Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Of, never mind, the gameplay in WL qualifiers is toxic in comparison to rivals 😂

Yikes…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Think I'll just focus on the Swaps for the next few weekends.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The game play is so bad right now I think I'll do the same. Not interested in WL at the moment, even thinking about it makes me go all sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah it’s all run down the wing with Vini/Mbappe and cut back.. I’m just sticking with rivals / swaps. They’ve fucked the FUT champs rewards anyway for WC so there’s no incentive at all to play it.

• Advertisement

I'm just going to focus on Swaps for the time being so I've sold Yaya, Marchisio and Lucio so have just over 2 million in the bank.

Going to invest it all into 85 rated fodder at around 7.5k.

Last time they were required for an SBC, they ended up hitting 12k. Even if they hit 10k it would be a very tidy profit and there's currently a 7k difference between 85's and 86's, which is way too much to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So, ahhh, bought this piece of **** one night whilst under the influence, I mistakenly thought at that time in the morning that there was to be a World Cup mode :(

Anyway, it's crud, I've tried both consoles, I'm still crud too.

Anyhoo, I actually came on again to say..... I love these WC swaps objectives. Easy accessed in the main, on the main, whatever. Suits me down to the ground. Don't understand new chemistry, don't need to, just score first :) :)

If you don't then go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's such a cop out. It was wide open for them to finally put promo cards as the rewards and they even managed to F that up. Even if they didn't want to give good cards out to everyone you could tier it. Max 87 9 wins, Max 89 11 wins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

with those stats are anything like it for sure.

• Advertisement

L/L workrates will destroy the card. They really need to change that as his gold and POTM are unusable because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone whose been stocking up in 88 fodder is in the money now, that Hero SBC has sent the prices to the moon.

Meanwhile I still have close to eighty 84 rated IFs in my trade list since mid-October. 😅

They were 26k even this afternoon, now 46k.

Absolute madness!

That's the great thing about fodder investing this year. One SBC that has the specific requirement and they fly.

I've gone 2m deep into 85's at 7.5k a pop. It looks disastrous as they've dropped to 6.5k now as people are panic selling them as they weren't required tonight, but one SBC that requires 85's and they'll easily hit 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Marquez from the WC Hero SBC, anyone used him? Might try him at CB.

im Not paying 60k for a Kroos, to get back a Crouch.

Tried some of the new, big Hero cards over the last few weeks.

Lucio - top class on both old gen and new gen. A game changer at CB. I paired him with RB Alaba and I feel that's as close to the perfect CB partnership you'll get until TOTS. I'll definitely buy him back when either his price drops or my fodder cashes, but he's one of the few really expensive cards that I would say is easily worth the coins.

Yaya - one of the most disappointing cards I've used considering how much he costs. I was thinking he'd have something like a Vieira/Guillit impact, but he was constantly going missing for me, both as a B2B and a stay back CDM. Must be the M/M workrates. How he is that price is beyond me, and now that lengthy isn't as effective on new gen he's even less effective than he was. But admittedly I've never had joy with M/M CM's.

Marchisio - I have mixed feelings. He has the perfect stats, workrates and body type for a B2B CM, but I never felt like he was worth close to the 600,000 he currently goes for. Half that, okay. But for 600,000 when the market is as poor as it is, you really expect a total game changer for that price and Marchisio just wasn't it for me. One game he's dominant and the next 3, he's hardly noticable.

Honestly, I know they'd be more effective in better hands, but Gold Llorente and Gold Kessie are genuinely having more or less the same impact as a CM pairing than Yaya and Marchisio ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Capdevilla in mine… not bad value wise, kind of boring tho as I’ve just gotten red Mendes from champs who I absolutely adore - both gold and IF.

I've tried a few players as B2B CM and I keep coming back to gold Barella. He's the only gold card left in my team at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

got him myself and haven't looked back since. Holding his own in champs qualies and division 2 rivals against the Keanes and Mbappes.

Had a good day trading so did it. Got Nakata. Not sure how I feel about that, cause I’m loaded on CAMs.

Due to the fact Neymar and Mbappe have specials in packs, there are currently no available gold cards in packs worth more than 100k….

i bought that 250k pack, complete waste. I got Ruben Dias and then the other 99 cards were 84 or below.

Actually raging.

And champs is disgusting. Like playing pinball at 100mph.

Has anyone done the 84x20x3 packs yet? I’m on 19 tokens so could open them shortly, and given all the SBCs out currently, will probably do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Since the patch I swear every opponent has scored at least double whatever their xG is, just had an opponent with 1.7xG score 5.

Did it myself, nothing too special but it did give me a lot of high rated fodder so I got Van Persie done with that. Best pulls value-wise were IF Valverde and IF Cancelo, but loads of 87+ players and enough 89s and 90s to make it worth it.

While my luck was nothing to write home about in those packs, I did manage to pack a tradeable IF De Bruyne who’s gone straight into my team. Currently sells for 270k but he was going for close to 500k a few days ago before coming back into packs.

Then I saw the 300k Black Friday pack pop up and made a bad late night decision to buy a few points, 100 rare players, surely I’d get something decent? And for once I did, Mid Del Piero, officially the first time I’ve ever packed an Icon that wasn’t guaranteed. He’s untradeable but he’s just gone straight into the team for Baby Zola so he should stay in the team until TOTS at least.

Had to make a few changes to my team with the new additions so I’m running this now as a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow in-game, only Bruno G and the back line stay the same:

And by the way, Van Persie is utterly fantastic. His pace will make most people look away and never even think about doing him, but those people are fools.

Only played about 10 games with him so far but he finishes everything, inside or outside the box. I know they nerfed the trivela shot, but seemingly nobody told this Van Persie card. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah a few a weeks ago I was finishing 14-5 pretty easily, now I can't even score a goal idk what's happened to me, I can't even get the ball ffs I'm playing vs 65% possession every game.

• Advertisement

It’s gone the other way for me. Latest patch suits a tiki-taka, one touch pass and move style of play which has always been the way I’ve played FIFA. So my results have improved quite a bit lately and I’m finding it easier to keep possession than before.

Pace and passing are the only ratings that matter now in midfield, you can put absolutely anyone in there as long as they’re quick and can play a decent through ball.

Advertisement