Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I want to know more about these remote control men.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

One load of laundry in the machine and 2 waiting, ironing of what was washed before done, still need to do a grocery shop and clean the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Jaysus.....is it any wonder foreigners are rushing to live here 😁😁😁

Must set my alarm for 6 in the morning to get up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You are a prophet! ESB was on low power and when it came back; microwave was fine. Already ordered the new one but good to have a spare... Found the Crib.. but symbolically the baby Jesus is missing... The weather is dramatic and affects ESB cables as they travel ocean to get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I haven't touched an iron in 8 years ......life too short!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same, occasionally I'll iron something for Mrs G but never anything for me

Deluge drumming on the roof.. weather changes every few minutes. Anyone out in this will get drowned ... Sounds like some hail mixed in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Did dinner for 2 days yesterday.

Also, some salmon left over that is 3 days old. So, cat getting that. Seems ok. Ish.

He's lost the bell off his collar. So he's getting the black one of these collars. These last years on him but ..Keeping a fabulous one for Xmas day 🤣🤣🤣

Out of the house and drinking decaff coffee...actually have given up coffee as I can't sleep after it no matter when I take it.

Going stir crazy in side and it's stopped raining.

I'd been in the house too long, she said..and I naturally fled.

• Advertisement

I'm showered about to get dressed then off to Community Hospital in next town along to visit Grumpy. He's been in hospital for 3 months now, length of stay down entirely to community services not pulling their fingers out to get home supports sorted. Should be home in Wednesday, fingers crossed . My own health is shot due to anxiety - constant migraines and throwing up in middle of the night some nights, last night included. Hoping those symptoms will abate when I get him home. 🙏

In a similar situation. Someone very close in hospital since September. Getting good care. But my anxiety levels have ratcheted up over the past number of years because of this and other problems.

But not headaches and sickness like you. You must be absolutely traumatised.

Take your time travelling. And hope you get some peace and quiet for December when he gets home.

Thanks Bowser. Same to you. It's hard when you can't do anything to change a situation yourself, isn't it? (((Hugs)))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Really want to watch this film, and amazingly it’s coming here for the film festival. Hope I get that night off.

Oh how lovely.. Wonder how my concatenation would take to collars...

Ah, you have to get them used to them as kittens. We got 2 cats. One would go hunting everything everywhere and go through loads of these. He was killed on the road. Local birds breathed a sigh of relief. He was great for rats but unfortunately caught a lot of birds even with a collar and bell. We still have the other cat, but he doesn't go for birds at all. The only real downside of cats I feel.

Anyway, these a less than 10 euro for 12. One good thing about Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Love to you Grem. My friend is recovering from a nasty virus worst than any Covid.

Duvet, how was your holiday?

To thine own self be true

You have to let it be as the song goes. Or even let it go as that other song goes. That's what I try to tell myself.

I'm avoiding anything that causes me extra anxiety and stress where I can. Cause I've too much at the moment. Trying to.

And if you sit back, you'll see it coming from the most non obvious places. The whole culture is anxiety driven at the moment.

I'm listening to Christmas songs in November and it's causing me anxiety. 😃 So, maybe the correct response is to say **** it and do sweet fa for December. Instead of rushing around like an idiot on top of everything else.

Edit referring to me above and also rambling

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I'm seriously considering getting Bob a collar with a bell on it. He only has access to a very small 2nd floor balcony as 'outdoor space', but he managed to catch another birb a few days ago.

Absolutely brilliant, really needed a break , been non stop go even on the weekends, feel I need to do everything at the moment and not turning down any social outings....unfortunately I don't feel like I need to do any housework or cooking ☺️, online bank balance is totally avoided also, I'll start afresh in January. 😁

• Advertisement

Telpis, I'm just back from grocery shopping.

Wise words, @[Deleted User]

unfortunately I don't feel like I need to do any housework or cooking 

Have you any gossip for us? 😉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It'll be steak and chips for us later, that and running the washing machine twice is all I'm doing today.

Leggy, if I ever have gossip ye will be the first to know.😛😁

You deserve medals and more... wonderful folk! I never got the chance to care for my mother. Lunatic driver saw to that. I hope I would have done even half as well as you are doing. Bless you!

Myself and every other carer don't want or need medals, platitudes or pats on the head. We want decent, reliable community support services that allow is to do our work without having to completely sacrifice personal lives and any future career prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's steady as you go here with the cat. A long drawn out process though.

In other news, I'm taking the day off work tomorrow. I'm tempted to take the train to Dublin for some me time instead of work stuff. Wouldn't mind a ramble with no responsibility. I believe it's good for the brain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Another lazy day here today, was supposed to meet my mate for a walk in the park earlier but he cancelled on me, so I just stayed in bed.

Tummy and gut is a bit poorly so have to take it easy this evening in any case. OH watching TV in the living room and me horizontal on the sofa on my iPad. Might head out later for a drive.

@sardi - really hope Grumpy’s homecoming goes according to plan and that you get as much help and support that you need. 🌈 I have a good friend who is also a full-time carer to an elderly parent (with dementia) and it is a lonely and thankless job with minimal State support and also little help from his own siblings either.

Just read about your cat. Sad to hear that. Pets melt and then break your heart.

Yep, good to talk a break ! Especially Monday !!

Always nice to go to a place when it doesn't involve work or appointments. Marks and Spencer coffee shop overlooking Grafton Street is good to watch the world literally go by. And then you can grab a decent pint in a decent pub nearby. And just take it easy! Kehoes or Neary's or .

Edit that's a good test of apostrophe usage !

• Advertisement

I miss people watching in Dublin. Upstairs in McDonald's on O'Connell St. in front of the big window. You can see all sorts from there, especially round the Spire- deals and assignation.....

Another lovely place to go, but in warm weather is the cricket pavilion in Trinners. For women, especially, you can plonk yourself on a bench and sit for hours without being harassed. It usually takes about 5 mins in Steven's Green before some sleazebag slides alongside you if you're a lone woman there. It's one of Dublin's hidden gems. It's incredible how many people don't know about it.

Advertisement