Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Especially in Dublin, where we take pleasure in ignoring shitheads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Toy Show mention within 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is the Toy Show Radio Show today.

Fake email overload today.

4 kids - all under 8 at the time - who emigrated to Australia in the 1980s apparently missed the Toy Show.

They used to get video cassettes sent over of the show. Only problem with that story is EU video cassettes wouldn’t play in Australia, the US etc. as they used a different format.

• Advertisement

“Kids are boomerangs, they come back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Spitty mouth overload 🤢.

He really thinks everyone's life revolves around the toy show,

”The stencil of my face - it’s a beautiful thing”

A letter from a 9 year old who says “Ryan, you are the best toy show host ever”

EVEN IF THAT WASN’T FAKE, anyone with an ounce of self-awareness would have not read that part out.

• Advertisement

Ronald McFilth House mention again.

I wonder when he mentions this great facility, does he think of how he insulted the company who provided it?

"One more sleep to the Toy Show".

He is making it as big as Christmas Day now.

Well in his mind, I'm sure he thinks he is as important as Santa Claus to kids.

“the good ones do say thank you, I don’t need to hear it” he says of his visit to Ronald McDonald house. Why say it then?

Why mention that you visited it at all? Can you do anything without seeking praise for it?

"I don't like to talk about the great work I do for charity".

While talking incessantly about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭avfc1874

The good ones say thanks to him, wonder what he thinks of the ones who don't write a gushing letter.

Maybe they see through your falseness Tubs,

Another mention of his visit to St Finians school, cos he hasn't mentioned it for maybe 20min.

And another fake email.

"We have the name of the person who sent that in". Yeah of course you do Ryan.

I wonder when he reads about people deciding about the choice between food or coal, does he ever get slightly embarrassed about the money he gets for this waffle every day?

Why is the Toy Show so early?

25th November ffs!

Normally my kids and OH would have said that they wanted the Xmas tree up for the Toy Show. Yet not once has it been mentioned this year, cos even they know it would be daft to have the tree up so early.

Everyone in the world is getting ruder because of Trump!

Heard it all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

'Trevor in the van' while listening to one of his favourite songs has time to pull in his van safely, take his phone, find the shows phone number or email address and send in his message. All before the song finishes. Kudos to Trevor ! or as those 16 year old listeners might say....yeah right !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I know someone who works in the Ronald McDonald house who was there when Tubridy visited. She told me that Tubridy made a number of demands in advance of his impromptu visit. Really vain and diva stuff. Has a very low opinion since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭mattser

Nice to hear someone giving a shout out to the staff at UHL. It's usually mentioned with a whinge attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭amlinopta

It can't have been too "impromptu" if he submitted demands in advance

I'm surprised he didn't throw in "but thanks to Hilary and Nancy they're getting #kinder too"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

So the theme has been 'revealed' for tonight's Toy Show.

It's all over the radio and news sites this morning. And the Indo still mentioning his visit to St Finians during the week. He's getting great mileage out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Every single programme on RTE has been "on message" in recent days bigging up the Late Late Toy show. That I can understand but why Newstalk ?? Although Shane Coleman came out with this gem: "People consider The Late Late Toy Show as the start of the Christmas season, well it is in Ryan Tubridy's mind anyway". The positivity was soon cranked back up to 11 though eulogising Tubridy as a "great entertainer" and likening him to Hugh Jackman!!!

He's just been on Morning Ireland and I can feel the smug from here

Bah, humbug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I thought I might escape the Toy Show hysteria by listening to BBC Radio Ulster this morning. But it is all over Radio Ulster as well.

Advertisement