Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light switch issue

Options
  • 27-11-2022 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭

Evening folks. I've a question about one of the light switches in my hallway.

The switch in question is for the upstairs landing. There are 3 switches in total controlling the landing lights. 2 switches upstairs on the landing, and one switch is downstairs at the foot of the staircase.

Currently, if I have the lights on upstairs, and turn them off with the downstairs light, I cannot turn on or off the lights with either of the two switches upstairs.

Once I turn them on using the downstairs switch, both upstairs switches will work to turn them on and off.

Both landing switches will work to turn on and off the lights, but it seems like only when the downstairs switch is in what would traditionally be the "off" position.

Is it fair to assume that the issue is with that downstairs switch?

Or is there some other known (but unknown to me) issue I should be looking at

Comments

Advertisement