Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

First AEW ppv in a while I haven't been bothered buying. I'll see what reaction to it tomorrow is and if it's got good reactions, I might buy it then.

There's honestly only two matches I've interested in on the card (Hobbs/Wardlow/Joe and Elite vs Death Trinagle). The others really don't hold much interest (MJF does by himself but I'm sick of Moxley matches).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn I love Eddie Kingston

I just have to quote this again

I f-ing love that man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

So happy the Kenny and the Bucks are back!

3 of the greatest of all time!

Don Callis is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Britt v Saraya was, understandably, an exercise in getting Saraya through it. She looked great in the sense of looking beautiful but as regards in ring she also looked like she was coming back from years off. Hopefully she keeps it going on Dynamite and Rampage in the months ahead and gets back in the groove.

• Advertisement

Brilliant PPV!

Wonderful nights entertainment!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony Khan knows how to do a PPV they never disappoint.

Carry On My Wayward Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great PPV, loved the trios and the main!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There wasn't a bad match on the card. Some great ones. In particular the trios match, the four way ROH match, the tag match. The womens' title match took a little while to get going but it turned into a great slugfest. Delighted Jamie won. Curious to see what happens with Regal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw the big result, got to love a heel William Regal

Is this the end of the BCC or just Moxley gone from it ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

at a guess, Regal and Yuta jump ship to stand with MJF. Mox heads off on his delayed vacation. Bryan and Cesar go their own way for a bit.

Awesome, awesome show.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

More of a casual AEW viewer and wouldn't watch it weekly but having a bad ass heel Regal and MJF as champion is very intriguing

Anything that has 'Carry on my wayward son' is good in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Great PPV if a bit predictable at times. Think we all saw the Regal turn coming but that doesn't make it bad, interested to see where it goes from here. BCC are probably done, feel like they could have been something much better but still.

Joe winning was probably the biggest surprise but totally understand it in retrospect, feel bad for Wardlow though, never really had anything to do as champ. Hayter and Storm put the other women's matches to shame by a long run, although my nitpicks would be that they sort of made Toni look a bit too invincible with all the shenanigans, wonder if she's going after Jade next. Also the interim thing needs to go, terrible idea. Really hope we're not just getting the predictable Jamie/Britt feud, glad to see the crowd got that moment of a Hayter win though.

Death Triangle/Elite was excellent and was a real feel good moment to have the Elite back, did love the conflict of using the hammer or not and though Tony often gets accused of being rigid in his booking, it was nice to see Death Triangle retained as I didn't think it would happen. That being said a 7 match series seems very excessive over such a short time.

Definitely some good set-up for the future and would hope this is an opportunity for AEW to reset a bit and gain back some of the momentum it seems to have lost over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hayter is the new No. 1 Contender. Any word on Rosa's return?

Joe as a double champ. Unify or separate defences?

What's the point of finishers when I think at least 3 matches had them being kicked out of multiple times by both competitors. Toni alone kicked out of nearly everything.

Jade as Cheetara.

Missed about half the back and forth between Hager and OC. They really shouldn't be relying on the mic holder to catch the audio.

What a superb PPV. That Trio's match was the match of the night for me, what a **** great match and so so so happy to see the Elite back and laughted at the **** CM Punk chant during the match

Best of 7 between Death Triangle & The Elite is going to be amazing.

Wayward Son was such a nice touch too

You'd expect that would cost a pretty penny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Were they chanting "Thank you Moxley"? After booing him the whole match?

Think Yuta and Bryan are the ones who could turn he'll heel to join. Claudio is a possibility with how he seems to get on with Regal but people just want to like him.

• Advertisement

Ultimo Dragon wants a match in AEW against Jericho

RoH Final Battle on the 10th, the same day as NXT Deadline. Looks like it's on just before it since Final Battle is due to start at 9pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Best of 7 is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion. Those matches are good once in a while, like at a PPV. But having it week after week after week after week after week after week for the rest of the year is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agree, not sure there's any match-up I'd want to see 7 times in such quick succession. Personally I also think finally having the Elite back and having them fight the same team 7 times over really puts off a lot of great potential matches we could have gotten if they were trios champs.

They also lost (not cleanly at least), why do they get 6 more chances? Definitely comes off as lazy booking to me and will be the ultimate indicator of how the Elite are a draw in ratings or not.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It was some show.

I had a 24-hour shift on Saturday and finished around 11, but was too zonked to stay up for 4 more hours, so I took to my chambers and got out of bed Sunday afternoon to start into it. 5 hours of wrasslin' to start your day is no bad thing :D

Loved getting to see Eddie Kingston wrestle his hero and it was a fun match in the zero Hour show.

The PPV was great The Trios title match was a standout - and we get 6 more! Happy days. Glad for Jamie Hayter and a bit shocked at Samoa Joe winning the TNT belt. Felt bad for Jade and Nyla, but someone had to go on after the trios match. Mox and MJF definitely delivered for me, can't wait to see what the fallout of it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it's just gonna be another 6 weeks of ripping the piss out of CM Punk, I might retract that statement. Carry on.

Another excellent nights entertainment!

Matt screwing up Buckshot Lariat had me rolling!

Can definitely see Punk coming back now and it will be epic!

I assumed they just decided to heel it up in Chicago, expecting to be booed anyway. And just read an interview yesterday Omega gave saying for people to move on.

So I encourage people to move away from it because there is no information to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I honestly don't know what's happening anymore. Taking their "trolling" of Punk at face value, they just proved everything he said about them was right ; immature clowns and have no business being in positions of power given Punk hasn't been cut loose yet, and can be as difficult as he wants to be.

I was defending Khan when it happened and how he was in such a difficult position, but he seems to have just said **** it and let these 3 muppets do what they want since coming back, and he'll just pay Punk what he has to. Embarrassing and I'll be very curious they see where they are in a year's time as a business.

• Advertisement

Was watching the latest BTE and the Bucks said they had been back for a number of weeks already, so not as long a suspension as thought.

Advertisement