Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I was able to register - you have to match the name exactly like is on your current bill - mine included an & for example between two names. Although I have a DAY / Night meter - so it only shows my meter reading history - no consumption data = no smart meter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frisbee!

Got first Energia bill with FIT payment on it, although it's for less units than our smart meter says we've exported so I guess that means the installer was slow about sending the NC6 form to ESB and we're getting paid for exports from that date rather than from Feb. Did just get a call from energia about renewing with them as my contract is up in Dec (yikes, i missed when all the suppliers discounts went from ~40% to 10%!) and I think I'll move to SSE, pretty much the same unit rates and discounts but the FIT is 24c vs 18c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I am presuming if you only have a smart meter as I don't only day/night and I thought they might put up the estimated export....but alas no😥

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Got no reply on my question, I guess no one knows what will happen! I will be guinea pig in march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

I switched from EI to Energia, EI informed me when they start paying out FIT they will pay from Feb till Day I left them my estimated export. Waiting on my next bill to see what happens with Energia. I can see my 200 euro government credit but no sign of FIT value yet.

I would expect ESBN networks should be telling provider type of meter you have - given its ESBN who would be telling suppliers your current meter reading values

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

So got all set up with https://myaccount.esbnetworks.ie/

I have the grand total of two or three weeks of solar export data from early this year and nothing for the last 7 or 8 months. The meter might be the smartest meter on the planet but if it doesn't get a chance to talk back to HQ it's just a dumb box.

Comms level 1 and likely to remain so.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Many thanks for posting the link to the ESB Networks account page. I was able to register ok and see data from the month of install on.

The 'Power contributed to the grid' on my account looks way off though. Some days show a higher 'Active Export Interval' than Solis say I generated. Wouldn't know which of them is wrong. Will see what comes through in the FIT payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any way of pulling all the export total together for a month? Only seeing daily graphs and the half hour interval hdf file would take months to add total up.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

If you open the excel file and click on the column heading (C), down in the bottom of the window you will see an average, count and sum.

Sum is the total of all the readings added together.

You can just highlight the the rows of a particular month also.

I did this on a laptop though so might not be as easy if using a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

yeah thanks a lot for the heads up. I was able to get registered and can see a years worth of export.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

I can only see about three weeks worth too, nc6 form was completed in July as was smart meter install. Anyone know why?

Actually should add the day it shows from was the 21 Oct which if I remember correctly was the day I switched from SSE to BG. would this have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Might do. In my case it looks like the meter lost signal soon after installation and hasn't regained it. I still have a person calling by in a car to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Yes, mine is the same, just showing the data from the date i switched. I suppose a limitation of the system unfortunately - your supplier notifies ESBN when you switch and then they probably base the validation on these parameters

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Erekon

Just to confirm that mine is also the same. I only see export/contribution data from the date that I switched provider in July and I only see consumption data from even more recently (last few weeks).

I welcome the interface from ESB Networks as it means that you don't have to sign up for a 'smart' plan to get your time of use data. It's a good start from ESB Networks. However, I'm somewhat confused by the graphs and HDF data.

The data is graphed in kW, not kWh, and is in 30 min increments. So, what does this actually mean? Is it the instantaneous power (in kW) at a single point in time (in which case the data will be very noisy and not very representative of energy use) or is it a time averaged energy use over a 30 min period (which should be in kWh even though it is over 30 mins)?

Also, on what planet does it make sense to have import and export values in the same column with a different "read type" field in the HDF file? How are people parsing this data to get useful information from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

As far as I could tell it's the cumulative kW for the previous 30 minutes. When I divided by 2 it matched up nicely with the kWh from my own bills and simulations.

I agree the format is 'genius'.

You can see how I parsed it here: https://github.com/Tonyslogic/tout-compare/blob/main/dataPopulation/makedbFromESBNSmartDataFile.py

It's a massive step forward. A huge gap for folk was detailed data on when they use electricity. A minority invest in monitors and what to do with them. Some like me take a leap (on solar) based on broad assumptions. It works, but there are many that see the assumptions as unacceptable.

To the best of my knowledge the detail data only goes back as far as the date the meter was configured for hourly reporting.

Until recently this was only done if you signed up to a smart plan. Most people will only have a few weeks data. I think that's down to a change in interpretation of GDPR. I think it's actually being challenged in the courts too...

Post edited by curioustony on

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I might have missed this if its been said before, so throwing it out there.

Electic Ireland state their "first export credits will be issued automatically for all eligible customers on the last bill in December, from December onwards this will appear on every bill.  

The export rate is 14cents per kilowatt, the first payment will be backdated as far back to the 15th of February 2022, or the date your NC6 form was submitted, or smart meter installed if that was later."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Did some interesting calculations earlier regarding what effect a smart meter will have when I get one

Still waiting on my panels and battery so it's all hypothetical at the moment. Also I had to do some guesswork on what rates I'll be charged since Energia have 4 rates on the smart EV plan as opposed to 2

Anyway, the plan would still stand to use the battery to minimise export and avoid day and peak rates

So the result was

€75 per month on a D/N meter with deemed export

€110 per month with a Smart meter and metered export

€100 per month if I stay on the D/N meter and lose the deemed export

Now at that point it's firmly in the noise between getting a Smart meter or not, but it definitely shows the value proposition for a Smart meter is basically nonexistent at current prices

Of course a large chunk of that was down to the deemed export, so I can see why they'd be trying to get rid of it

Anyway, it's a problem for 2024 or whenever they install one in my house

I'll probably still say yes anyway because I suspect that as soon as the majority of houses are on smart meters then suppliers will jack up the standing charge on older meters to nudge the holdouts back to obedience

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

FIT bills, and tax.

Could put in child’s name?

is there a way to collectively write to revenue putting forward the arguments about cost? Perhaps the EV “association” Facebook page ?

😎

I think if your child is paying tax then they've got an income in which case social services will be on your case 😂

I wrote to them a while ago asking how to file it and they responded saying they don't know, even though they acknowledged the first €200 is tax free

I'm guessing they haven't bothered sorting it out since they're assuming the number of people getting more than €200 from the FIT will be negligible (they're in for a shock in that case)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just to confirm, the back dated FiT money from Bord Gais has hit my account. They paid the deemed export in full for Feb-Sep.

Im with Energia now and they are paying out on each bill and have paid the first one already since I switched to them in Sep.

Im close to my €200 tax free limit already! 🤑

Would it be possible for ESBN to calculate all exported even if now only shows since I switched provider? Also I can only see exported on the csv file and not imported, anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I'm the same, only export visible. I wonder is that because I've a smart meter but not on a smart plan. Are you on a standard plan?

☀️

Same, smart meter standard plan

You probably need to be on a smart plan or have agreed to the terms and conditions for transferring 30 minute data for the energy insights.

☀️

So are you getting metered export instead of deemed export then. Or do you need to sign up for a smart rate for any of that?

That's decent, at least you can stay on the non smart tariff then for a while without losing all your export

I'm actually moving to a smart plan to charge the batteries at night rate. 12.65c for 2 hours. Pinergy also have a plan which I think I'll move to which gives 6.5c for 3 hours. Standing charge is good too at 280 a year.

☀️

• Advertisement

I think Energia have a smart EV rate which gives 4 hours at ~13c/kWh, might be good to get some more juice into the batteries?

Rest of the rates looked awful but that seems par for the course these days

Advertisement