Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

Don't you find it slightly creepy that some adults are losing the plot because they want adult entertainers to deliver a service to vulnerable children?

I find it utterly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The ones losing the plot in my view are those who are intent that people are going to harm their children despite zero evidence that this will be the case.

These same ones losing the plot want to corral various strands of history form being told to people and want more religious involvement in governance, despite probably the single biggest global network of pedophilia facilitation being a religious one.

These same people have no issue with a high ranking conservative politician despite him ignoring students who told him they were being abused in the university he was working in.

They had no issue with their elected officials trying to introduce legislation removing age as being a requirement for marriage.

They didn't call for the Boy Scouts of America to be disbanded and shut down when it was discovered that there claims of over 92,000 cases of abuse being brought against the organisation just a few years ago.

They are fine with kids wearing bathing suits fitted with push up bras and parading in front of people as part of a beauty pageant.

I find it bizarre that despite these stories, and others being highlighted here, that your concern and that of other conservatives on here is the drag show story hour events. What do you think?

Who is "they"?

I'm of my own views only, not part of some nebulous and ill-defined "they".

Congratulations.

Why are you outraged at the idea of drag story hour but not at the other real life impactful events such as I listed?

Those large slabs of text were completely without nuance. For instance, you referred to Brexit - yet failed to recognize that this issue divided both traditional left and right voters.

I could go on, but the lack of nuance is extraordinary.

To lump everything together - both people and social and political issues - under one umbrella is as bad as the other side who hide everything under the word, Woke.

Two sides of the same coin!

• Advertisement

Stop trying to avoid answering.

You already responded to the post in question and everyone can see there's no mention of Brexit in it.

Here it is again.

So, why are you so concerned about the concept of drag story hour, but seem to not have an issue with any of the instances I listed where real actual harm has been done?

If we were talking about those other subjects, I'd happily express my opinion on each.

Just because I'm discussing my opinion on this matter does not mean I have no opinions on the other matters. But we cannot discuss a dozen topics at the same time, and the drag story one is the story that I came across when I entered the thread.

I'm not avoiding answering anything, nor am I on trial here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭patnor1011

You are so off the mark yet still try to muddy the waters talking "but his father said this and that". All your argument stands on what another person said. While we did not know some things on the day one, which prompted you to your anti right crusade, enough is known now to see how stupid this reasoning really is. Yet you still insist.

Things like that father played zero role in shooter's life, was hardly any role model or influenced his actions. On the contrary, shooters identified as LGBTQ and he even changed his name so he will not be associated with him.

And you still try to push this like his father was some hero for him and he did what he did because of him.

Pathetic. Next time try to wait few days before you try to exploit some tragedy for your own political agenda.

That's exactly my point.

Let's be clear, you are not on trial (a weird inference at any rate), and this post isn't aimed at you per say, but those who will comment on one topic, but refuse to comment on others. You and I and everyone else are choosing to be here and you've thanked posts that implied what my motivation is so I'm sure you understand how I can assume what others is.

What is happening here is people selectively choosing to comment intensively on a topic of perceived risk to children while refusing to comment events that involved actual harm to children.

This suggests that it's reasonable to assume that conservative commentators on this particular thread, to this point, and many conservatives beyond it are not really motivated in protecting children, but using their safety as a stick to beat the Trans community with.

This topic as it is, exemplifies exactly what the thread title is saying. It's actually proves the point given how resistant people are in commenting on some topics, but not others.

All I've said is that I'm referring to factual events to presume a motive, you are not.

We're not even equi-distance from the truth so fir you to be accusing me of muddying the water is funny in fact.

Your final sentence is so ironic, it has to have been intentional.

• Advertisement

When Mermaids were found to have compromised safeguarding for children, you and others said nothing. When 1,000+ families have decided to sue the Tavistock clinic over a similar lack of safeguarding of children, you and others said nothing.

Instead, it was whataboutery.

No concern for children at all.

So no, let's not ascend the proverbial high horse here. Organizations that have actively damaged children have gone uncriticised and/or completely ignored - often conveniently.

If this kind of scandal against children emerged from the right, you or your equivalent would be the first to express condemnation - and rightly so.

Yet nothing is said when this crisis has evolved from a left-wing perspective.

So if you are to be consistent, then perhaps condemn what's happening on your own turf first before throwing stones at the "right".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭patnor1011

To call this person artist and that show as entertainment claiming it is normal and appropriate for children show exactly how delusional modern left is.

That is adult entertainment applied to children.

Note in the video how young children were also handing cash to the drag artist whilst the latter was performing.

It's outrageously wrong. Sick, totally sick.

How anyone can support this is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

NY post stirring sh1te. So, what about this part (part of the advertising for that show):

"“If you would not allow your children to see a Rated R movie or watch TV-MA programming, this is not the event for them. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.”

Seems like the child's parents were o.k. with it, why aren't you? Their child, their choice.

Just a bunch of pearl clutching. My guess is some "texas pol" put the child's parents up to it. As always, threats to the first amendment coming from the right in the US.

What a dreadful justification for what transpired in that video.

Do your pearls rattle harder if you clutch them more closely? I mean, blame the parents here, not the organizers who were perfectly clear about what was going to happen - one of the images shows another adult in the room laughing, so clearly some people (ugh!) enjoyed it.

What's particularly nasty is that this private event is being used to justify legislation reducing freedom of speech, but this, of course, Texas no surprises there, the people of that state are into government diktat.

I'll blame both - the perpetrator and the enabler.

If you mean the site where the event took place, what more would you have them do than publish warnings and say it's R-rated and so on? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing wasn't a setup by some right-wingitty types in Texas. And the perpetrator was the parents, full stop.

Do you approve of young children attending that drag event, where children are handing cash to the drag artist whilst she's performing, and at a time when the drag artist pulls up her skirt?

No conspiracy theories.

I'm quite clear: that's wrong, it crosses a very disturbing red line.

So far you've not condemned it. Therefore would it be correct to assume that you support events and activities like the above?

It's also worth throwing in for context that the same people who support the premise in the title of this thread are largely supportive of these events. Yet they want to project the problem as being everyone else. What an utter joke.

• Advertisement

I support parents right to bring their children to such events. Their child, their choice. And (in the USA anyway, which is the subject of that NY post article), there's freedom of speech. Unlike what exists in Ireland, which as you recall had a blasphemy law on the books for many decades until recently.

Do you support them going to a Mass on Sunday in Ireland? There's groomers up there in dresses, many of them coworkers of convicted pedophiles.

Lecturing from a work of fantasy that has all sorts of nasties in it like rape and murder of infants and mass circumcisions and on and on.

And, as the subject of this thread reminds us, who is threatening the loss of civil liberties here, the likes of the NY post? A Murdoch flagship rag that makes its coin stirring up the MAGAts. Basically an online/print version of Faux news.

Would I take a kid to a drag show? No, probably not. But I wouldn't stop anyone else from taking their kid. For one, little kids won't understand it and its as such a waste of time and money.

But if they found out about and asked to go, after discussion with the kid to confirm, sure off we'd go.

“Their child, their choice” doesn’t work when it’s child abuse.

Why do you think its child abuse (unlike, say, rape by the RCC?) Is there a statute against this, or just some phrase you're clutching at?

Because it is child abuse. And believe me, I don’t consider child abuse a “phrase”.

Trying to explain away one form of child abuse by referring to the Catholic Church has got to be the worst justifications I've ever come across.

Fine, so take the children away if their parents are so massively indifferent to their conditions. Remember, the parent had to accompany the child and saw fit to stay through the program (at least, we're led to believe that, don't know if any parents decided to leave early.)

And I'm still not seeing how a drag show is child abuse, have you got the text of the statute? Do you know if the jurisdiction in question has enabled their child protective services to take children away in these circumstances.

Don't be disingenuous.

You saw the footage above. It's abundantly clear what's abusive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I've yet to see even one of them do the most basic thing when it comes to this stuff, saying that it's wrong. They seem literally incapable of it. You can't on one hand say that our community is being unfairly attacked by being labelled as groomers, then on the other never condemn any of these dubious acts.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 82,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If that’s incitement to hatred then this was incitement to hatred. Y’all are being ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't think children are allowed on the premises in hooters

this tells us a lot, that you wouldn’t find it acceptable. LMGTFY

Advertisement