Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Think its just hear and hoganstand, think there's a site called tfk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

Twitter has taken over as a forum as such

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Moderators please intervene. Personal attacks against other good posters here by a couple of schoolyard bullies

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going back to actual GAA talk

Any news from the Waterford camp now that training is permitted again. Aussie a big loss if he's in fact 'taking his time' coming back. The Ballygunner lads obviously with the club and maybe players from the other clubs who were involved in Munster not back fully yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

A couple of Warnings issued.

Thank you to those that Reported the posts in question.

Repeated Warnings in this thread Will lead to a ThreadBan.

Any issues, PM only, do not Quote or Reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ballygunner would not be that loved within the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭seananigans

I am somewhat biased given my grandfather was ballygunner and if you trook the o'sullivan's out of the team they would have no success.even the hutchinsons grew up playing hurling in passage in the back garden of my great aunt nora barry(nee o'sullivan)

having said that , they have won our first club ai , they are driving standards across the board ,they compete at senior i'm and junior , any club want to be champions have to up their game what use is it being say monaghan hurling champions ? fact is if you can't cut it in waterford you won't cut it outside of waterford

Post edited by seananigans on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Yeah great posts here. All credit to Ballygunner and their management. They shocked Na Piarsaigh after halftime. The guy midfield..fairly tall is it leavey. The Limerick supporters iv spoken to love that guy. He got a few dunts off William O Donoghue,took em.and was abit shaken for a while but second half he was majestic. Its fellas like him that ll win ye the All Ireland. Dessie,Fitzgerald and Hogan will put the icing on the cake. Limerick most important player is O Donoghue. Don't tell anyone. We keep it quiet.

That Ballygunner management is miles ahead of Davy Fitz and Cahill. Do ye think for a minute that Kinnerk would fear any game plan of fitzys or Cahill? Shur Cahill is a one trick over lapping pony and Davy is a similar but more defensive.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I wouldn't agree with this at all. cahill far from a one trick pony he's very divisive alright but a top class manager.

I wouldn't put Davy in the Same planet as him and he's far from my cup of tea but in Waterfords position as they are now it could work. He normally gets a bounce for a Yr or two from his new team that bounce might be the difference for this Waterford team.

For me Waterford are limericks biggest challengers next yr I do think we are still in a very strong position with in effect 3 new players as in o Neill casey and lynch fighting for starting positions plus others that will feel its their time but again no easy matches in munster going to Waterford in our first game is a tough one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭decies

I saw a limerick newspaper on Facebook after gunners win saying Waterford would be limericks nearest challenger . Honestly think we are back down at base camp and have to prove ourselves all over again . Am bit worried apart from all rumours what the hell happened them in championship. Would much have preferred a clearing of the air rather then hints hear and there from players .Regarding our county hurlers the minimum we need to see is for them to get out of Munster and that is going to be a tough task . The reality is this limerick team isn’t going away anywhere yet soon and even a 90% limerick team is good enough to beat any others . But progress we have to see and with what happened last season Davy is on a very short leash . In theory the schedule of home and away grounds in Munster championship should be better for us , but my god they need to take advantage of that

Cahill did a serious job with Waterford for the vast majority of his time case point 2020&21 championships, with the benefit of hindsight made massive errors in the aftermath of the Limerick game this year if the reports of intense training are to believed, Christy o'connor called it accurately on Colm Parkinson's podcast recently, he clearly didn't rate Cork and taught they beat them regardless of the intense block of training.

No but it’s natural given their dominance no one wants to see one team dominate a championship.

But ill always support them in the Munster championship as I would any other Waterford team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭decies

Sunday Times good article in sports section

Bring back the Hoops

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

without being arrogant I genuinely don't think limerick were at 100% obviously we were missing lynch and casey but outside of that I know for a fact gillane and hayes weren't right for the final v kilkenny though to be fair hayes couldn't have been better.

if fitz gets Waterford right in mind and physically ye have the material to be there or thereabouts we certainly couldn't have a tougher opening match and if it goes like it has for last few years we could be vulnerable

I fully expect Waterford to be good this year . But dunno how good .I just don't think Davy has the gameplan. It ll be too negative. It ll be all about shutting down the opposition. Waterford are a flair county. They are best on the front foot attacking. At least Cahill knew that much.

Munster is a minefield. Kilkenny have it awful easy over in leinster. If Limerick lose down in Walsh Park they are in trouble straight away. There are no guarantees. Ryan over Cork...thats a big deal. He's astute.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Davy will want to win everything so expect a full on go for the Munster league

Fitting enough the man to stop us winning back to back league titles could be the man to win us back to back league titles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

How can people be so certain that cark’s new manager is going to be the ‘dogs b0ll0cks’……..is it not his first year at inter-county?

If Davy goes all out for the Munster league and National league then it would be an error. A huge one. I think that naturally he would like to do that but he can't ignore what happened last year.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

I very much doubt davy intends in going all out for the league. He’ll be looking at players and trying to figure out his best team. Knowing Davy there will be a few obligatory curveball positional switches of key players to contend with aswell. There will be a lot of trialing and testing before we know how this is all going to work out

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

The hooped jersey & the team in the picture is actually the Mount Sion CBS that won the 1953 Harty Cup, of which Martin Óg Morrissey was captain & Frankie Walsh played on

(From the article)

'Limerick’s four-time All-Ireland SHC winning captain Declan Hannon and Waterford star Austin Gleeson will launch Eir's new agreement on Wednesday'

Sounds promising that Aussie is sticking around for 2023 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Good interview with Aussie on Newstalk this evening (available on podcast). He said there's a good buzz in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

only the few resident idiots here on this forum sprouted the rumour that he was off to OZ. pure childish stuff altogether.

Not much time off for whoever wins the weekend. The All Ireland Semi Finals fixed for December 17th/18th

Ballygunner/Ballyea vs Ballyhale/Kilmacud Crokes

St Thomas's vs Slaughtneil/Dunloy

2-3 week gap between games is optimum, the old way of a December provincial final and February semi final was crazy in hindsight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Best of luck to Ballygunner today. Hopefully will be a great match.

Advertisement