Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Thankfully Mark has as little power as his friends on here. He supposedly has 13 thousand followers, yet seems to spend his days all but screaming into the void, barely managing 20 likes a tweet.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

Enlighten us. I understand it as a facile false equivalence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

If we had the population density of Monaco sure we could fit in tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

Indeed. Doubtlessly Monaco’s infrastructure is funded and facilitated by asylum claimants - asylum claimants rather than refugees, because it is important to remember that asylum claimants (Georgian, Algerian, Nigerian, Zimbabwean) are the relevant demographic in as far as East Wall is concerned - the fact that poverty is unrecorded in the principality is certainly connected to its asylum statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I did understand. It was nonsense. If Ireland had the oil reserves of Saudi we’d be rich. If Ireland……… boll*x talk and deflection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

There's a massive housing crisis in Dublin. Students can't get accomodation and a fairly average room in a houseshare is about 800 euro a month.

You can't blame people for being angry about people coming in and getting free accommodation.

People constantly warn about the dangers of the "far right", however it's the "far left" that seem to do more damage to Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Agree, need serious reform. You shouldn't expect to come to a country and receive full welfare/housing etc.I don't blame people coming with the generous package in place.

Government outbidding people who have worked all their life to house people who haven't paid a cent in tax in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Fooks sake where to start.

At last you let the mask slip, you openly admit we should have open borders.

Lets look at all the tropes thrown out.

1. Shure the Irish emigrated.
    2. We get mostly skilled immigrants. (of course not differentiating between your Indians, Americans, Filipinos and Nigerians, Somalis, Afghanis, Georgians, etc etc)
    3. Only Far right fascists have problem with it,
    4. How will our pensions be paid for in future (nevermind how will our social welfare be paid for now)
    5. Asylum seeking immigrants boost the housing market because the state has to pay for it?
    6. And of course multicultiuralism gives us exotic food and cultures (FGM, Halal killings, honor killings, insliamist terrorism recruitment, enforced misogynistic segregation of females notwithstanding)

Fooks sake you fill the bingo card.

I hope to fook we didn't waste too much taxpayer money on your education.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Jesus Christ. I thought you were just covering what they usual said, then I looked at what you were responding to. That's so stereotypical, hitting literally every single talking point, that it honestly reads like satire.

Nearly everything they said is a lie, and more so outright delusional. If we lived in saner times said person who be considered a bask case, someone who's not fully there. Sadly society has done a very effective job of normalizing delusion.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

You’ve have that right but leveraging the far right for momentum is the politics of a gobshite and that is a fact, leverage the ira to sort out local drug addiction, and sure you may as well leverage nazis to jump start our auto industry

• Advertisement

Perhaps you could tell us why you dislike the "far right"?

As I see it they want to put the needs of Irish people first in Ireland? Why is that controversial?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah. Right now so called patriots and nationalists are actively engaged in leveraging all 3

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

The far right are actually great for the left. Nothing repels the general public more than very clear racism and looney conspiracy theories. They will get some support from their own ilk but it's such a repellent to most of the public that you'd almost think some of them are "controlled opposition".

There is a housing crisis in Dublin. That's not a "loony conspiracy theory".

It only seems to be the "far right" that discuss the negatives of mass immigration.

I suppose it doesnt matter local kids can't buy houses? They should really know their place and stay with their parents or in a houseshare?

Same with kids from Cork and Galway that want to study in Dublin? They should know their place and forget studying at the university they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

The far right despises immigration, with or without a housing crisis. If hundreds of thousands of affordable homes were newly available tomorrow, the far right would simply find the next thing to blame migrants for. They would move on to jobs, crime, terrorism or whatever flavour of the month can be employed to create a sense of emnity towards migrants.

And that's the thing really — for the Far Right it comes down not merely to pointing out the negatives of mass immigration (which even centrists do), but going that step further to make enemies of the migrants themselves.

They are nothing but a pack of embittered clowns who offer nothing good for this country and eventually turn on each other as each iteration of the Far Right fails another interation's purity test.

However there is a housing crisis... we all know there arent going to be "hundreds of thousands of affordable homes" built anytime soon.

To label everyone against immigration as "Right Wing" isnt going to address tensions.... People have legitimate concerns about immigration. You insulting them doesnt really help...

Anyway, do you really think the"Far Right" are against immigration? In my entire life, I've never met one single person that was totally against immigration. However, 99% of people do have concerns about the quantity and quality of immigration though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its what losers do and have done for millennia. Blame immigrants.

Your life is ****? Have problems? Most cases its your fault. But no, blame someone else.

99% of the far right in Ireland are long term unemployed thickos. Look at the Nazional Party, 5Gemmas (former) lot and the same dozen or so friendless morons that turn up at every protest no matter the time or day. All losers. The highlight of their day is setting up a new Twitter account after being banned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The far right isnt against immigration. That is one of the most bizarre and absurd suggestions I have read in 20 years on this site to suggest that far right extremist racists and white nationalists are not anti immigration.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

You are spot on. The “far right” does consist of the same 12 or so goons. They have minuscule support.

Normal, everyday people worried about immigration are not far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

The same people have no credibility because they are clearly racist and believe in things like some weird Jewish conspiracy theories. Covid was a hoax etc. Do you think the general public are going to get behind these loons? They can't even get along with each other. It's all about ego for most of them. People are not going to demonise and hate migrants. It's not going to fly at a national level. They can't even keep their own racism in check. I honestly think some of them are leftists who have infiltrated and are exposing the far right. Otherwise it's just an extreme lack of awareness as they are literally ensuring that they get the opposite result to what they claim they want - zero public support.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Are the Japanese a nation of embittered clowns? , they have chosen a path of ( relative to Western Europe ) of near absolute preservation of the native culture

The thing is, to the "far left" everyone that questions immigration is "far right". The term "far right" has now lost it's meaning due to overuse.

I bet if you actually spoke to people that you consider "far right" you'd find out they were totally opposed to immigration...

No one really has a problem with a doctor coming to work... people do have a problem with someone that comes to Ireland for the free money...

And they are pretty much fkd because of it to such an extent they are looking at opening up their society ASAP as their entire economic model is about to come crashing down

I'm pretty sure I'm talking to the far right account that's been banned several times so consider that box checked Mr. Brand-new-account-that-is-only-focused-on-immigration

Wow! What an argument!

If someone has a different viewpoint they are a "long term unemployed thicko"?

There are a lot of good hardworking people in ireland that struggle to get by. Just because they complain about immigrants getting free houses doesnt make them "long term unemployed thickos".

Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

“ fcuked “ is a slightly over the top analysis I would suggest , the Yen is still the third most secure currency and Japanese debt seen as extremely safe

I wouldn’t bet against them

• Advertisement

Have a look at their population pyramid, it's practically inverted. They are in serious trouble and in real danger of being unable to meet basic needs as their population ages

Advertisement