Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site banned with no warning or reason

Options
  • 26-11-2022 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4

Hello moderators, I appear to have been site banned and I’m not sure why, I noticed a few of my recent posts have also been deleted which is weird and if someone can explain why I’ve been banned that would be great

regards swisswatchfan and previously registered as Omegagene

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the Helpdesk instead. We don't have a prison forum, but N&F definitely isn't the place for it either.

I'm trying to find out why currently.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 swisswatchfan

Thanks for that, I thought i posted in the help forum but must have messed it up

I did search for the prison forum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The prison forum didn't make it over with the move to Vanilla.

I'm currently awaiting a response from the person who banned you.

Okay thanks @Spear

This was indeed a mistake, someone hit the wrong button. The ban and deletions are undone.

• Advertisement

That’s a weird one, I was racking my head wondering what went wrong.

thanks for looking into this for me and getting a fast resolution

If you could please login and respond with the OmegaGene account to make sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Yes I’m back on the site thanks

maybe there should be a rule that before someone can issue an instant website ban they have to get it double checked by another moderator and put the poster in a time out in the mean time 🤷‍♂️

anyway thanks again

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add, you were posting affiliate links and the mod intended to forum ban you. Please do not post any more such links as using this site for financial gain is against site rules and anyone signing up just to do that will be sitebanned. Your account does have a long history, but please do not post such links again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The links I posted were for Amazon that I got from hot deals that I used myself to buy items, I was not aware any of them were affiliate links, the last one I posted was deleted and it was for the Guinness book of records for £8.50 instead of £22.50 and if that was an affiliate link I do apologise but it’s not linked to me, maybe warn someone next time or even send them a message when they get banned

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hi Omega,

First of all apologies for the site ban, it wasn't intentional and was supposed to be for bargain alerts only.

The links posted were affiliate and were also reported by another poster. The forum rules against these is very clear so no warning is required.

Will give you another shot in BA but if you post affiliate links again you will be banned. Would suggest not cutting and pasting links from other sites.

Advertisement