

4.1bn, 8.73bn so what, still a billionaire, even if he was worth a fraction of that he would still be extremely wealthy.

Your argument is nonsense.

Forbes numbers are not verified, did you not read that in the michael cohen article?

Welllll. He's wealthy enough to pay lots of Hush Money. Let's just say that. He has so so SO many other repellent qualities other than inflating his..... wealth

Oh he claimed did he. That settles it. Trumps claims are empirical obviously. He definitely didn’t call into radio shows impersonating strangers to slather praise upon himself or anything either, like

can’t imagine the fallout if Biden did the analog of this.

veland Indians.[6]

In May 1984, "Barron" lied to then-Forbes reporter Jonathan Greenberg about Trump's wealth and assets to get Trump on the Forbes 400 list. "Barron" stated to Greenberg that "[m]ost of the assets [of Donald's father Fred Trump] have been consolidated to Mr. [Donald] Trump." In April 2018, Greenberg retrieved and made public the original audio recordings of his exchange with "Barron", and stated that "Trump, through this [Barron] sockpuppet, was telling me he owned 'in excess of 90 percent'" of Fred Trump's assets. Ultimately, Greenberg included Trump at the end of the Forbes 400 list at $100 million, one fifth of the $500 million which "Barron" was claiming as Donald Trump's net worth. According to Greenberg, Donald Trump was only ever worth just under $5 million, which was 5% of the net worth which was attributed to him by Forbes at the time and only 1% of what "Barron" was claiming.[7] Greenberg has corrected the record by stating that, as revealed in court documents in proceedings years later, Donald Trump never owned any of Fred Trump's assets until 1999 after Fred's death, and even then, inheriting only his share of Fred's deceased estate, with Donald Trump's three siblings and some grandchildren beneficiaries inheriting their corresponding shares.[citation needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,429 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The simplest way of establishing his assets and liabilities is his tax returns.

He has said when running he will disclose them.

He then fought for *years* to hide them.

At the very least, that, along with his habit of lying and exaggerating, means people have very good cause to be suspicious.

Maybe, there is no there there.

But by god does he give the strongest of impressions that there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He will no doubt refuse to give any interview without a subpoena.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The presidency has been, and if re-elected 2024, will once again be, a place for Trump to use the powers of the highest office to advance his personal interests, personal gains, and brand. Often placing those personal interests over those interests of the citizens who elected him, thereby damaging those people with long term affects.

Of course, between now and then, Trump will benefit the nighttime talk show hosts and SNL with plenty of material to laugh at. He is the commander in chief of fools.

Since the new ruling on statute of limitations on sexual abuse cases has come in to effect, E Jean Carroll has upgraded here case against trump

• Advertisement

Anyone noticed how much this thread has slowed down since the mid-terms? Hopefully The Donald will slowly become irrelevant again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement