Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free Boston

• 27-11-2022 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to find what's on offer in Boston Logan airport?

I've someone traveling back soon, and I'm trying to find out what whiskeys they have and for how much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,285 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I used this before for JFK to compare, this is not the same company that operate in Logan but will give you a general idea of pricing and stock. I found last time I went through pricing was mad for spirits, more than the Tesco price here for the likes of Jack Daniels and Jim Beam despite them originating in US and supposedly being duty free. Maybe the ultra expensive stuff is discounted.

https://jfk.dutyfreeamericas.com/liqour.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I've just flown back from the US no real value due to the current exchange rate unless you are after something you can't get here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'll hit that idea on the head.

There's probably better value to be found elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If they have check on baggage, you'd probably be better getting something from a liquor store and bubble wrapping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A relative picked up a Sazerac Rye for me in Atlanta, it was about €15 cheaper than you'd pay here.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

It would work out cheaper to buy in a local store than in so called duty free in the US.A lot of "duty frees" outside of Europe charge "silly" prices too.But the Canaries are an out and out an exception-as in high prices.

Advertisement