Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2022 - Team and Match Discussion

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

no. He was close but back of his boot was just about on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Poland in some ways have been lucky here. Sure Poland have had a couple of chances but so have Saudi Arabia, poor finishing(and good saves), should have scored the penalty and that second goal for Poland was as easy as it gets. Nobody will fear Poland should they finish second in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interesting French line-up. Kounde and Varane come in for Pavard and Konate. I'd still be concerned about Upamecano.

Denmark have made a few changes too: Skov Olsen, Dolberg, Delaney and Kjaer out, Damsgaard, Cornelius, Lindstrom, Nelsson in. Looks like the Danes are having a go. Hopefully a better game than the 0-0 at the last World Cup. I'll go for a narrow France win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,129 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Don't see why they are taking Kjaer out. I know they have changed the formation but you ain't beating France without cool heads like his.

Danish national anthem clearly designed to bore the enemy into submission

What a ball from Griezmann.

Should have been red for Christianson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Agreed. Nearly any other player and a yellow would’ve been the right call, but Mbappé is so ridiculously quick that the two covering players weren’t catching him.

If it was Giroud, for example, yellow would’ve been grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Missed the first half hour - was surprised to see Upamecano as the one to stay alright, for all his slick on-the-ball stuff, I always feel like he has a clanger in him. Loses concentration more often than you'd like. I'd have a bit more faith in Konate, so rarely puts a foot wrong and still has all the size and pace and passing you could ever ask for. Upamecano is more likely to dribble past someone, but that'd be the last of my priorities in a CB..

<edit>

Ooh, lovely combination there, great ball from Kounde, and great follow on from Mbappe - would've been a peach had Giroud finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

France giving the Danes an absolute roasting here,still 0-0 somehow, Cornelius my arse

• Advertisement

Ronnie and Darragh are bloody chore sometimes. There was nothing in that from just like there was nothing in LEwandoswski standing on the Saudi arm

France have impressed me, particularly Dembele, Griezmann and Rabiot. Just need to get the goal. Always risky when you keep spurning chances. Denmark haven't offered much offensively. Wonder if Braithwaite is going to get a chance as I don't think he came on in the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

France have been very good here so far and probably should be ahead. I thought Denmark would be better, didn't see them in their first game. Dembele really causing problems for them and Hernandez at left back is linking up well with Mbappe and the midfield.

Agree with Hamman, the law doesn't have nuance for the pace of a particular player.

MBAPPE!

Lovely worked goal.

Mbappe and Their playing very well together.

Mbappe should really consider moving to Milan 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lewandowski coming to an end of his career has 77 international goals.

Mbappe already has 30.

Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Deserved lead. Was actually a weak shot so the deflection was needed but doubt the French will care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit too easy for an equaliser

• Advertisement

1-1 via Christensen's header. Game on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Darragh got caught out with the eulogising about the French there, and forgot there are two teams in the match.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I'm sure Dembele is wrecked tired, but the step down to Coman is a big one.

Konate bullet header to win it. Just got to keep up the crosses.

Mbappe again!

Lovely ball by Griezmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Dingaan

He's lethal.

• Advertisement

He's some man in fairness. France really scary... if they can just find their concentration to be less relaxed at times, they have everything to win it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Reminds me of Jonah Lomu in the rugby, makes the rest look silly at full pace.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Agh, so so stupid from Coman, has so much time to smash it over into space for Mbappe to run clean through, ahead of the defenders but onside in his own half. How's he not seen it with Mbappe screaming for it I've no idea.

Coman always just feels to me like an Aaron Lennon, or Andros Townsend or something. Can do something great in a moment, but ultimately just flatters to decieve.

Mbappe level with Zidane for French goals. Just 3 off Trezeguet as well.

Good result for France. Looking very good atm but still work to be done. Denmark I think did okay given the quality of opposition. I'd still fancy them to progress.

Giroud matching the record the other day feels a bit like when Niall Quinn did the same, with Robbie Keane in the team beside him - a great achievement, but you just know this other fella is gonna eclipse you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

French winnder doesn't change much for Denmark. Would still have had to beat Aus in the final game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Mbappe has really taken up the mantle as the most watchable player in the world right now.

He is the soccer equivalent of a Ja'maar Chase or Justin Jefferson from the NFL, or as someone mentioned here earlier, Jonah Lomu- you have to tune in to watch.

Can't wait for Argentina vs Mexico. If Argentina lose, they're out. Atmosphere should be boisterous.

Lisandro Martinez and Alexis Mac Allister among Scaloni's new additions. I'll say Argentina to win by 2 goals.

Have a feeling Lautaro Martinez will get one or two today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Argentina will have to step up in a big way to get the win here. I think Mexico have a bit of grit to them and with Argentina needing a win, it’ll suit Mexico a bit better than the Poland game, I’d fancy Lozano to nick one on the counter attack at some point like he did to the Germans four years ago. Argentina’s back line isn’t the quickest so they could be vulnerable to Lozano’s pace if they play a high line to impose themselves on the game.

1-1 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Goodness that Mexico jersey is giving me Irish jersey vibes.

Surprised we haven't had more jerseys with Celtic or Celtic christian artwork the way Mexico always have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Scrappiest game so far, not much flowing football likely here tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Piss poor reffing. Easily fooled by the Mexicans, who are dropping like flies.

Curse on the game.

Don't know why you are singling out the Mexicans. Its like 22 Tom Daleys out there.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Free every minute

Why has it never been addressed? The game would be so much better without the theatrics. Cameras everywhere yet nothing is done about it.

VAR should call dives. It's one of the worst aspects of the game so should get the maximum attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Dire affair so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Messi is no where to be seen

Wow Mexico actually got a shot on target. Can't believe this sht show is at half time already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Awful game.

Advertisement