Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Acres scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

I am assuming as Riperian?

My understanding is no. It would have to have been declared as grass land on last years bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Does anyone know the link to the Geese and Swan mapped areas. I'm trying to find out if our lake is in the catchment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭tanko

Acres deadline extended for two weeks to December 5th

@tanko Thanks for the update.

Initially I dismissed the scheme cause I reckoned it wouldn't suite us but our Ag advisor is trying to persuade us so the extra time will give us time to work on our potential options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I get the impression there is a poor up take on this scheme as a lot of advisors seem to be on to lads trying to talk them into joining. It doesn't suit me but my advisor is trying to tell me it does, I have gone back to him with question on the fert I will be allowed to spread and what other works are needed around streams so I am awaiting his reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

All T&C to comply with each measure are online save you hassle of waiting for call.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Can one apply and then withdraw if doesn't suit. I got no details from advisor. Hen harrier area

AFAIK you can, if you don't get paid you don't have to pay it back. You'll have to pay your planner I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Could be time to let the hare sit with this one.typical of them to have a stupidly short open window for applications for a scheme, many with question's & concerns on things that might be a bad pick for a individual farm.

Advisors overwhelmed no doubt with enquiries & questions, some which may have unclear answers as of yet, while trying to put plans together for others.

23 year's in environmental schemes here,none have seemed as questionable as this one.a great chance missed by them to maintain previous good efforts with these schemes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

For those who aren't going to apply but who are in Glas at the moment (or were anyway), am I right in thinking yere grants will be down next year and well down in some cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Glas finishes this year so unless you go on to ACRES then yes, you’d be down whatever you were getting from glas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea I can’t get in touch with my advisor. So don’t think I’m going to get into first tranche.

actually don’t mind. Think I will take the year out to put in a few shores in a field that was in lipp over the past few years. Might grow cereal for a bit of rotation.

Glas was good to me and got the 5k a year but the most I can get in the new one is 3k. The spending power of 3 k is getting refined and don’t think I’ll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭kk.man

Yes well down especially with a rapidly sinking basic payment. All gone from the East to the west. I'm going very intensive now that acres scheme is the greatest load of b. I actually can't wait to top n manure my fields to max output. I don't have to be looking over the shoulder and can take cuts when grass is heavy.

I'll tell you in a couple of years was it a right decision. I have no choice as my land would be classed as very good. I have no issues with doing environmental stuff but I need an incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

If you are planning to go in for tranche 2 acres, and are planning to put in cereals - as far as I know you can only submit land for low input grassland/extensive grassland in ACRES on land that was declared as pasture land in the previous BPS…

Maybe it won’t affect you, or maybe just something to keep in mind…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Silverdream

looks like theres a poor enough uptake on the acres scheme so far. Too little time for planners for the ones who want to join, then there's a big cohort of farmers that are not going to get nailed down to a restrictive poorly paying after costs scheme

Talking to our advisor and he said that we could put in one of our GLAS wbc areas along with another area of LIPP as a riparian zone. This is why I wanted to include the scrub area along the lake but I'm still waiting for an answer on it considering that the scrub area is also the same parcel number as the main LIPP area that was submitted for the SFP for years. The wbc part has a lesser payment of slightly over €1,200/ha cause it's classified as tillage whilst the LIPP area is paid at over €1,500 odd/ha. I can't remember the exact figures. It appears that there is a better payment to leave the GLAS wbc areas fallow under the scheme then actually replant them for €1,000/ha including costs.

Post edited by Base price on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Is there a fallow option in ACRES?

I must check that out…

Just looked it up there - didn’t realise it was an option @Base price

Seems that you need to put in a cover crop during the summer. It kinda seems to be the same thing as WBC to me, different dates for sowing and maybe different things to sow maybe…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Am I right in saying in the new CAP, farmers will have to join two eco schemes? This is new requirement right?

So you have conditionality which are just the basic rules and then need to pick two schemes to get rest of your BPS (BRISS) payments?

ACRES is one scheme isn't it?

No, BISS and the Eco Scheme are Pillar 1 payments. ACRES is a completely different scheme funded from Pillar 2. You don't need to be in ACRES to get BISS or Eco scheme payments.

Just on BISS, something to look for on agfood or ask your advisor but you need 4% space for nature.

If you have 7% space for nature that qualifies as one Eco scheme measure (you will need two), 10% qualifies as two measures. But there are other measures besides those which you can do to get your Eco scheme payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭amacca

I've probably asked this before but if your advisor has put in an application for ACRES do you see that in agfood under expressions of interest?

I remember looking before and thinking calling it an expression of interest is not exactly definitive an application is made...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

It will say a submission has been made but no further info. Think it’s in the section Ag schemes expression of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Thanks. So you do need two eco scheme to get your BISS payment? So for example a farmer with marginal land, scrub etc would probably not need to do anything as it would likely hit 10% of land cover and qualify as two eco schemes.

Pillar 1 is mandatory basically if you want to get your basic payments which most farmers survive on.

Pillar 2 is optional then?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Anyone else having issues with Teagasc? Got one email from my advisor over a week ago querying whether I was even entitled to be in the scheme and when I cleared that up nothing. I've been emailing, texting and calling regularly but no reply bar that for the last 6 weeks.

Glas makes up over a third of my grant payments so if I don't get in here I'm down a lot. I'm in a coop area too which I thought would make it slightly easier. Do I still have the option of getting a private to consultant to submit on my behalf if I can get one at this stage?

I'm not an advisor and I'd suggest you really should talk to yours tbh. As I understand it, to get BISS and the full Eco scheme payment you'll need a minimum 4% space for nature, and fulfil two eco scheme measures OR have a total of 10% space for nature.

You don't need to be in ACRES. All that'll happen is you miss out on the potential ACRES payment.

All of CAP is optional. No play no pay.

Are you registered on Agfood - if so, log in and on the left hand side of the screen you will see various options. Scroll down to the 11th option - Direct Payments (BPS/Greening/SPS) click on it and it opens a new screen. On the right hand side of that screen you will see your farms score in %'s it's called Eco-Scheme Space for Nature. If your score is over 10% then you are automatically included iykwim.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Diarmuid B

I’m up in 24.5% SFN, was not expecting it to be so high!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

A quarter of your land is SFN. Seems very high.Have you a lot of small fields of side ditches? You will not have any work to do to collect your BISS payments

Advertisement