Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Ah yes,a sidestep,that amounts to a tacit admission no court,hears evidence before it's admissibility has been decided🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't think that is true. I am sure that there have been many instances where evidence has been ruled out after it was heard. You might set out the legal precedent with links to various legal journals that clarify your point. Otherwise, I will consider it wishful thinking on your part.

Hmm,I've neither said,nor insinuated either position

No tangled web collapsing,I've remained inside confines of facts and logic,while you have resorted to fantasy and silliness,as you struggle with depth of subject matter and need to rely on reductive arguements,as regards my position, to muddle through🙂

No, you have danced around and around without making any sense, and when anyone pins you down, you refuse to move outside of ambiguity and confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Well Griffith's SF party disappeared but the unrelated SF party that was formed from the Irish Volunteers is still very much political since it's currently in government in the Dail.

• Advertisement

Except of course I haven't🙂

Just you have felt need to lie and misrepresent my point of view,on variety of subjects,and when queried you resort to victim blaming,as opposed to taking responsibility for the poor quality (or utter fantasy)of your posts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

And which is why, recent public pronouncements by Sinn Féin on immigration / international asylum matters is puzzling. Are the leaders out of step with their membership?

It is an anomaly, but some of the statements prevaricate. They see votes from immigrants as a route to power, but they will pull up the drawbridge behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They are as you well know it. The real irony is you are very fond of using the phrase non-sequitur. Yet constantly use to stifle argument when you are cornered.

You only have to look at your profile picture to see your mindset in conjunction with your many nonsensical posts. Laced with contradictions, half truths aimed to misguide. And avoid even the most valid simple questions.

Just to clarify your profile picture at the moment is cartoon of a man in baseball cap, complete with black scarf masking the face and sunglasses. I leave it up to others to draw conclusions as to why you do so

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

But has there been cases,where evidence admissibility is contested,but it's entered/heard irregardless,before admissibility has been decided??

Many have had evidence thrown out afterwards after appeal on it admissibility...ie Graham Dwyer....never heard tell of a court ploughing on hearing disputed evidence,before deciding on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Except they aren't,I engaged with the point/issue raised,and responded in depth....for some reason,you have decided any qualitions/clarifications are non-sequiters....which is hilarious in how wrong you have got this🙂

Whereas you quoted posts,and ranted on completly unrelated to the post content or even engaged with the post content of which you quoted,and have evidently been personally hurt,when it was pointed out it was a non-sequiter

I have avoided no basic questions either,what I have avoided is attempts to have me represent/speculate someone else's point of view,unlike yous,who are happy to issue/speculate threats against other posters on behalf of saoradh

Hahahaha,my profile picture,is the icon off the Celtic ultras discord page🤣🤣,really,if this is level of ad hominem,you have to resort to,it's simply silly stuff ,which solely highlights your inability to engage with anyone who dare and disagree with you politely 🙂

Not at all....labour party through and through,hard to believe now with where they are politically.....I used to have a copy of the old pic of serving king,not kaiser but Ireland from 1916,as my social media background!!

Dwyer disputed the evidence but the court ploughed on.

Really? And your profile picture doesn’t echo something else in the context of this thread? I won’t get into the debate of the contradiction of pretending to be ‘more Irish’ in the support of a British club.

Which is really more akin to the paddy whackery aimed at tourists in Dublin IMO. Like Carroll’s shop for instance. Or the former Republican pub - ‘players lounge’ in fairview. It is now a burnt down cliche.

The fact you ‘support’ Celtic and avid interest and defence of all republicans. Is another part of the cliche.

But you enjoy it is part of the culture you identify with, but it doesn’t explain the nonsensical defences you make of many strands of Republicanism.

However, in fairness to you have in past posts you have found amusement in SF criticising Saoradh. So at least there is that. People can draw their own conclusions from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

I think this will open a can of worms here.

are we finally going to see a total unravelling?

not just for SF, but also for the other Hutch links...which are covered in Paul Williams book.

I wonder are we going to get anything more juicy related to SF in the audio tapes today? I’m starting to wonder who these senior republicans they met were.

But the court had ruled it admissibility,but was overturned,whereas here the judges haven't ruled on its admissibility,but ploughed on irregardless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The line been taken by SF is very much out of step with their membership and likely base vote. So what's the soft/inclusive line about?

I think it shows however that they believe this element of the electorate is essentially 'sewn up' for the next election. The soft/inclusive line is clearly designed to appeal to the younger, middle class liberal vote. They need to break into that market to get over the line in the next election, and presenting as the 'party who cares' is a big ploy in this regard.

For this same reason SF have already tried to hijack LGBT rights agenda with some success, and built a campaign on the Irish language to appeal to that sensibility. This is an extension of that tactic. It might prove to be a misstep though, as more people are likely to feel threatened by unfettered immigration in their midst, than changes to marriage law. Still, the govt is stuck on a similar course and Labour offer no credible left-alternative as they have a more liberal line on these issues.

What is interesting though, is you now see a bit of 'playing both sides' starting to emerge. The headline media-driven SF spin is inclusivity and concern, however the latest round of SF 'town hall' meetings has allowed more posturing on the 'need for control' to be touted at local level. This is being masked as a 'housing issue' in communities, as was seen in Waterford the other night. SF - the bleeding heart NIMBY party.

I've never pretended to be more Irish than anyone else born in eire🙂

I haven't said I support Celtic either,I don't blindly support anyone/position,just the pic is the icon of its ultras discord page🤔,(it's good for progressive politics,and memes!)

And where have I made non-sensecical defences of anyone,my input has remained entirely within realms of fact and logic, whereas you've needed to rely on ad hominems,to anyone not falling in line with your rather extreme and dogmatic position....it may perhaps be something for yous to reflect upon,as you mature into adulthood 👌

• Advertisement

It won’t though because of the layers of SF and the way it works. SF can get away with stuff other politicians can’t.

They have a certain ‘message’ for the NI base and hardliners in the ROI and they have a ‘softer’ message for the middle class in the ROI as was rightly pointed out.

SF know there is a whole voting generation that do not remember the troubles and SF duplicity. That is where they want the votes. The fact that the arse has long fallen out of Labour, and PBP are a student Union type loony fringe opened a vacuum.

It has caused a clear opening for SF to fill the gap on the left.

To be honest much like how Labour in 1918 stepping aside has played into SF hands. How Labour has gone now has resulted in similar results for SF.

Now I know one poster in particular @[Deleted User] is not a fan of centrist governance. But I would argue over the foundation of the Irish State it has served Ireland very well.

I believe we will see SF become more centrist as they try to get power- and keep it.

I also think that is a credit to Irish democracy that SF has HAD to change to slowly move on. The Irish people should take credit for this not SF.

And eventually SF will slowly leave the rhetoric that @endoftheroad and @[Deleted User] are so fond of. And they will become relics of a bygone mindset. It will be just a thing heard on the barstools in Republican/Celtic pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭mikethecop

i think its become clear that you position here is nothing more than to attempt to provoke other postors and a sloppy effort at best

you make these silly statements and when called to back them up or clarify you back away from clearly stating your position and veer off into vague " i didnt say that" bs , you wont even clarify what football team you support 😂😂😂

with that in mind your credibility and relevance is reduced to zero and your not worth interacting with.

at the end of the day your the online version of drunk at a bar in a 80 euro Celtic jersey drinking his dole giving out about the brits and dreaming about fighting the government but lacking the balls and motivation to get off his stool . you make noise till some one confronts you then you slink away

the embodiment tof a stereotype I've meet in person many times

Nothing quite like a personal attack,when unable to discuss the subject matter 🙂

If I'm reading this correctly,your mouthing off at me, because I didn't say something 🤷..... surely you must concede such critism is at best, irrational

You were asked to explain the difference between the New Ira, the old IRA and the PIRA, and you said there was no difference.

You have previously supported what the PIRA did, yet you deny that you support the killing of Lyra McKee, meaning that the sentence above was a lie.

That sums you up, changing with the wind, making statements that you walk away from. Come clean and tell us what you really believe.

Except of course,I said support pira over arching campaign,not blindly support anyone/any sports team etc (feel anyone with normal social skills would be the same)

Quite why you choose to lie as regards this and continuely lie as regards my position,is beyond me,then get upset and lashout,when your lies are pointed out,is perplexing🙂

just stating the facts blazz and what every one else sees you doing

if you think you won something here, well then that sort of proves my point doesn't it

youve never tried to discuss anything rationally just school yard pedantic crap and most adults here are out of patience with that

No verifiable facts were listed in that post,just some weird ad hominem,devoid of any positive contribution to the discussion

I'm happy to discuss within realms of facts and logic,and with anyone who is polite and not those who lie about my position,to coverup their poor knowledge of subject matter,a criteria you seem increasingly unable to rise to🙂

lol you cant even honestly state what party you support mate , 🙄

back to spin class for you 😄😄

I don't support any party,as there is none I agree 100% with....why would I (or anyone)support someone (or anything) I/they disagree in part with🤷

• Advertisement

With the privacy function removed you can look at people's past posts. That posters one is illuminating @[Deleted User] and you can put two and two together on such issues.

Advertisement