Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

@joe1303l it will be interesting to see how the EV6 will hold its value compared to an ID4. I suspect it will be on par.

Even if the supply of more affordable EVs increased in next three years, you would think the EV6 should still do well at resale as there will be a big market for 3/4 year old EVs (in the SUV/Crossover segment) that are well equiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s really hard to predict what way it will go for any current EV’s. Lack of supply at moment should help with resale but if battery tech keeps improving in massive leaps, current EV’s could take a big hit. At the moment SUV shape/style is very popular and the ID.4 to me is a bit more SUV than the Kia. Less EV6’s than ID.4’s available though and that might also be a factor for residuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Changing the topic for a minute - looking for recommendations for a wireless carplay adapter for the EV6. I know some owners mentioned it here before, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Trying to see if heated rear seats can be added to the Earth model - as that's one of our favorite features from our e-Niro and we can't afford to pay an extra 10k for it (GT-Line). The lack of this option would make us go for a Model Y instead at 53k with heated rear seats.

Do you guys know if it's possible to add? - as KIA site says:

Add packages

Data on options and packages not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

You get a tow added or change colour, that's it. There is no real optionality with the EV6. Even in the UK Rear heated seats tied to a specific trim line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I guess that's the point of the different trim levels from Kia's point of view, have a few items that are must haves in the higher trim to hook you (for me it was the non-leather & ventilated (front) seats and the GT Line bodywork that push me up).

At the original 55k price that's all good. Not at 65k when I only need the heated seats and the price diff is now 10k :)

...and our current cheaper e-Niro has it which makes it very hard to swallow not to have it anymore.

Model Y at 53k and Ioniq5 at 54k both have heated rear seats too. Trouble is the wife likes the EV6 a lot more than the other 2.

But that's Teslas patented heating system involving real open flames. Most manufacturers avoid that approach.

Tbh it seems a very minor point to make a purchase decision on given how different the cars are.

The difficulty is though when you have a feature and are trading up and losing that feature. Particularly if it is one you use regularly. Heated seats would also be very important to the rest of my family - less so to me.

Having said that, in the Model Y, rear heated seats have to be switched on/off from the front.

Heated seats can be retrofitted but you’re probably looking at €500-€600 to get it done professionally. Might be worth it though to stay under the grant etc. Like all extras, you won’t get anything back of it when you sell but if you’re keeping the car for a couple of years it might be worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Just so you know

Kia Ev6 WLTP = 520KM (real world 410 according to evdb)

Tesla MY WLTP = 455KM ( real world 345 according to evdb)

Tesla has no V2L also

Does anyone use V2L?

I'm sure for some it will be more useful than heated rear seats, especially this winter. The option value is quiet high.

Well, it has to feel as a major upgrade going from the e-Niro, in order to spend a lot of extra money on it.

Since the e-Niro is weirdly still one of the most efficient electric cars and the range I could get in any new car really is still the 500km-ish City/300km-ish highway figure we already had in 2018 Hyundai/Kia tech, I don't feel like I'm upgrading at all. ...at least I don't want to lose a very convenient feature that we use a lot of the time.

Even if these figures are anywhere near correct, they don't make a difference to us as:

• Domestic: We use a fraction of that in a day here in Ireland
    • Abroad: When on a EU road trip, the Tesla wins shoulders down due to the supercharger network they have (we did a 6500km road trip in the EU with the e-Niro involving 10 countries and it required a lot more planning - and going out of our way - than it would have required with a Tesla). Opening up the supercharger network for non-Teslas is still not widely rolled out and they will only open up the not-so-busy chargers anyways / reportedly. Approx 60-70kms of extra range doesn't justify losing unrestricted access to the best charging network in the EU for me.

V2L: I only need 220V power inside the car, not outside the car. So would need to keep using the cigar lighter => 220V adapter I bought for the laptop anyways. I didn't look into this topic further though as I have it resolved already and it works great. I feel no need for improvement in this area.

Thank you. The dealership mentioned this option for me saying they'd need to bring in an external company to do it and it wouldn't be integrated into the doors like on the e-Niro/EV6 GT-Line, but somewhere else/aftermarket looking. That being said, it'd make a whole lot more sense than paying 10k for the KIA one - as long as it's done via the dealer and doesn't affect warranty (unconfirmed). ..the dealer then started talking some total nonsense about difficulties as it's an electric car and there's a battery underneath it so the external company might not be able to do it. I hope they aren't planning to drill a hole through the bottom of the car :)

There is a three pin plug inside the car as well under the middle rear seat. Look, it's Okay to just want a Tesla.

Dealer probably doesn’t want the hassle. I’d take delivery and bring it to someone like ICE in Ranelagh if it meant saving €9.5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Had to bring the EV6 back to the dealers today to have them assess the cracked headlights issue I was talking about a few pages back. Hopefully they acknowledge responsibility and replace them under warranty, won't know for a couple of days.

While I was there took a photo of the price list titled "January 2023 pricelist".

It means I would have paid €9,000 more for my earth had I waited. Eye watering prices imo.

What a weird price for the Earth. 60700.. That "just" puts it outside of the grant limit. So they absolutely had to have that 700 EUR no matter nobody will buy it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

I understand that includes the metallic paint and the grant still applies (not sure how compliant that is though).

Yeah, there seems to be some work around on metallic paint - like it doesn't count on the price of the car which is bizzare. The e-niros are on the list excluding grant.

It makes the other cars on the list (where there is no grant) like Xceed, Sportage and Niro Phev look quite expensive now. For the xceed PHEV, I understand you could have gotten it for under 30k (with grant) in 2021, for about 34k in 2022 and it will be over 38k in 2023.

This puts the price rise on the EV6 into context - as not being that bad and in line with price increases in the overall Kia range (of about 4k). Still great for anyone who bought last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Good spot.

700 quid less and it's a 55 k car for private customers.

If memory serves me correctly Hyundai claimed that the original Irish Kona 64 kwh price in 2019 didn't include 710 euro VRT. Because according to them they were absorbing the 710 themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Is the GT more expensive than the top of the range BMW i4 M50. That's a mad price!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

I have to say that Kia's pricing model is disappointing, but perhaps a reflection on supply and demand. Their approach to the e-Niro pricing is the same as the Sportage, basically increase prices across the board so that they really overlap with the next model up. The current Sorrento took a serious price jump or circa 10 K compared to the previous model and that price gap was nicely filled by the Sportage pricing. Roll on a few months and it's the exactly same scenario with the e-Niro and EV6. Anyone paying almost 52K for e-Niro would need their head examined.

Good to see I am sitting on an appreciating asset with the EV6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Full sheet from earlier

I wonder how many EV6 GT will arrive in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

My dealer told me the plan was that there'd be one per dealer, and that they'd no intention of selling it to anyone who wasn't a "local" (someone not within Wicklow basically). I can't even see Ireland getting that many to be honest.

Advertisement