Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scraper for Quad

Options
  • 24-11-2022 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a Quad. Just wondering where is the best place to buy a scraper for the Quad. We need it to clean down some indoor passage ways where there is no tractor access. We already have automatic scrapers round the farm but not everywhere. Something quick attach would be important. I am in Co.Tipperary.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Unless you're buying the quad anyway...

Would you consider one of those lawnmower conversions, where you put a scraper blade on the front of an old ride-on lawnmower?

Or maybe even something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN9g-PUSsH0

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Keep the quad out of the sh1t. It will only rot the chassis. As siamsa said , look to the lawn mower option. You dont want to have to go putting up strip wires in the spring or autumn and spend a bit of time removing at scraper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I know most lads selling them are looking for stupid money for them these days but would the likes of a simple old cabless yoke be able to fit into the sheds? A MF 35 or old Ford or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Suckler

Would one of those scrapers be able for FYM? I don't have slats, all on straw bed. We keep a passage clear along the feed rail where they stand but where they lie down gets compacted and needs the forks to shift it. Even if it could shift piles I'd forked out it might be a purchase I could justify.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Anything would be better than a hand scrapper anyway. I was at the physio on Friday for a trapped nerve in my shoulder. Happens around this time every year as I start scrapping yards and spronging silage

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
Advertisement