Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News part 4 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Diaz Ferguson would be even better.

Tony actually showed in the Chandler fight in R1 that he's not entirely past it. Diaz is the absolute perfect match up for both guys.

Of course it was getting him closer to a title fight.

UFC were giving him a 'gimme' fight.

He was the UFC's newest golden boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,817 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nate vs tony official, that will be a fun one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm so glad this match up was made and chimaev holland will be a fun fight now, would love to see Holland win somehow...

I wasn't looking forward to seeing Nate beaten around the place

It's a far better card now in fairness.

Hell I'd love to know Nate's before and after purse.

I hope Hokey Holland absolutely obliterates Chimaev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a crap card and Chimaev got what he wanted. It's very clear there was something going on, the big grin on his face when his weight was called tells you that.

Holland will be out of there in the first three minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Something very dodgy with all this if I’m honest. Khamzat knows once Nate makes weight his contract is satisfied. He can contractually decline to fight and walk away, because of the missed weight, into the sunset. which is what he wanted to begin with, he doesnt want to fight khamzat.

The missed weight is for one reason and one reason only, to pressure the UFC into giving Khamzat Holland @ the 180 catch weight. The UFC wont bail on the card too much money is invested at this point and Khamzat knows it.

Hes never missed weight as a lifetime wrestler, this was no accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Now that main event will be a cracker, so much better this card is.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

I read 250k for the Chimaev fight, no win bonus, and guaranteed he probably got another healthy per centage of that on top to take the Ferguson fight and save the event. Nate held all the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Elias Theodorou has passed away after a battle with cancer, only 34 years old. Very sad news, he was fun to watch and seemed like one of the nicer guys in the sport too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

Why did he leave the UFC, was he sick a long time ? Had a good few wins I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not too sure tbh, only saw it on Twitter this morning that he died, hadn’t heard his name in a good while.

Just read that he’d been ill for some time but kept it all private, which is understandable. Even since leaving the UFC, he fought as recently as last December and won too. It’s horrible to see how suddenly and sharply cancer can tear you down, and by the sounds of it, he had liver cancer that spread which is a really horrible form of the disease by all accounts.

Just a word on his ventures outside of the cages, he was the first professional athlete in history to receive a TUE for medicinal cannabis and he fought hard for years to make that happen, not just for him, but all athletes in general. I know that won’t seem like a big deal to many, but it really is going to benefit a lot of young sportsmen and women down the line with the benefits of such products becoming much more widely acknowledged over the last couple of years. It’s a pretty cool legacy to leave IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Post edited by Brussels Sprout on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mark Hunt managed to TKO Sonny Bill Williams in boxing. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Rumble Johnson passed away today, fecking hell - only 38

• Registered Users Posts: 29,817 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw that, shocking. Read that he was fighting a serious illness in 2021, wonder if it's the same or something else. Way too young. R.I.P Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Terrible news about Rumble RIP!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One of the last of his kind, a pure knock out artist, only ever lost a fight by submission. I saw him knock out Glover in 13 seconds in Vegas. RIP so young and all I ever read he was a great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

You haven't read much. Multiple convicted domestic abuser. A famous case of him verbally abusing a gym goer and used a stolen credit card

All in all, a pretty **** comment on guy that has just passed away at the age of 38

• Advertisement

Nah most people haven't assaulted their partners multiple times

Most people aren't raised by their grand parents in a city with one of the highest crime rates in the country.

Then again most people don't go on to fight for UFC titles

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

Looks like Jiri suffered a very nasty injury. He's after vacating the belt. Jan v ankaliev for the belt now. Glover didn't want to fight for it on short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Plenty of good fights on this PPV so I won't mind watching, but its going to do very poor numbers PPV wise.

Glover was happy to fight Jan which strikes me as a more appealing main event than Jan v Ankaleev.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/92214-ufc-282

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

God the LHW division Is gone to muck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seems to be a pretty decent division standard wise you had Jan who isn't the best LHW beat the MW champion with relative ease,

That would leave you to believe its a strong division

UFC doesn't really push any of the LWH fighter because there not form the US & are quite quite personalities ,

They always go on about the LW division but to me its poor , the likes Chandler ,Justin ,Daruish are all far from stellar , Still not sold on Charles either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hi,

Not sure if this is the thread for it, but hooking someone might be able to advise. Looking for suggestions on where to buy training gear/accessories for someone who is into BJJ. Can anyone recommend?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Spot on about LW.

I don't get the fuss at all.

Advertisement